Biden's follies

"Unlike other presidents, Biden is not an avid reader of books, consumer of pop culture or follower of professional sports."

"Aides and friends say he is likely to hear about sports scores from his wife, an enthusiastic fan of Philadelphia’s teams, rather than by watching a game himself. That makes personal conversation one of his only unofficial sources of information. 'Biden is not a recreational reader,' said Ron Klain, Biden’s former chief of staff. 'He’s a voracious reader of briefings.'"

From "The private chats and chance encounters that shape Joe Biden’s thinking/After conversations with his grandchildren, fellow churchgoers and Delaware neighbors, the president brings their worries to the Oval Office" (WaPo).

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2024/03/01/how-biden-leads-gets-information/

Imagine how this article would be written if it were a Republican President who didn't read books and confined himself to official briefings.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Imagine how this article would be written if it were a Republican President who didn't read books and confined himself to official briefings.

Here’s what would be repeated ad nauseam:

“he lacks gravitas”

I’m sure this is completely lost on the board youngsters. Probably setting myself for a clever use of “boomer” from L Ron Einstein with that comment. So be it. 

• Like (+1) 2

Public rejects Biden’s pleas, buys more guns.

The nation’s gun-buying binge remained robust last month amid the Biden administration’s latest plans to cut sales and intimidate customers.

The FBI said it conducted 2,336,390 checks through its National Instant Criminal Background Check System. The National Shooting Sports Foundation, the industry trade group, said that included an estimated 1,343,478 specifically for gun sales.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/2902992/public-rejects-bidens-pleas-buys-more-guns/#google_vignette

I mean, just look around.

• Thank you (+1) 1