Bills announce two DT signings, Bryan Cox Jr to IR

Better be a 1 tech or someone's head around here might explode

Jones also played in North Carolina so its fits the "bill" ;)

Edited by DJB
  • Haha (+1) 1
17 hours ago, ThurmanThomasEnglishMuffin said:

Bad draft this year for 1T DT. Will probably be a priority next year.

I'm guessing a CB, S, IOL or LS are brought in for the last 2 spots?

Long Snapper? Are you trying to stir up the masses? That position is locked down for years to come.

;)

Edited by buffaloboyinATL
  • Haha (+1) 1

As far as  I can tell, Nazair Jones is a former 3rd round pick who played a bit for the Seasnakes for 2 seasons, got injured and IR'd in training camp his 3rd season (2019), and hasn't been on a roster or played since

Anyone know anything about this guy?

Eli Ankou has bopped around 7 different teams - so apparently he looks good enough to potentially contribute but can't quite break a starting lineup.

He spent time on the Exempt list last season: "On October 19, 2020, Ankou was claimed off waivers by the Houston Texans and placed on the exempt/commissioner permission list.[12]" but I can't tell why

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

As far as  I can tell, Nazair Jones is a former 3rd round pick who played a bit for the Seasnakes for 2 seasons, got injured and IR'd in training camp his 3rd season (2019), and hasn't been on a roster or played since

Anyone know anything about this guy?

Eli Ankou has bopped around 7 different teams - so apparently he looks good enough to potentially contribute but can't quite break a starting lineup.

He spent time on the Exempt list last season: "On October 19, 2020, Ankou was claimed off waivers by the Houston Texans and placed on the exempt/commissioner permission list.[12]" but I can't tell why

It looks like Nazair Jones is more of a 3 Tech as the Seahacks moved him to 5T DE when they had injuries at DE. He has a very interesting story and is someone you want to pull for, with what he has had to go through.

"The 6-foot-5 Jones was the team’s third-round draft choice in 2017 out of North Carolina. A rare disease left him in a hospital for months having to re-learn to walk when he was 16. His was an inspirational story, reaching the NFL as a towering defensive tackle who chased quarterbacks and knocked down passes after what he’d bulled through to get there."

"A rare disease left Jones frightened he may be permanently paralyzed. A previously strong, energetic teen athlete playing three sports is not supposed to be inexplicably paralyzed for weeks."

Unfortunately he's had injuries mar his path in the NFL.

https://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/nfl/seattle-seahawks/article242494226.html

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1