How Sweet Elton to marry David

millbank

Elton John has announced plans to marry his partner of 11 years, David Furnish, before Christmas — not long after same-sex civil partnerships become legal in England.

John told England's Daily Mirror newspaper that he will skip the honeymoon because he'll be on tour, but that he's very excited to marry.

"We definitely want to do it about the middle of December," John, 58, told the paper. "Meeting David has been the greatest thing to happen to me."

Elton and David

Leaving aside Elton's personal life, my brother saw his concert in Orlando last month and said he put on one of the best shows ever (3+ hours, his voice was great, he had a lot of dialog with the croud, etc.).

If you can deal with the "Captain Fantastik" dimension, you've got to give him props for making some great music, once upon a time.

Leaving aside Elton's personal life, my brother saw his concert in Orlando last month and said he put on one of the best shows ever  (3+ hours, his voice was great, he had a lot of dialog with the croud, etc.). 

If you can deal with the "Captain Fantastik" dimension, you've got to give him props for making some great music, once upon a time.

318278[/snapback]

Well stated. I agree

Leaving aside Elton's personal life, my brother saw his concert in Orlando last month and said he put on one of the best shows ever  (3+ hours, his voice was great, he had a lot of dialog with the croud, etc.). 

318278[/snapback]

I saw him at then called Rich Stadium back in like 1976. I was not interested in going, but a friend had an extra ticket and beeged me to go. I finally said ahight.

It was one of the best shows I've ever seen. It was a rainy summer day, and he kept dumping water on himself to be as wet as we were. I too was simply amazed at the contniuous line of hits one after another, and that was nearly 30 years ago!

I only own his oldest work, Madman Across the Water, etc., but the sheer number of hits he has recorded is just impressive as hell.

As for their getting married, good for them! Why shouldn't they be able to be who they are without the moral minority trying to impose their view of morality. As for the expense of divorce, I'm sure Elton can afford a lawyer to draw a pre-nup that will minimize that expense.

I saw him live once at Kleinhans Music Hall in Buffalo a long long time ago when he only had 1 or 2 LPs. He was the warm up act for a jazz group called Mark Almond. Elton played a piano and sang and he was only with his drummer Nigel Somebody. Not Tufnel, that was Spinal Tap. I remember being a fan until he put out the LP Yellow Brick Road. That was too Top 40 for me.

Same sex marriage. I'm only for it if both chicks are hot. Otherwise, forget it.

I saw him at then called Rich Stadium back in like 1976.  I was not interested in going, but a friend had an extra ticket and beeged me to go.  I finally said ahight.

It was one of the best shows I've ever seen.  It was a rainy summer day, and he kept dumping water on himself to be as wet as we were.  I too was simply amazed at the contniuous line of hits one after another, and that was nearly 30 years ago!

318321[/snapback]

I was there, too! <_<