Keep your head up and stay hungry, Josh

Simon

32 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Agreed. I'd rather sign him than Milano

Damn! That IS a tough call! They’re BOTH essential, imo. We’ll shed a few large contracts this offseason and there’s genuine hope for a larger that expected cap. The notice that the Bills intend to give Josh ‘Mahome$ $$’ soon is strange as it’s an absolute given -by us and any & every team, should he become a FA. We have 2 years yet to accomplish this and pressing needs like these must be addressed right after the season ends. Both Milano & Winters are very important players for continued success, imo.

I think there is a lot of overreaction about that play.  First, it wasn't a bad decision to not throw the ball away - he had no option to do that.  You could fault him for not going down immediately, but if he turtled like Brady every time there were guys on him he wouldn't be one of the top QBs in the conversation for MVP and the Bills wouldn't be in the playoffs. 

Sure it sucks he fumbled, but good/great QBs get strip sacked every week in the NFL.  There aren't media guys posting on Twitter singling out that one play from an overall great performance when other guys do it.

There was a good discussion in the post game thread.  People simply need to let go of the "bad Josh" narrative dissecting even a single play from a great performance.  Its time to move on and just accept that negative plays happen for all players.  When it happens for Josh it doesn't mean there's some jeckle/hyde flaw he still needs to overcome. I don't know how anyone could have watched him this season and not think that has been put to rest.

1 hour ago, Aussie Joe said:

And put them together and you get a good,  not great game which was my original point that someone objected with and I responded to..

Agree to disagree.  I think you’re holding him to a higher standard.  He had a great game imo.