NYS now says tailgating is the biggest concern

JÂy RÛßeÒ

People tailgating shouldn't be a big concern at all.  There isn't going to be huge parties like usual tailgating - there will be way less people there.  Will groups get together while tailgating - probably,  but people will be outside. I guarantee you that house gatherings/parties during the playoff games will contribute to covid spread much more than people going to the game.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

They can simply say “no tailgating” and allow a percentage of fans into the game.  

Sounds like them revving up the excuse machine.  

That could be said, but can you count on people to actually follow that directive?   Did you see the footage from the airport?   Were the good people there following all the protocols as simple as they are?

Edited by purple haze
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, BillsCuse said:

People tailgating shouldn't be a big concern at all.  There isn't going to be huge parties like usual tailgating - there will be way less people there.  Will groups get together while tailgating - probably,  but people will be outside. I guarantee you that house gatherings/parties during the playoff games will contribute to covid spread much more than people going to the game.

As someone who has been tailgating for every game all season............and an epic tailgate season indeed..........I would concur that it would be safer to just allow some kind of organized outdoor tailgating at the stadium.     

If you can go to stores..........or WORK at stores.......and go to restaurants and eat inside without masks (obviously)...........I just don't see how being outdoors in groups of 10 or less are even close to the same risk level.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1