Traveling to game/Airport Question

TFBillsfan

On 8/17/2021 at 10:15 AM, Gordio said:

No offense but this is horrible advice.  Park in LOT 5 right off of Southwestern.  Make sure you park as close to the middle aisle as possible and make sure you park turn to left side not the right side(if your facing the stadium.  Take southwestern all the way to the airport(it will turn into transit) make a left onto genessee and that will take you right into the airport.  You will be at the airport at the latest by 5 and should have plenty of time.  

& before you say I don't know what I am talking about I live in South Lancaster & I am usually home for a 1pm game no later than 4:35 or so.  The airport is about 15 minutes away from me heading north.  

I see Southtown Tommy gave me a thumbs up!   Havent seen you in awhile brother.  If your not doing anything labor Day Weekend, September 4th stop over for my college opener party.  All the usual gang will be there.  Getting a Keg, hopefully the weather works out so we could have it on the patio.  

2 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

What are we talking here?

Drag racing?

Drugs?

Wrestling?  

With only 1 sheriff's car for all of Elma Marilla and Wales.

All you had to due was keep driving fast and they would stop.

Put alden and east Aurora had there own police force.

Just telling you from a friend I would never do that  🤞

When I was at Iroquois hs there weren't alot of drugs weed yes others no.

Wrestling the school was #1 in the state in the 60 and 70's put not when I was there stile had a great Wrestling team though 

1 minute ago, scuba guy said:

Wrestling the school was #1 in the state in the 60 and 70's put not when I was there stile had a great Wrestling team though 

I was in high school in Amherst the 60s, and all I knew about Iroquois was it had a great wrestling team and it was someplace south and east of Amherst.  How far south and east?  No idea, except I knew it wasn't as far east as Binghamton and it was so far south that it was in Pennyslvania!  Everyone knew about Iroquois wrestling. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 8/16/2021 at 10:28 PM, Bills Fan of Maryland said:

I wouldn't recommend it. It is certainly possible, but a real iffy proposition and would likely leave you and your daughter stressed. Enjoy the game and find somewhere to get some wings afterwards. You're investing a lot in the memory with your daughter. Missing a day of school simply isn't that big a deal to ruin a once in a lifetime experience for the both of you. Tell mom to chill. 

This.  Listen to Bills Fan of Maryland on this.  As someone who took my soon to a "home" game every year since he was in 1st grade, I can attest to this.  He is now 18 entering his freshman year in college and we both look back fondly on the yearly trip back for a Bills week-end. Sure, some years we could make a later flight out so he did not miss school the next day, but the majority of times we flew out the next morning and he missed school.  The lack of stress in staying over was notable and lead to more positive memories. I communicated in advance with his teacher(s) and there ended up being nothing he could not either do in advance or make up upon his return. The memories are lifelong and pretty awesome. Please trust us on this.  You and her will look back and have this yearly "tradition" to lean into and share widely and often.......I am excited for you, and please try to make this a yearly event. The juice is worth the squeeze.  Oh, I am from the midwest so I can absolutely appreciate the flight concerns.

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/16/2021 at 9:16 PM, TFBillsfan said:

Looking to bring my daughter to her first game this year. Flying round trip from Atlanta. The last direct flight on Sunday is at 6:41 pm. Is it realistic to make it to the airport in time after the game or would we need to leave the game early? My spouse doesn’t want her to miss school. We’d most likely have a rental car. Any help would be much appreciated.

It ALL depends on the score, simply. If It’s close at the start of the 4th, few will leave. If we’re safely ahead on the scoreboard, you still shouldn’t have flight issues. I hope she gets to see the Mafia in full throat and singing SHOUT!

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

It ALL depends on the score, simply. If It’s close at the start of the 4th, few will leave. If we’re safely ahead on the scoreboard, you still shouldn’t have flight issues. I hope she gets to see the Mafia in full throat and singing SHOUT!

I hope we are blowing them out, but if the game is close she can always hold back a year in school! Priorities!  Not the end of the world.  :)

In HS I lived in the sticks and went to school in town. If I missed the bus, my parents asked if I REALLY needed to be there. They didn’t want to drive in and back. I didn’t either. I had good grades and had no desire to be first in my class. I had a lot of days off. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1