How many people would be libertarian if you believed they could win?

Your position on the libertarian party?   

14 members have voted

1. 1. Your position on the libertarian party?

• The general idea of personal freedom, individual rights and less government intrusion is good
    • I want the federal government to have more power
    • I agree with the republicans social ideology
    • I’m a hard core Republican, they represent me
    • I’m a hard core Democrat, they represent me

Just now, Tiberius said:

Get rid of food safety! Libertarians have a winning issue to run on! 

How about work place safety? Get rid of it! 

food ‘safety’, lol. The typical “FDA approved” Americans diet is one of the the unhealthiest in the world. The FDA is a corrupt bloated bureaucracy influenced by corporations to rubber stamp whatever  they buy into our food chain. Blow it up and start over. 

defund the corrupt FDA

Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

food ‘safety’, lol. The typical “FDA approved” Americans diet is one of the the unhealthiest in the world. The FDA is a corrupt bloated bureaucracy influenced by corporations to rubber stamp whatever  they buy into our food chain. Blow it up and start over. 

defund the corrupt FDA

Get rid of it! 

EPA, too?? 

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Get rid of it! 

EPA, too?? 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/opioid-epidemic-did-the-fda-ignite-the-crisis-60-minutes/

They have a lot of blood on their hands. FDA is says enjoy that fentanyl! Enjoy! 

EPA has been around a lot time. So I presume the climate change situation is getting better? 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

3 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/opioid-epidemic-did-the-fda-ignite-the-crisis-60-minutes/

They have a lot of blood on their hands. FDA is says enjoy that fentanyl! Enjoy! 

EPA has been around a lot time. So I presume the climate change situation is getting better? 

I wish Republicans would run on gutting all these programs that keep us safe, but they won't. Neither will the Libertarians 

Americans like big government 

10 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I wish Republicans would run on gutting all these programs that keep us safe, but they won't. Neither will the Libertarians 

Americans like big government 

Most Americans don’t don’t like big government and especially if those paying for it had a bigger voice, politicians like big government in addition to a handful of leaches and sheep... 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Most Americans don’t don’t like big government and especially if those paying for it had a bigger voice, politicians like big government. 

Sure they don't, that's why voters are screaming to end medicare, the FDA, VA, EPA and Federal Reserve

Oh wait, no they aren't! 

4 hours ago, Governor said:

Pat Buchanan was a libertarian. He was Trump before Trump. He was also a racist.

The DNC is racist.  Slavery, Jim Crow, segregation, abortion,"affirmative" action. All pushed or invented by dems. MLK rolling over in his grave.

15 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Sure they don't, that's why voters are screaming to end medicare, the FDA, VA, EPA and Federal Reserve

Oh wait, no they aren't! 

Sure there are some people like you need a federal government to be your mommy and tell you how to live every facet of your life, but that’s not the opinion of most. 

Voters have never had a real choice to reduce the size and scope of government because the two parties control all the money hence the choices And neither party genuinely has interest in reforming the corruption. 

15 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Sure there are some people like you need a federal government to be your mommy and tell you how to live every facet of your life, but that’s not the opinion of most. 

Voters have never had a real choice to reduce the size and scope of government because the two parties control all the money hence the choices And neither party genuinely has interest in reforming the corruption. 

Most people like big government. All those red state seniors on medicare love it, but they still complain because that's what they do. 

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

They’d love it a lot more if the billions in corruption and fraud went to the beneficiaries instead 

Sure, but people are willing to have some waste as long as the program delivers. People would also like less gun violence, but what ya gonna do? 

24 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Most people like big government. All those red state seniors on medicare love it, but they still complain because that's what they do. 

Most people with their hands out like big government.

If you support yourself and take care of your family why on earth 

would you want big government?

lol @ you

Edited by Unforgiven
  • Agree 2

9 hours ago, Tiberius said:

This is why Democrats rarely lose power once they obtain it, they will punish you if they lose. Medicare is needed because my parents and all of the people who have worked for the past 50 years of his life has paid into it instead of being able to save it or put it into a long term care plan. You simply made it so getting rid of it would mean people would forfeit literally hundred of thousands of dollars to a government agency. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

This is why Democrats rarely lose power once they obtain it, they will punish you if they lose. Medicare is needed because my parents and all of the people who have worked for the past 50 years of his life has paid into it instead of being able to save it or put it into a long term care plan. You simply made it so getting rid of it would mean people would forfeit literally hundred of thousands of dollars to a government agency. 

It’s the only game in town.  Zero competition, zero need to run a balance sheet, effectively people are captive to the system. Yet still, with a costumer base at 100% penetration of eligible candidates  for 5.5 decades, the system is broken badly.  

https://www.actuary.org/node/13535

This report concludes the Hospital Trust fund will be depleted by 2026, absent bold action, yet as bad as that is, the author goes on to suggest this projection might be overly optimistic.  

To put it in perspective, Medicare born in 1965, is unlikely to live long enough to participate in itself absent massive life sustaining intervention.  

9 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Ya right. Most people would simply have no health care if the government didn't guide them by the hands to it. 

BTW, your parents take more out than they ever put in. 

18 hours ago, Unforgiven said:

Most people with their hands out like big government.

If you support yourself and take care of your family why on earth 

would you want big government?

lol @ you

LOL, you were probably the first in line screaming to invade Iraq to save us from the WMD. Protect us George Bush, protect us!

I know, you wouldn't admit that. But its true 

17 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Ya right. Most people would simply have no health care if the government didn't guide them by the hands to it. 

BTW, your parents take more out than they ever put in. 

You believe that most people would not have health care without the government stepping in? The sad part is you are serious, most people would have a different version of healthcare but 90% of people would still take care of themselves. 

Secondly your math sucks- as usual. The only way my parents will even get back more from the government in healthcare costs is if my parents at some point need long term care. Of course you probably count all the layers of government employees as part of their healthcare.

20 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

You believe that most people would not have health care without the government stepping in? The sad part is you are serious, most people would have a different version of healthcare but 90% of people would still take care of themselves. 

Secondly your math sucks- as usual. The only way my parents will even get back more from the government in healthcare costs is if my parents at some point need long term care. Of course you probably count all the layers of government employees as part of their healthcare.

Just look at poverty rates for the elderly before Medicare. Most old people lived poor lives and many just went out health care. The Federal Government has dramatically improved the lives of the elderly. That's what you are complaining about. 

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Just look at poverty rates for the elderly before Medicare. Most old people lived poor lives and many just went out health care. The Federal Government has dramatically improved the lives of the elderly. That's what you are complaining about. 

Are you intentionally using pointless economic points? The poverty rate is based on my income, when you retire your income drops dramatically, often times to the point you are legally impoverished. My parents have likely been part of that rate since they retired in 2006 but they have always had a nice house and money to have a nice life. Also you are comparing being 70 in 1965 vs today, which are very different, but the funniest part is you are giving the Federal government credit for the improvement in Americans lives that would have happened without them.  

8 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Are you intentionally using pointless economic points? The poverty rate is based on my income, when you retire your income drops dramatically, often times to the point you are legally impoverished. My parents have likely been part of that rate since they retired in 2006 but they have always had a nice house and money to have a nice life. Also you are comparing being 70 in 1965 vs today, which are very different, but the funniest part is you are giving the Federal government credit for the improvement in Americans lives that would have happened without them.  

Most elderly lived in poverty until the Great Society improved their lives significantly 

Ya Great Society!