[Cuts or trades etc.] With recent talk of "trimming the fat"....

10 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Have you done your deep dive into Moore or Bateman yet?  

watching moore, I don’t see the elite speed that I continue to hear people rave about.  

looks like Bateman, while doesn’t have elite speed, has decent size and will probably run in the 4.4s, which I plenty fast enough as he’s adept at ball tracking from what I’ve seen

I haven't on Moore. Have on Bateman. I have a 2nd round grade on him. Physical, good release, good hands. I think he is more of a long strider than a speed guy. I expect he will run low 4.5s but where I think he is deficient is in those quick cuts and changes of direction. I actually saw Robert Woods when I watched him (although he hasn't demonstrated he can block like Woods) and I think that is likely the kind of comp I have for his NFL career too. A really good, solid, upper end #2 receiver. Wouldn't hate the Bills going that direction but personally I think if they are moving off Brown a real speed guy would be more the way I'd go.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I haven't on Moore. Have on Bateman. I have a 2nd round grade on him. Physical, good release, good hands. I think he is more of a long strider than a speed guy. I expect he will run low 4.5s but where I think he is deficient is in those quick cuts and changes of direction. I actually saw Robert Woods when I watched him (although he hasn't demonstrated he can block like Woods) and I think that is likely the kind of comp I have for his NFL career too. A really good, solid, upper end #2 receiver. Wouldn't hate the Bills going that direction but personally I think if they are moving off Brown a real speed guy would be more the way I'd go.

Woods is a good comp from what I’ve seen so far. Wouldn’t necessarily be happy with him at 30, but maybe a target in a trade down a few spots.

I agree about the speed aspect.  Toney looks like a legit weapon out there and, you’re right, probably won’t be there when we pick.  

looking at the free agent WRs, there aren’t many that I think fit our team when considering their potential salaries. The only guys that might be possible are Rashard Higgins (and he’s not very fast), Breshard Perriman, who I’ve always hated due to his injury history, maybe john ross or Keenan Cole?  Ugh. 

most of the other FA WRs are projected to be over 10 mill a year, which is just too much for some of those guys.  Spotrac has Will Fuller getting almost 17 mill a year!  He’s a nice player but last season was his first year with over 670 yards and 7 tds.  Dude is ALWAYS hurt.  Considering the options, I just don’t think we’ll be investing in a FA WR.  Restructure Smoke, or draft one if we let him go. Maybe sign John Ross to a prove it deal.  

We really NEED speed at RB and there seems to be decent options spread out in this draft class from Etienne in rd 1 to Pooka Williams in rd 6-7

• Like (+1) 1

A couple people wrote injury prone on Brown.  This year, sure, but in the last 6 years he only had one other season he was not eligible to play.  Now in two of those seasons he was available but played in a smaller % of games due to not a fit.

I agree with several of you a trade is highly unlikely as he would cost too much and no team knows if he is truly 100% by summer as it looks like they are considering another zoom off season from what Goodell stated the other day.  It makes sense as it will take until the summer before widely distributed vaccines.

What is most likely if his rehab goes well, he takes a pay cut on his salary, not a restructure.  If he refuses they cut him.  I like Brown, and believe it was his injuries that were much worse than we were led to believe.  If the 2019 Brown comes back and is at a discount, I’m all for that.  Taking a WR in the draft is a luxury.  Now an Edge Rusher, hopefully an explosive RB, and even more important a game changing TE.  CB would be nice, but I think between Wallace and Dane Jackson, we might have our guy.

17 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

So Toney if he is there makes sense. I suspect he is gone. 

I understand this isn't a draft thread but have seen Zavon, Basham, K Toney and Najee mentioned herein.  

Is there an opinion on JOK?   I have seen mocks where he is on the board at 30.

At WR Davis was pretty good for a rookie but speed would be nice and Brown wasn't the same when he came back this time.  The cap is going to cause some tough decisions. 

7 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

I understand this isn't a draft thread but have seen Zavon, Basham, K Toney and Najee mentioned herein.  

Is there an opinion on JOK?   I have seen mocks where he is on the board at 30.

At WR Davis was pretty good for a rookie but speed would be nice and Brown wasn't the same when he came back this time.  The cap is going to cause some tough decisions. 

I love JOK. I expect he will end up somewhere in my top 15.... I definitely have a middle of the first grade on him. If he is there at #30 (I very much doubt he is) I would sprint to the podium to take him. I think he can be a 3 down linebacker but I also think he can be that big nickel McDermott has been after. Would allow the Bills to keep 3 linebackers on the field on 3rd down if they wanted to because JOK can cover.