Critical Race Theory

2 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

Cool story.  Maybe they can home school.  Otherwise, by participating in the public education system, they delegate that responsibility through an indirect electoral process.  

So you care not at or would like to have zero say what strangers are telling your children.  Cool.  Bring on the NRA and Eddie Eagle!!  

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Body cameras? Nobody’s talking about cameras…except you! By the way, next time you’re asked to speak at the National School Safety Conference let me know. I’ll be the guy on the Dias. To quote Billsy….idiot.

Congratulations on your guest speaking role.  Hopefully you pay more attention to diction there than you do here.  

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

So you care not at or would like to have zero say what strangers are telling your children.  Cool.  Bring on the NRA and Eddie Eagle!!  

Eddie Eagle? They don’t even the pledge to include One Nation Under….GOD.

1 minute ago, SectionC3 said:

Congratulations on your guest speaking role.  Hopefully you pay more attention to diction there than you do here.  

And let the deflection begin. You’re WAY out of your field of expertise here dude! 

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

Now you’re worried about stranger danger.  I can’t keep it straight with you.  If you don’t want your child to be taught by a stranger, then it’s time to home school.  And, if you want to have direct control over the curriculum at the school of your child, looks like home school or private school is the way to go.  Otherwise, by availing yourself of the public education system, you submit to public direction as what is taught and how those lessons are delivered. 

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

Eddie Eagle? They don’t even the pledge to include One Nation Under….GOD.

And let the deflection begin. You’re WAY out of your field of expertise here dude! 

Hoax.  I’m not.  Maybe you can post a video of your speech at this school safety conference.  We might learn something.  Could be interesting.  

4 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Now you’re worried about stranger danger.  I can’t keep it straight with you.  If you don’t want your child to be taught by a stranger, then it’s time to home school.  And, if you want to have direct control over the curriculum at the school of your child, looks like home school or private school is the way to go.  Otherwise, by availing yourself of the public education system, you submit to public direction as what is taught and how those lessons are delivered. 

Hoax.  I’m not.  Maybe you can post a video of your speech at this school safety conference.  We might learn something.  Could be interesting.  

Feel free to attend. It alternates between Las Vegas and Orlando every other year. Come up and introduce yourself. 

8 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Feel free to attend. It alternates between Las Vegas and Orlando every other year. Come up and introduce yourself. 

I’d like to see the video before I commit to the flight.  No reason to invest that time and money unless I know it will be worth my while. 

59 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Where have I stated I want direct control?  I'll save you the time of you typical little games.  I never did.  Once children enter the classroom you have no clue what is going on.  So those are the only options?  Submit to the system or home school?   Every wonder why we are so far behind the rest of the world with regard to education?  This is likely a big reason.  

Edited by Chef Jim

13 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Where have I stated I want direct control?  I'll save you the time of you typical little games.  I never did.  Once children enter the classroom you have no clue what is going on.  So those are the only options?  Submit to the system or home school?   Every wonder why we are so far behind the rest of the world with regard to education?  This is likely a big reason.  

Sounds like you want direct control to me.  We're behind the rest of the world for a lot of reasons.  Laziness.  Morons.  Poverty.  There's a variety of reasons.  But bringing local control of education into the mix because whiners are worried about "critical race theory" is only going to make it worse.  If you don't want your kids leaning about slave ships in public schools, then home school or choose a private school that employs a program that you like. Bottom line. 

20 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Maybe you should make a video.  Share your knowledge with the masses.  This is the Information Age, after all. 

I regularly speak on the subject of school safety and I’ve designed/installed hundreds (maybe thousands) of cameras in public schools. You may want to come on here and bloviate as if you’re an expert in everything because you have an opinion, but occasionally you’re going to bump into someone on here who actually is. Instead of pushing back with childish demands for a ‘video’ of my credentials, maybe you should simmer down and try to learn something. Just sayin’

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I regularly speak on the subject of school safety and I’ve designed/installed hundreds (maybe thousands) of cameras in public schools. You may want to come on here and bloviate as if you’re an expert in everything because you have an opinion, but occasionally you’re going to bump into someone on here who actually is. Instead of pushing back with childish demands for a ‘video’ of my credentials, maybe you should simmer down and try to learn something. Just sayin’

I still want the video.  I’m eager to learn.  I always enjoy playing ask the expert.  And, FYI, school safety is different from placing cameras on teachers—the point to which you alluded earlier. 

35 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Sounds like you want direct control to me.  We're behind the rest of the world for a lot of reasons.  Laziness.  Morons.  Poverty.  There's a variety of reasons.  But bringing local control of education into the mix because whiners are worried about "critical race theory" is only going to make it worse.  If you don't want your kids leaning about slave ships in public schools, then home school or choose a private school that employs a program that you like. Bottom line. 

If it seems like I want direct control you have reading comprehension issues.  So we’re behind the rest of the world due to laziness and morons I agree.  That’s why I feel more oversight of the system will weed out laziness and morons in the profession. And if you’re talking about the students beind lazy morons some of that blame lies at home and some of that lies with the school system.  And we’re behind due to poverty?  POVERY??  Good lord man.  Explain that one. 

And if you think this is only about CRT I don’t think you’re very smart. And if you think CRT is about slave ships I KNOW you’re not very smart. 

7 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

I still want the video.  I’m eager to learn.  I always enjoy playing ask the expert.  And, FYI, school safety is different from placing cameras on teachers—the point to which you alluded earlier. 

Wrong. Nobody is advocating for placing cameras on teachers! Sheeesh dude. They’re advocating for placing cameras in CLASSROOMS! Which is happening, mostly for safety of both teachers and students, just like it is for police officers. It doesn’t mean that someone is going to be watching/supervising in real time. But we have the technology now and the camera systems are not all that expensive. Does that help?

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

Wrong. Nobody is advocating for placing cameras on teachers! Sheeesh dude. They’re advocating for placing cameras in CLASSROOMS! Which is happening, mostly for safety of both teachers and students, just like it is for police officers. It doesn’t mean that someone is going to be watching/supervising in real time. But we have the technology now and the camera systems are not all that expensive. Does that help?

Cameras in the classroom is antithetical to the concept of tenure for teachers.  So you’re talking about a major systemic disruption.   Maybe that’s what you want; if so, we just disagree there.  

Just now, SectionC3 said:

Cameras in the classroom is antithetical to the concept of tenure for teachers.  So you’re talking about a major systemic disruption.   Maybe that’s what you want; if so, we just disagree there.  

Dude…I don’t “want” anything. I’m just trying to explain what’s happening. You can do whatever you want with the information. 

4 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

If it seems like I want direct control you have reading comprehension issues.  So we’re behind the rest of the world due to laziness and morons I agree.  That’s why I feel more oversight of the system will weed out laziness and morons in the profession. And if you’re talking about the students beind lazy morons some of that blame lies at home and some of that lies with the school system.  And we’re behind due to poverty?  POVERY??  Good lord man.  Explain that one. 

And if you think this is only about CRT I don’t think you’re very smart. And if you think CRT is about slave ships I KNOW you’re not very smart. 

So you want local control, but not direct control?  Maybe all of the concern about stranger danger is clouding your mind.  

1 hour ago, SectionC3 said:

So you believe a teacher who has received tenure should be able to whatever they want in their classroom? Your point is not a good reason not to have cameras.

14 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

So you believe a teacher who has received tenure should be able to whatever they want in their classroom? Your point is not a good reason not to have cameras.

Accountability is a dirty word in the public school system.  As a matter of fact it’s a dirty word in the whole public sector.