Dear TD bashers

Why would you possibly want Donohoe to have traded Travis last year for a top pick when he could have, or trade him for a 4th - 5th rounder this past weekend, or trade him for anything he can get in the future? Please tell me why you would be happy with this? The player he is going to draft for TH will be just as stupid, we won't need, will not be Jonathan Ogden, will have no chance to make it in the NFL and is destined to be a bust anyway, making our team even worse than it is now. Right?

This played out pretty much as TD said it would. He and the brass put a value and a worth as they see it on Henry, and wanted something of equal value for him. No one came close to it, for the myriad of reasons already discussed, and now he's our back-up this year until someone makes an offer for what he is worth. Nothing really has changed.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would you possibly want Donohoe to have traded Travis last year for a top pick when he could have, or trade him for a 4th - 5th rounder this past weekend, or trade him for anything he can get in the future? Please tell me why you would be happy with this? The player he is going to draft for TH will be just as stupid, we won't need, will not be Jonathan Ogden, will have no chance to make it in the NFL and is destined to be a bust anyway, making our team even worse than it is now. Right?

This played out pretty much as TD said it would. He and the brass put a value and a worth as they see it on Henry, and wanted something of equal value for him. No one came close to it, for the myriad of reasons already discussed, and now he's our back-up this year until someone makes an offer for what he is worth. Nothing really has changed.

317891[/snapback]

Henry is dead to me. The most overblown topic on this board.

Travis " Dead Horse " Henry.

317891[/snapback]

I haven't been bashing TD at all. I respect him for sticking to his guns. However, I do disagree with you.

I was hoping we'd trade Travis to the Eagles for a 4th this year and a 4th next year. I thought that would be fair. There were a lot of guys in the 4th that were Blue Chippers:

Kyle Orton, QB Purdue (would have made an awesome insurance policy/backup)

Stefan LeFors, QB Louisville

Adrian McPherson, QB Florida State

Darren Sproles, RB Kansas State

Ciatrick Fason, RB Florida

Marion Barber III, RB Minnesota

Antonio Perkins, CB Oklahoma

Chris Canty, DE Virginia

Claiming that whomever we would have drafted with a 4th or a 5th is destined to be a bust is ignorrant. Try telling that to Terrence McGee......

I haven't been bashing TD at all. I respect him for sticking to his guns. However, I do disagree with you.

I was hoping we'd trade Travis to the Eagles for a 4th this year and a 4th next year. I thought that would be fair. There were a lot of guys in the 4th that were Blue Chippers:

Chris Canty, DE Virginia

Claiming that whomever we would have drafted with a 4th or a 5th is destined to be a bust is ignorrant. Try telling that to Terrence McGee......

317904[/snapback]

I agree with you. I was just saying, sarcastically, that most of the TD bashers don't like anything he does no matter what, so even if he made a great trade, or stupid trade, they would hate the guy he drafted anyway and still complain.

The TD bashers are people that only understand instant gratification- something that usually hurts you long term, but these people dont understand what the words LONG TERM mean!!! Hopefully they apply to Donahoe's stay w/the Bills!!!

I agree with you. I was just saying, sarcastically, that most of the TD bashers don't like anything he does no matter what, so even if he made a great trade, or stupid trade, they would hate the guy he drafted anyway and still complain.

317908[/snapback]

Oh..... well, uh ;)

Don't I feel stupid....

Chris Canty, DE Virginia

317904[/snapback]

Two thoughts while reading your post. First, as of right now, it seems that Phila wouldn't be willing to give that up for Travis, and second, while there are some gems to come out of the later rounds, you know as well as I do that the odds of doing so are mighty slim.

So we still have Travis. We didn't trade an inexpensive pro bowl back-up to get a later round pick in what most agree was the weakest draft in quite some time. I'm cool with that.

317908[/snapback]

That was never more evident than this weekend, when several posters went into major troll mode.

Balanced discourse is the objective here. Criticism is always allowed. Single topic search and destroy missions, without any objectivity or reasoning, usually spells a short shelf life at TSW.

Chris Canty, DE Virginia

317904[/snapback]

Oh, Terrance McGee is a too a bust! He's just not very good at it though ;)

So trade a former probowl rb who knows the system for a 4th round rookie rb? I cant even comment on the rookie QB thing. Insurance for what? We signed Holcomb. We resigned Matthews. When have a young guy doing pretty well in NFL Europe. You want to trade Henry for a 4th round rookie QB?!? Brutal post dude, brutal.

The TD bashers are people that only understand instant gratification- something that usually hurts you long term, but these people dont understand what the words LONG TERM mean!!! Hopefully they apply to Donahoe's stay w/the Bills!!!

317915[/snapback]

Oh, silly Adam. Four years without playoffs, that's what I call long term. And that's also why I'm a proud Donahoe basher. The botched Henry trade is just a drop in the bucket.

317891[/snapback]

Aren't you the dog that posted that we would get a first or second rounder for Henry?

So trade a former probowl rb who knows the system for a 4th round rookie rb? I cant even comment on the rookie QB thing. Insurance for what? We signed Holcomb. We resigned Matthews. When have a young guy doing pretty well in NFL Europe. You want to trade Henry for a 4th round rookie QB?!? Brutal post dude, brutal.

317930[/snapback]

Yes, we signed Holcomb. But for only 2 years and i'd be surprised if he stayed that long before he was at least given a chance to start for another team. Shane Matthews? He's been in and out of retirement for years and he's only a year or two younger than Brett Favre. I don't even expect him to be on the roster for the opener.

Kyle Orton is a guy who should have been gone in the 2nd round. He would be a steal in the 4th as J.P.'s answer to AVP. God forbid J.P. not work out, we have another stud young guy back there.

The trade I proposed wasn't Travis for Kyle Orton. It's Travis for TWO fourths. Kyle Orton was just the best available going into Round 4 and who knows what we'd get out of the other 4th.

Right about now we'd be lucky to get a bag of dog dung for Travis. So what's so brutal about the post?!

317930[/snapback]

We would be lost going into spring mini camps if our backup running back did not know "THE SYSTEM" wouldn't we? ;)

Holcomb signed a 4 year contract with the Bills. ;)

317980[/snapback]

My mistake then.

But the bottom line is, do you think Kelly Holcomb in the prime of his career is going to want to sit behind a younger, franchise QB for very long while other teams that are tranitioning at their QB position would jump at the chance to sign him for a starter?

My mistake then.

But the bottom line is, do you think Kelly Holcomb in the prime of his career is going to want to sit behind a younger, franchise QB for very long?

317988[/snapback]

I don't know him, but I do know that he said he was cool with it. That's good enough for me.