Screw the “Negative”, Screw the “Positive”!!

DeeRay

At the end of the season what it all comes down to is two teams fighting for one crown.

I know that many of you Donahoe Koolaid drinkers think that the Bills are going to be there. Oh, really. Well, I got news for you…If you think this 9-7 team that got exposed vs. PITT at home are going to be better than last season…. You’re in denial or you’ve had one too many Donahoe cocktails.

Lets talk the AFC East… after all, the road to the playoffs begins or ends right there… If you’re not in the sweepstakes for the division crown, you’re can’t even think beyond that.

So what it comes down to is can the Bills win the division, and if not, how many “Ws” will it take to get a wild card invitation.

Anyone think New England will slip a notch or two? OK, let’s say they do. Dropping down to from 14 wins to a 12 win team in the division ain’t too bad is it? I’d take that. And those of you that think because of the Charlie Weiss and Romeo Crennel exits the Pats are going in the tank, think again. Belicheck has absolutely no life outside of football. He eats, drinks, and sleeps football 24/7 and there ain’t anyone out there that will out work him. He’s figured out how to get 53 guys to play together regardless of their talents & skills. If any of you remember the bills SB teams… well, no matter how depleted they got in the mid 90’s, because they knew what it took to win, they were always in the thick of things until the team core just got too old and they addressed it too late.

Now the Jets. Anyone think they took a step back? Well, if you do, then you must have been living on Mars over the past few months. At worst, they will match there last year’s

Record. Herm Edwards has consistently has improved the Jets… and with Coles, Jolly, and Nugent, a team with a solid “O” line and solid “D”, just got better… last year’s 10 win team is a cinch to win 11 games.

How about the Fins… Well, remember this name, “Hudson Hauck”. Yeah, this is the dude that put the Chargers O line back together in two seasons… and he did it with scrubs… not real high draft picks, nor big name free agents… and he’s going to take the Fins youngsters and do the same. Fins have very good WRs and a pretty good TE. Now they have at least a RB that make them credible and legitimate. Their QB, Feely, ain’t that bad… and with the new regime and a better performing O line, their offense has to be considerably better than a year ago. Their defense is stellar, and with the additions, even minus Surtain, they still have a top 8 defense. Let’s not forget that Saban was Belichick’s defensive coordinator when Belechick was the Browns HC. Clearly, though… the improvements and additions which the Dolphins made this offseason are much more so than did the bills.

Now the Bills. Let’s talk the 2nd rated defense in the league last season. Is the loss of Pat Williams a big deal? Well, no, if you replace him with some +/> than him. The Bills didn’t and in doing so, just negated Sam Adams effectiveness. Sam cannot play well unless he has an upper echelon DT next to him. Otherwise he can be easily controlled. Let’s not forget this #2 defense, when pitted against > than .500 teams, got killed. The Jets game at home was the only> that the bills managed to beat…. And let’s not forget, as mentioned above, how PITT exposed the truth. Their D is a top 10er, bur without the heavyweights in the middle, they can be had. The Bills “O” is better simply by the subtraction of Bledsoe. But, the offensive line is a still an issue. At best, the bills have only solidified LG, RG, and RT. Center and LT…. The two most important components of any offensive line are problem areas. LT is a huge problem and Teague is barely adequate at center. If he’s surrounded by upper echelon O linemen, he’s OK. Without that, he sucks. No problem with WR/RB. Tight end? Big problem… Bills top two TEs go down in December with torn ACLs… No way either one is where they were performance wise before this December… and Kevin Everett is not going to be a player for at least a year or two. QB… well the trio of Losman, Holcomb, and Matthews can best be described as “brittle”. None have been able to sty healthy a full season of playing. Losman… maybe he gets a mulligan for last season and being injured. But essentially, he’s a rookie. Well, aside from Rothlisberger, there ain’t a 1st year QB in recent memory that took his team to the playoffs, let alone the promised land. SO, anyone think lighning will strike twice two years in a row?

So the way I see it, the jets and Pats are flying at 30K feet. The Bills and Fins are flying at somewhere around 8K feet and are probably going to duke it out for somewhere between a7-9 and 9-7 finish.

Now, why Roscoe Parish? Of course, we all know there’s a shortage of 5-9, 170 lb. Receivers. Hell, who becomes expendable? Fast Freddie, Sam Aiken? And Don’t we already have Terrence McGee Fast Freddie and Nate Clements to return kicks and punts?

Isn’t Parish the same as Santana Moss? How many games has Moss missed due to injuries? So, how does this pick make sense?… even if Moulds costs $$$ next season, cut him and bring in a FA!!! If Parish was the only one there, trade the pick for more picks. And I still don’t see why Adam Terry didn’t get snagged…. Must be his 6’8” 330 frame exceeded their ht./wt. Criteria or they’re worried about feeding the guy.

Someone once said “be careful what you wish for”. Well, I hated to see Polian take the fall for two losing Super Bowls. But I couldn’t wait for Butler to make his exit. But having gone through the misery of the last 5 drafts with Donahoe, I’ve come to appreciate the Butler era and how good Butler really was. San Diego was in a similar situation to Buffalo 5 years ago. San Diego, under the foundation that Butler laid is a much better team than the Bills. JB didn’t out live Ralph, but somehow I think JB is smiling down on us and has gotten the last laugh. Somehow, someway Teflon Tom has been able to con a multitude of Bills fans. As merciless as Dickerson was with Butler, I wonder how Teflon Tom would fare with that kind of constant sniping that JB lived with dayin/dayout. Teflon Tom has somehow managed to get a free pass. Well, when does that run out? How many more seasons of no playoffs will it take before this ‘multitude’ finally spits out the Donahoe Koolaid?

Hey... I'm just the messenger. I'm neither negative or positive. I'm just bringing reality to the multitudes.... and the Bills improvements, if any, this offseason are not as good as the improvements the other teams in their division made.

So you're all about reality. As long as that reality jibes with your vision of it. If you want some reality try this for size. The Bills are playing in the tougher conference. If they had been in the NFC they probably would have been in the playoffs last year. And not only are they in the toughest conference they're in a tough division in that conference. So it's not going to happen overnight. It takes time to build a winner. How about giving Evans, McGahee, and Losman a couple of seasons to see what they can do. TD, for all the bull sh-- people give him, has built a core of young players that have the potential to take the Bills far.

At the end of the season what it all comes down to is two teams fighting for one crown.

I know that many of you Donahoe Koolaid drinkers think that the Bills are going to be there.  Oh, really.  Well, I got news for you…If you think this 9-7 team that got exposed vs. PITT at home are going to be better than last season…. You’re in denial or you’ve had one too many Donahoe cocktails.

Lets talk the AFC East… after all, the road to the playoffs begins or ends right there…  If you’re not in the sweepstakes for the division crown, you’re can’t even think beyond that.

So what it comes down to is can the Bills win the division, and if not, how many “Ws” will it take to get a wild card invitation.

Anyone think New England will slip a notch or two?  OK, let’s say they do.  Dropping down to from 14 wins to a 12 win team in the division ain’t too bad is it?  I’d take that.  And those of you that think because of the Charlie Weiss and Romeo Crennel exits the Pats are going in the tank, think again.  Belicheck has absolutely no life outside of football.  He eats, drinks, and sleeps football 24/7 and there ain’t anyone out there that will out work him.  He’s figured out how to get 53 guys to play together regardless of their talents & skills.  If any of you remember the bills SB teams… well, no matter how depleted they got in the mid 90’s, because they knew what it took to win, they were always in the thick of things until the team core just got too old and they addressed it too late.

Now the Jets.  Anyone think they took a step back?  Well, if you do, then you must have been living on Mars over the past few months.  At worst, they will match there last year’s

Record.  Herm Edwards has consistently has improved the Jets… and with Coles, Jolly, and Nugent, a team with a solid “O” line and solid “D”, just got better… last year’s 10 win team is a cinch to win 11 games.

How about the Fins…  Well, remember this name, “Hudson Hauck”.  Yeah, this is the dude that put the Chargers O line back together in two seasons… and he did it with scrubs… not real high draft picks, nor big name free agents… and he’s going to take the Fins youngsters and do the same.  Fins have very good WRs and a pretty good TE.  Now they have at least a RB that make them credible and legitimate.  Their QB, Feely, ain’t that bad… and with the new regime and a better performing O line, their offense has to be considerably better than a year ago.  Their defense is stellar, and with the additions, even minus Surtain, they still have a top 8 defense.  Let’s not forget that Saban was Belichick’s defensive coordinator when Belechick was the Browns HC.  Clearly, though… the improvements and additions which the Dolphins made this offseason are much more so than did the bills.

Now the Bills.  Let’s talk the 2nd rated defense in the league last season.  Is the loss of Pat Williams a big deal?  Well, no, if you replace him with some +/> than him.  The Bills didn’t and in doing so, just negated Sam Adams  effectiveness.  Sam cannot play well unless he has an upper echelon DT next to him.  Otherwise he can be easily controlled.  Let’s not forget this #2 defense, when pitted against > than .500 teams, got killed.  The Jets game at home was the only> that the bills managed to beat…. And let’s not forget, as mentioned above, how PITT exposed the truth.  Their D is a top 10er, bur without the heavyweights in the middle, they can be had.  The Bills “O” is better simply by the subtraction of Bledsoe.  But, the offensive line is a still an issue.  At best, the bills have only solidified LG, RG, and RT.  Center and LT…. The two most important components of any offensive line are  problem areas.  LT is a huge problem and Teague is barely adequate at center.  If he’s surrounded by upper echelon O linemen, he’s OK.  Without that, he sucks.  No problem with WR/RB. Tight end? Big problem… Bills top two TEs go down in December with torn ACLs… No way either one is where they were performance wise before this December… and Kevin Everett is not going to be a player for at least a year or two. QB… well the trio of Losman, Holcomb, and Matthews can best be described as “brittle”.  None have been able to sty healthy a full season of playing.  Losman… maybe he gets a mulligan for last season and being injured.  But essentially, he’s a rookie.  Well, aside from Rothlisberger, there ain’t a 1st year QB in recent memory that took his team to the playoffs, let alone the promised land.  SO, anyone think lighning will strike twice two years in a row? 

So the way I see it, the jets and Pats are flying at 30K feet.  The Bills and Fins are flying at somewhere around 8K feet and are probably going to duke it out for somewhere between a7-9 and 9-7 finish.

Now, why Roscoe Parish?  Of course, we all know there’s a shortage of 5-9, 170 lb. Receivers.  Hell, who becomes expendable?  Fast Freddie, Sam Aiken?  And Don’t we already have Terrence McGee Fast Freddie and Nate Clements to return kicks and punts?

Isn’t Parish the same as Santana Moss?  How many games has Moss missed due to injuries?  So, how does this pick make sense?… even if Moulds costs $$$ next season, cut him and bring in a FA!!!  If Parish was the only one there, trade the pick for more picks. And I still don’t see why Adam Terry didn’t get snagged…. Must be his 6’8” 330 frame exceeded their ht./wt. Criteria or they’re worried about feeding the guy. 

Someone once said “be careful what you wish for”.  Well, I hated to see Polian take the fall for two losing Super Bowls.  But I couldn’t wait for Butler to make his exit.  But having gone through the misery of the last 5 drafts with Donahoe, I’ve come to appreciate the Butler era and how good Butler really was.  San Diego was in a similar situation to Buffalo 5 years ago.  San Diego, under the foundation that Butler laid is a much better team than the Bills.  JB didn’t out live Ralph, but somehow I think JB is smiling down on us and has gotten the last laugh.  Somehow, someway Teflon Tom has been able to con a multitude of Bills fans.  As merciless as Dickerson was with Butler, I wonder how Teflon Tom would fare with that kind of constant sniping that JB lived with dayin/dayout.  Teflon Tom has somehow managed to get a free pass.  Well, when does that run out?  How many more seasons of no playoffs will it take before this ‘multitude’ finally spits out the Donahoe Koolaid?

Hey... I'm just the messenger.  I'm neither negative or positive.  I'm just bringing reality to the multitudes.... and the Bills improvements, if any, this offseason are not as good as the improvements the other teams in their division made.

316082[/snapback]

I read your definition of 'reality' as 'negativity'.

McGahee, and Losman a couple of seasons to see what they can do. TD, for all the bull sh-- people give him, has built a core of young players that have the potential to take the Bills far.

So, if I'm doing my math correctly, you're giving Teflon Tom 7 seasons to right this ship?

In two years when Clements, Moulds, Fletcher, Mike Williams, Lawyer Milloy, Troy Vincent, and Terrence McGee are gone, what will you say then? Will Teflon Tom need another couple more seasons? How many mulligans do you hand out to Teflon Tom? Is it relative to the number of Donahoe Cocktails you drink?

Dee Ray, do you have season tickets somewhere in the lower bowl between the 35's? If so, can i have your tickets since we are destined for an 0-16 season?

I hear your opinion, and it is as easy to make as are opinions that are the complete opposite. Truth be told, we don't know what is going on inside OBD right now. While i don't think McNally is the savior of our OLine that most do, i do believe he knows who can be a competent OLineman in this league. For all we know, Peters could be the biggest steal of last years draft and could be a stellar LT, we dont know until training camp and maybe even preseason. And there is such a thing as addition by subtraction. I am a Bledsoe fan, and always will be, but i am glad he is not our QB anymore. While it is not a given, JP may be a standout. Yes, he may be a bust as well, but considering he is our QB for at least the next two-three years, might as well hop on the bandwagon and look through rose colored glasses now, because it will be the last chance you have to smile about our team until 2008.

So you're all about reality.  As long as that reality jibes with your vision of it.  If you want some reality try this for size.  The Bills are playing in the tougher conference.  If they had been in the NFC they probably would have been in the playoffs last year.  And not only are they in the toughest conference they're in a tough division in that conference.  So it's not going to happen overnight.  It takes time to build a winner.  How about giving Evans, McGahee, and Losman a couple of seasons to see what they can do.  TD, for all the bull sh-- people give him, has built a core of young players that have the potential to take the Bills far.

316107[/snapback]

Time.

5 years, 7 years, 10 years. I'm getting old.

The O-line still has issues.

We are heading into the 5 year plan apparently. TOO much time,

not enough results.

Good night now.

I know that many of you Donahoe Koolaid drinkers think that the Bills are going to be there.  Oh, really.  Well, I got news for you…If you think this 9-7 team that got exposed vs. PITT at home are going to be better than last season…. You’re in denial or you’ve had one too many Donahoe cocktails.

Lets talk the AFC East… after all, the road to the playoffs begins or ends right there…  If you’re not in the sweepstakes for the division crown, you’re can’t even think beyond that.

Anyone think New England will slip a notch or two?  OK, let’s say they do.  Dropping down to from 14 wins to a 12 win team in the division ain’t too bad is it?  I’d take that.  And those of you that think because of the Charlie Weiss and Romeo Crennel exits the Pats are going in the tank, think again.  Belicheck has absolutely no life outside of football.  He eats, drinks, and sleeps football 24/7 and there ain’t anyone out there that will out work him.  He’s figured out how to get 53 guys to play together regardless of their talents & skills.  If any of you remember the bills SB teams… well, no matter how depleted they got in the mid 90’s, because they knew what it took to win, they were always in the thick of things until the team core just got too old and they addressed it too late.

Now the Jets.  Anyone think they took a step back?  Well, if you do, then you must have been living on Mars over the past few months.  At worst, they will match there last year’s

Record.  Herm Edwards has consistently has improved the Jets… and with Coles, Jolly, and Nugent, a team with a solid “O” line and solid “D”, just got better… last year’s 10 win team is a cinch to win 11 games.

How about the Fins…  Well, remember this name, “Hudson Hauck”.  Yeah, this is the dude that put the Chargers O line back together in two seasons… and he did it with scrubs… not real high draft picks, nor big name free agents… and he’s going to take the Fins youngsters and do the same.  Fins have very good WRs and a pretty good TE.  Now they have at least a RB that make them credible and legitimate.  Their QB, Feely, ain’t that bad… and with the new regime and a better performing O line, their offense has to be considerably better than a year ago.  Their defense is stellar, and with the additions, even minus Surtain, they still have a top 8 defense.  Let’s not forget that Saban was Belichick’s defensive coordinator when Belechick was the Browns HC.  Clearly, though… the improvements and additions which the Dolphins made this offseason are much more so than did the bills.

Now the Bills.  Let’s talk the 2nd rated defense in the league last season.  Is the loss of Pat Williams a big deal?  Well, no, if you replace him with some +/> than him.  The Bills didn’t and in doing so, just negated Sam Adams  effectiveness.  Sam cannot play well unless he has an upper echelon DT next to him.  Otherwise he can be easily controlled.  Let’s not forget this #2 defense, when pitted against > than .500 teams, got killed.  The Jets game at home was the only> that the bills managed to beat…. And let’s not forget, as mentioned above, how PITT exposed the truth.  Their D is a top 10er, bur without the heavyweights in the middle, they can be had.  The Bills “O” is better simply by the subtraction of Bledsoe.  But, the offensive line is a still an issue.  At best, the bills have only solidified LG, RG, and RT.  Center and LT…. The two most important components of any offensive line are  problem areas.  LT is a huge problem and Teague is barely adequate at center.  If he’s surrounded by upper echelon O linemen, he’s OK.  Without that, he sucks.  No problem with WR/RB. Tight end? Big problem… Bills top two TEs go down in December with torn ACLs… No way either one is where they were performance wise before this December… and Kevin Everett is not going to be a player for at least a year or two. QB… well the trio of Losman, Holcomb, and Matthews can best be described as “brittle”.  None have been able to sty healthy a full season of playing.  Losman… maybe he gets a mulligan for last season and being injured.  But essentially, he’s a rookie.  Well, aside from Rothlisberger, there ain’t a 1st year QB in recent memory that took his team to the playoffs, let alone the promised land.  SO, anyone think lighning will strike twice two years in a row? 

So the way I see it, the jets and Pats are flying at 30K feet.  The Bills and Fins are flying at somewhere around 8K feet and are probably going to duke it out for somewhere between a7-9 and 9-7 finish.

Now, why Roscoe Parish?  Of course, we all know there’s a shortage of 5-9, 170 lb. Receivers.  Hell, who becomes expendable?  Fast Freddie, Sam Aiken?  And Don’t we already have Terrence McGee Fast Freddie and Nate Clements to return kicks and punts?

Isn’t Parish the same as Santana Moss?  How many games has Moss missed due to injuries?  So, how does this pick make sense?… even if Moulds costs $$$ next season, cut him and bring in a FA!!!  If Parish was the only one there, trade the pick for more picks. And I still don’t see why Adam Terry didn’t get snagged…. Must be his 6’8” 330 frame exceeded their ht./wt. Criteria or they’re worried about feeding the guy. 

Someone once said “be careful what you wish for”.  Well, I hated to see Polian take the fall for two losing Super Bowls.  But I couldn’t wait for Butler to make his exit.  But having gone through the misery of the last 5 drafts with Donahoe, I’ve come to appreciate the Butler era and how good Butler really was.  San Diego was in a similar situation to Buffalo 5 years ago.  San Diego, under the foundation that Butler laid is a much better team than the Bills.  JB didn’t out live Ralph, but somehow I think JB is smiling down on us and has gotten the last laugh.  Somehow, someway Teflon Tom has been able to con a multitude of Bills fans.  As merciless as Dickerson was with Butler, I wonder how Teflon Tom would fare with that kind of constant sniping that JB lived with dayin/dayout.  Teflon Tom has somehow managed to get a free pass.  Well, when does that run out?  How many more seasons of no playoffs will it take before this ‘multitude’ finally spits out the Donahoe Koolaid?

Hey... I'm just the messenger.  I'm neither negative or positive.  I'm just bringing reality to the multitudes.... and the Bills improvements, if any, this offseason are not as good as the improvements the other teams in their division made.

316082[/snapback]

Does this baby poster need a diaper change or a bottle? Blah, blah, blah, your whining reminds me of a 2 year old.

We are doomed because you say so!!!!! :rolleyes::devil:

I guess he didn't get enough attention from his "Kool-Aid" post from last night so he decided to post another one today under the disguise of "reality"....

316082[/snapback]

i 've figured it out. you're either 1; trying to get everyone fired up.

2. retarded, and no nothing about football - donahoes last 5 drafts make butler look like a companion on your short bus. butler remember brought us rj. he had one good draft from 1996- 2000. the 2000 draft might have been the worst in history. no players remain on the team, and most likely not in the league.

you stated aren't santana moss and roscoe parrish the same ? answer no. another 5'9 receiver was the mvp of the superbowl last year. you say that kevin everett won't be ready for 2 years? how do you know you freak? then turn around and say adam terry would have been great. all reports i heard / read say that he is a project if indeed he's going to play left tackle. there are too many inconsistancies in your post -

3 if you're that irritated just don't cheer for the bills. in fact i really don't want to read your garbage on this board. if its so bad leave.

just remember the offseason isn't over yet. if you want to have this conversation again on sept 2 i would be glad too.

Deeray, aren't you the one who usually goes around saying how TD is just preparing the team for market? Even Chicken Little was able to catastrophize about one thing at a time......give it a rest.

Hey djfarr00 "fugged up" homo.  Jeez... I really didn't mean to screw with your fantasy.  When the Bills go 8-8 and I read your obituary I will take great joy...RIP fag!

316386[/snapback]

at least now we know you can read... maybe soon you can learn football. lets make that goal next offseason.

Hey djfarr00 "fugged up" homo.  Jeez... I really didn't mean to screw with your fantasy.  When the Bills go 8-8 and I read your obituary I will take great joy...RIP fag!

316386[/snapback]

DeeRay....you do realize that you are violating TOS with your namecalling right?

Please continue so that you can be banned

DeeRay your a JOKE! You think you could of done a better job and got us out of that crap cap HELL. Then go apply for an NFL GM job youll get laughed at like you are getting laughed at here!! LOL

316190[/snapback]

You're awfully good at calling people names and insulting them but you somehow never seem to come up with any thoughtful, educated insight to anything. :rolleyes:

3 if you're that irritated just don't cheer for the bills.  in fact i really don't want to read your garbage on this board.  if its so bad leave. 

316278[/snapback]

Wow now there's genius. So if you get irritated with your team you should quit cheering for them? Me, I call that bandwagoning and I really hate bandwagoners.

If you dont want to read garbage on the board, why are you reading the board?

Were you compelled to read? Take your own advice,

"if it's so bad leave"

See ya!

You're awfully good at calling people names and insulting them but you somehow never seem to come up with any thoughtful, educated insight to anything.  :rolleyes:

316453[/snapback]

There's an awful lot of that going around.