Best All Time Backup QB's

Saw an listing of the someones take on greatest backup QB's of all time.  Not trying to debate the worthiness of any names on the list or not on the list but what was kind of surprising was out of the 25 names listed five had a connection to some extent with Buffalo.  They were: James Harris, Doug Flutie (technically he was the backup) Todd Collins, Frank Reich, and Kelly Holcomb  Their stardom as backup didn't necessarily occur when they were with the Bills but other teams. 

One ex Bill not on the list was Daryle Lamonica though he really didn't do very much as a backup.  Another name missing from the list was George Blanda though seemed like whomever came up with this list didn't go back more than about 30 years.  Also missing were the combo of Craig Morton and Roger Staubach, though hard there to decide who really was the starter vs backup.  Another name on the list was Jeff Kemp, while he never played here, his father certainly did.

Scroll down to bottom of page for listing

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/jimmy-garoppolo-unlikely-to-play-again-this-season-as-qb-faces-uncertain-future/ar-BB1c5w7z?li=BB15ms5q

6 hours ago, ProcessAccepted said:

I would have thought coming in and winning a SB would have gotten Foles and Hostetler on a list that included Todd Collins.

On a side note when I saw the pic below my first reaction was I didn't know Woody Harrelson was a backup QB.

Slide 5 of 26: Warren Moon's backup for seven seasons, Carlson mostly kept the Oilers' high-powered car on the road. Houston made the playoffs from 1987-93. Four of those seasons featured at least one Carlson win in a spot start. The Oilers went 10-4 under Carlson, a third-round pick out of Baylor, from 1988-93. Carlson made six relief starts in 1992, twice posting 300-yard games and quarterbacking four wins. He posted three game-winning drives that season. While he failed as Moon's successor in 1994, Carlson was a steady backup during a quality Oilers era.

And that he has 3 arms.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

17 hours ago, ProcessAccepted said:

I would have thought coming in and winning a SB would have gotten Foles and Hostetler on a list that included Todd Collins.

On a side note when I saw the pic below my first reaction was I didn't know Woody Harrelson was a backup QB.

Slide 5 of 26: Warren Moon's backup for seven seasons, Carlson mostly kept the Oilers' high-powered car on the road. Houston made the playoffs from 1987-93. Four of those seasons featured at least one Carlson win in a spot start. The Oilers went 10-4 under Carlson, a third-round pick out of Baylor, from 1988-93. Carlson made six relief starts in 1992, twice posting 300-yard games and quarterbacking four wins. He posted three game-winning drives that season. While he failed as Moon's successor in 1994, Carlson was a steady backup during a quality Oilers era.

I still miss the Oilers.