PFF ranks Josh as 6th best QB in week 13.

custcarcen

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Imagine defending a company that does this:

For anyone wondering why Tre White was not ranked as a top 10 CB by PFF last year, now we know why.

I mean I said that at the time. It isn't quite true that they don't grade when not targeted. But in order to earn top grades you need to be targeted in order to make plays. They upward grade rather downward grade. So they don't start with 100 and knock points off. So even though Tre could play his coverage pretty much perfect all night if he is never targeted he is not gonna get above the average grade. 

37 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I mean I said that at the time. It isn't quite true that they don't grade when not targeted. But in order to earn top grades you need to be targeted in order to make plays. They upward grade rather downward grade. So they don't start with 100 and knock points off. So even though Tre could play his coverage pretty much perfect all night if he is never targeted he is not gonna get above the average grade. 

So they're not actually grading the CB on what they're supposed to do in that case. This makes me wonder what other shortcuts they're taking to push their grades out so quickly. I'm fine with the objective data PFF puts together but their subjective grading system doesn't make sense.

Edited by HappyDays

Another thing - I've seen a few people on Twitter say Allen's grade against the 49ers was the highest passing grade of his career. And that he only ranked 4th best this week in that metric. So it's not just that the 3 QBs above him played better than him this week, PFF also thinks they played better than Allem has ever played in a single game in his career. That's just flat out ridiculous.

• Like (+1) 1