Who is the next Wyatt Teller

• I think many ruled AJ Epenesa out too early. I thought he showed promise later in the year. Combined with Boogie and Rousseau, I think the Bills have a bright future at DE.

• Devin Singletary. I think he is a good back, not a great one. Don’t mistake him for being a back to back 1,000 rusher, but he is a key rotational player who can play a solid role for us.

• *Darryl Johnson* I think this is more in tune with what you’re asking. Former 7th RD pick, I think he has potential as a decent backup quality DE in the NFL. May not be a star, but could be a cap causality because of the veteran depth in front of him. Personally, I’d cut the old farts and let the young guys play.

• Dawson Knox. I do not think he has elite potential, but I do think he can be a good player if it all comes together for him. Could see him as a 45-60 catch guy with 450-600 yds a year. Pretty much what Charles Clay could have been for us had he stayed healthy.

• Marquez Stevenson. I love the idea of him sitting behind McKenzie for a year. Explosive speed, could be a decent piece for us down the line.

• Ryan Bates, C/G. He got no love coming into the league, went undrafted, I think. Honestly, when I saw him play last year, I thought this guy could be a quality starter. I like him more than Ford. He has stud potential.

• Ike Boettger, OG. Like Bates, I like him more than Ford. I view him as a very good backup, but obviously not a guy you’d want starting for you. If the money is right and he wants to stay here as depth, I hope he sticks around.

• Tommy Sweeney, TE. Loved him coming out of Boston College. I loved him not because I think he’d be an All Pro but because of the value of where he was drafted. He’s a #2 TE. No future as a #1, but what he lacks athletically, he makes up for it with size and hands. Seems like a quality run blocker as well.

• AJ Klein. He’s better than you think. We could do a whole lots worse. He’s a solid starting LB at a palatable price. 

• Justin Zimmer. He’s probably done here. More of a 3T, we have plenty of those. I do think he’s a good player.

On 5/27/2021 at 8:25 AM, OnTheRocks said:

Who do you see on the current roster that the Bills might give up on that has the potential to become a Pro Bowler?

(and I know the Bills didn't necessarily "give up" on Teller, but they gave away a future pro bowler on the cheap).

There’s a bit of revisionist history with Teller.  When traded him, he couldn’t come close to beating out Quentin Spain.