TD can trade TH any time he wants

He didn't have to do it today. Remember he traded for Bledsoe early the 2nd day. You can speculate all you want. Maybe the snag was Travis's agent couldn't cut a new contract with Philly. Who knows?

He could deal Travis tomorrow for a 2nd rounder in next year's draft. Or a 4th this year and a 3rd next year.

But I doubt he will give him away. He is not in a position of weakness. Travis can be traded halfway thru the season, too. Players get hurt.

Travis Henry is a commodity of value, and he should not be sacrificed in a panic situation. He is an asset. I think I agree with TD anyway. He knows a lot more than I. He took McGahee and Losman a year early, and both look like good picks.

He didn't have to do it today.  Remember he traded for Bledsoe early the 2nd day.  You can speculate all you want.  Maybe the snag was Travis's agent couldn't cut a new contract with Philly.  Who knows?

He could deal Travis tomorrow for a 2nd rounder in next year's draft.  Or a 4th this year and a 3rd next year.

But I doubt he will give him away.  He is not in a position of weakness.  Travis can be traded halfway thru the season, too.  Players get hurt. 

Travis Henry is a commodity of value, and he should not be sacrificed in a panic situation.  He is an asset.  I think I agree with TD anyway.  He knows a lot more than I.  He took McGahee and Losman a year early, and both look like good picks.

315672[/snapback]

Thank you for your voice of reason

Travis can be traded halfway thru the season, too.  Players get hurt. 

315672[/snapback]

While I certainly admire Travis' ability to play through pain, isn't that about the time he isn't feeling so well?

He didn't have to do it today.  Remember he traded for Bledsoe early the 2nd day.  You can speculate all you want.  Maybe the snag was Travis's agent couldn't cut a new contract with Philly.  Who knows?

He could deal Travis tomorrow for a 2nd rounder in next year's draft.  Or a 4th this year and a 3rd next year.

But I doubt he will give him away.  He is not in a position of weakness.  Travis can be traded halfway thru the season, too.  Players get hurt. 

Travis Henry is a commodity of value, and he should not be sacrificed in a panic situation.  He is an asset.  I think I agree with TD anyway.  He knows a lot more than I.  He took McGahee and Losman a year early, and both look like good picks.

315672[/snapback]

Except that Donahoe needs a team to trade with. A team that still wants Henry. All FIVE of the teams that were rumored to be interested before the draft - Arizona, Philadelphia, Tampa, Chicago, and Miami - drafted running backs before the 80th pick today. I don't imagine any of them are still in the market.

And if Travis really does refuse to show up to training camp (he can't be THAT dumb, can he?) and sits out the summer and into the fall, how much trade value would he have left if a team suddenly needs a back due to injury? A team in that situation would want someone who could step in right away, not a perceived malcontent who hasn't been in live football action in almost a year.

I'm just afraid that we're down to hoping that some other team's starting back rips up a knee in mini-camp.

I don't often disagree with Donahoe because he makes a lot of money to know more about it than I do, but I think he may have misjudged the market on this one and gotten stuck with a player he doesn't want. There is no doubt that Henry could be an asset to most teams, but he won't be an asset to the Buffalo Bills if he's b*tching and whining about his role and refusing to show up to workouts.

315672[/snapback]

I agree. TD is being smart.

Except that Donahoe needs a team to trade with.  A team that still wants Henry.  All FIVE of the teams that were rumored to be interested before the draft - Arizona, Philadelphia, Tampa, Chicago, and Miami - drafted running backs before the 80th pick today.  I don't imagine any of them are still in the market.

And if Travis really does refuse to show up to training camp (he can't be THAT dumb, can he?) and sits out the summer and into the fall, how much trade value would he have left if a team suddenly needs a back due to injury?  A team in that situation would want someone who could step in right away, not a perceived malcontent who hasn't been in live football action in almost a year.

I'm just afraid that we're down to hoping that some other team's starting back rips up a knee in mini-camp.

I don't often disagree with Donahoe because he makes a lot of money to know more about it than I do, but I think he may have misjudged the market on this one and gotten stuck with a player he doesn't want.  There is no doubt that Henry could be an asset to most teams, but he won't be an asset to the Buffalo Bills if he's b*tching and whining about his role and refusing to show up to workouts.

315738[/snapback]

Not too friggin shabby for a first post.

Welcome to TBD.

I don't often disagree with Donahoe because he makes a lot of money to know more about it than I do, but I think he may have misjudged the market on this one and gotten stuck with a player he doesn't want.  There is no doubt that Henry could be an asset to most teams, but he won't be an asset to the Buffalo Bills if he's b*tching and whining about his role and refusing to show up to workouts.

315738[/snapback]

Yeah, there's always a chance TD could screw the pooch on this one, but I think he will figure something out that will benefit the team.

Cave? This assumes that there was an offer to cave into.

Let's hope for a 4th and be done with this.

315746[/snapback]

Multiple 4th's or maybe a 4th and a 5th, but not a single pick. I would rather try to load up on OL and CB's.