Vernon Butler takes pay cut

18 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

On WGR a guest from Cover1 said they learned the salaries were being fully guaranteed next year only in exchange for the pay cuts. Said they are roster locks next year but it doesn't kick the can down the road like a restructure would or affect anything after this year.

Honestly kind of genius by Beane with the market flooded with players this year and cap numbers so low...players are told we will guarantee you at this number which is still likely higher than what they could get if they were cut this year on the open market.

By "next year" here, does he mean 2021, which some would call "this year"?  Because Butler is not under contract next year.

5 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I just posted in another thread that as of now Spotrac shows the pay cuts for Addison and Butler without any increase in guarantees.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/cap/

It doesn't show the increase for Morse either, nor does Overthecap in the salary breakdown table, but it's a line item there in the description.

I expect there are guarantees, it will just take a while for the correct info to get confirmed and added.

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

By "next year" here, does he mean 2021, which some would call "this year"?  Because Butler is not under contract next year.

It doesn't show the increase for Morse either, nor does Overthecap in the salary breakdown table, but it's a line item there in the description.

I expect there are guarantees, it will just take a while for the correct info to get confirmed and added.

Yes...the upcoming season. Technically the new league year hasn't started yet.