TG Article Bills from 1988 team comment on our team after last night's loss

Reed83HOF

https://theathletic.com/2344704/2021/01/25/buffalo-bills-chiefs-afc-championship-game-1988/

“When we beat the Jets to clinch,” Wolford said, “we celebrated like none other because it hadn’t been done in a while. To win the division, especially to dominate the way we did, the letdown was on. “Because it was our first time, we thought, ‘If we don’t get home-field advantage, then it won’t be that big of a deal.’ We learned that lesson, no doubt.”

“Now you just have to continue to add a piece or two while you maintain the same type of hunger and attitude,” Talley said. “The leadership must hold everyone accountable as they have so far. “They need to remember that feeling from when they were not being satisfied. I can’t see them feeling satisfied with how that went. We pissed up in the air and it fell in our face.”

“Buffalo is missing a good ground attack,” Bennett said. “I can’t say the kids they have aren’t capable, but the evolution of the game has gotten away from a vital part of offense, and I think a running game would have helped Buffalo yesterday.”

“I think they’re going to be great next year, too,” Ritcher said. “They’re going to have another shot at this championship. They have all the right pieces. They have a great coach, a great quarterback and they really pull together.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, dave mcbride said:

A fact: In the postseason, Allen is 0-2 on the road, and 2-0 at home. McDermott is 0-3 and 2-0. 

While I was at work, I listened to WGR a lot today. Eric Wood mentioned this in 2 separate interviews, the crowd impacted them a whole lot. He said the Tackles usually have a hard time with the silent count, they have a hard time looking at the ball and looking at the guys across from them. He noticed they were slow off the ball because of this and thinks it was magnified even more this season due to the lack of fans in the stands and having very little noise all year long. He said Josh and the offense as a whole was not ready for that....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

“They need to remember that feeling from when they were not being satisfied. I can’t see them feeling satisfied with how that went. We pissed up in the air and it fell in our face.”

Gents... Talley is right per usual. There is no better description of what happened last night... FACT!

• Haha (+1) 1

He is right.  Our embarrassing lack of a run attack pretty much ended the game before it started. No one on the KC defense had to respect or even respond to it. This rendered the play action worthless. Daboll made no effort all year to correct this. Just pass or run Josh. It's all on you.