Efe Obada “true sack score” ranked 9th in league

1 hour ago, eball said:

Dude, you said it.  I quoted you.  You said Addison and Butler are now upset with Beane because he's apparently paying them more than they would get on the open market.

Own your words.  They're important.  But I don't expect a look-at-me blowhard like yourself to understand that.

It's just unreal isn't it?  

3 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I think it's reasonable to expect that they were dissatisfied with having to take a pay cut.

What the open market would pay is not the only consideration.........it might even be the last and least important one in their opinion.  

Their opinion of their effort on the field and their opinion of their own production doing what they were asked to do(in Butler's case, play a different position) factor in..........as does the idea that they signed a deal and it is being reneged upon by the people who signed you to it.

Would you like it if I cut your social security check by 20% because you aren't being a good consumer and buying NFL season tickets and plane tickets and hotel accommodations anymore?    I think not!   That wouldn't be fair.   It doesn't take in all the extra beverages imbibed to keep you hydrated when you are crying those tears of regret.

Only you can make you happy @eball!:beer:

Beane needs to remember that when he's tryna cut people's pay...........they don't like it........it's not a great way to to motivate, really.

While not the only consideration, it's the major one.  If they are so dissatisfied with the pay cut offer, they are free to refuse it and risk being cut and then shop themselves on the market.  This is what Incognito did after initially agreeing to the pay cut, got himself cut and then went crazy and was out of the league for a year.  The pay cut didn't make him crazy.  Just like the pay cut didn't make Star opt-out because there was a pandemic.

And just because they took a pay cut, it doesn't preclude them from still getting cut.  If they show their dissatisfaction anytime prior to cut-downs, the Bills will have no qualms getting rid of them.

4 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I think it's reasonable to expect that they were dissatisfied with having to take a pay cut.

What the open market would pay is not the only consideration.........it might even be the last and least important one in their opinion.  

Their opinion of their effort on the field and their opinion of their own production doing what they were asked to do(in Butler's case, play a different position) factor in..........as does the idea that they signed a deal and it is being reneged upon by the people who signed you to it.

Were they "happy" about it?  Of course not.  But that's not the point.  They made a business decision; take a pay cut and stay with an organization that still wants you around (and is a SB contender), or get cut and "hope" you land in a good spot.  Doesn't take a lot of brain power to make that decision; even you should understand it.

Keep undercutting Beane as he builds a perennial contender, buddy.  It plays really well around here.

1 hour ago, eball said:

Were they "happy" about it?  Of course not.  But that's not the point.  They made a business decision; take a pay cut and stay with an organization that still wants you around (and is a SB contender), or get cut and "hope" you land in a good spot.  Doesn't take a lot of brain power to make that decision; even you should understand it.

Keep undercutting Beane as he builds a perennial contender, buddy.  It plays really well around here.

I was just responding to you claiming that the players weren't dissatisfied with taking a pay cut.    Now you are agreeing.   Make up your mind.

The fact that they were compelled to make that decision by the fact that the market for their services was probably very poor isn't  irrelevant with regard to their happiness with the decision.

So basically,  you are off on a "they made their bed now they gotta' sleep in it" tangent that serves no purpose to the discussion.

And I've been very complimentary of many things that McBeane have done.   The whole truth is never the most popular position on a fanatic site so the timing is irrelevant.

You,  on the other hand,   showed your complete lack of any faith in the McDermott hiring by dropping your 24 year season tickets in frustration/anger with the organization that you are supposed to be rooting for and supporting.    You were fed up and the hiring of McDermott and his implementation of "the process" weren't changing your mind.  

You were wrong.

You made a mistake posting your thoughts/reasoning regarding quitting on your season tix on here........now we all know.........you are the epitome of a non-Billiever and now you want back on the bandwagon.  

Quitters never win @eball😞 

11 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I was just responding to you claiming that the players weren't dissatisfied with taking a pay cut.    Now you are agreeing.   Make up your mind.

Nope.  You implied that Beane should have cut them, then asked them to come crawling back for less money after they tested the market.  Which scenario do you think creates more bad blood?

You’re a goof.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, eball said:

Nope.  You implied that Beane should have cut them, then asked them to come crawling back for less money after they tested the market.  Which scenario do you think creates more bad blood?

You’re a goof.

No my position on Addison was that they should cut him and saved the $8M and lost his phone number.

My position on Butler was split.   He didn't play well enough in 2020 to warrant the cap hit in 2021..........but he also played out of position to benefit the team so I understood bringing him back at a reduced salary.    Not a fan of pay cuts but in Butler's case he is a young player entering a free agent walk year so he has plenty of reason to be motivated to put good football on tape even if he wasn't happy about having his deal reneged on.

One of the things that Beane has been praised heavily for is signing players to deals that are easy to get out of if the player doesn't play well.

The problem has been Beane still retaining them after they haven't played well.    

Murphy, Star and Kroft are all prime examples.

Now Addison, Butler and Morse are up.

Hopefully it turns out better this time.

As for whether it's better to cut and re-sign later...........of course it is..........save A LOT more money and give the player the chance to test the market.    Not saying he still wouldn't be unhappy about it but there is the issue of THE MONEY...........and otherwise that's just life in the NFL,  a player can't ask for much more than to be able to test the market when the money is out there in February and March.

And let's face it......Beane is 0-2 in pay cut scenarios so far so his batting average can't get much worse.

Instead we have the same people on here who lauded the paycuts now theorizing that Addison and Butler could be cut at the end of camp...........when they might have a hard time finding jobs or one's that pay more than week-to-week league minimum amounts.

Like that wouldn't be a double dickmove by an organization.

Edited by BADOLBILZ