We are the first team to beat the Chargers by more than one score this season.

4 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Oh, I agree, it was sarcasm on my behalf, aimed at those that imo lack understanding. 👍

Go Bills!!!

Sorry, my bad as I FULLY understood that and should have made it clear in my post in retrospect.  I just wanted to point out they are not a lousy team, and it was a good win.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

Sorry, my bad as I FULLY understood that and should have made it clear in my post in retrospect.  I just wanted to point out they are not a lousy team, and it was a good win.  

Yup, Iirc The Chargers are among the top offenses and defenses stat wise in the league, and we never trailed during the game. 

Go Bills!!!

15 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Why is it luck when our defense makes plays but not luck when the opposing defense makes plays lol I just dont understand this double standard we have.  They are lucky we fumbled twice in a row while running the ball down their throat to close out the game then if our defense 'got lucky' shutting down their offense after turnovers.  You have a 7+ point lead since early in the game and that only results in a win 33% of the time? 🤣 the bucs were getting beat up all game yardage wise but hung around and needed one stop to have a shot at a game winning drive...much like our game against the chiefs actually..  the chargers never were in a position to do better than tie against us.

Bucs had a considerably better chance to win than the chargers did

1) I'd say it's fairly lucky when our below average defense allows only 3 points off of 3 turnovers

2) I made up the 33% number, but the way the Bills played would normally not win a game. <200 yards passing, outgained in total yards, lose the turnover battle -2 (with 3 turnovers in the 4th Q). It was good enough for a win against a mediocre Chargers team that made a lot of mistakes, but (probably) wouldn't be good enough in a playoff game 

3) After Allen's INT the Chargers had the ball at their own 44 with 6 minutes left and down by 7.  The Bucs scored a TD with 4 minutes left to cut the lead to 3, but never got the ball back after they kicked off. Per ESPN stats the Chargers had a better chance of winning than the Bucs did

14 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

1) I'd say it's fairly lucky when our below average defense allows only 3 points off of 3 turnovers

2) I made up the 33% number, but the way the Bills played would normally not win a game. <200 yards passing, outgained in total yards, lose the turnover battle -2 (with 3 turnovers in the 4th Q). It was good enough for a win against a mediocre Chargers team that made a lot of mistakes, but (probably) wouldn't be good enough in a playoff game 

3) After Allen's INT the Chargers had the ball at their own 44 with 6 minutes left and down by 7.  The Bucs scored a TD with 4 minutes left to cut the lead to 3, but never got the ball back after they kicked off. Per ESPN stats the Chargers had a better chance of winning than the Bucs did

1) Lucky?  The Chargers were averaging 26 PPG, and that was without Ekeler (who I would take any day of the week and twice on Sundays) for 60% of those games.  

2 hours ago, Doc said:

1) Lucky?  The Chargers were averaging 26 PPG, and that was without Ekeler (who I would take any day of the week and twice on Sundays) for 60% of those games.  

I'll change my mind if the defense plays that well the rest of the year, but for now, "lucky" is definitely the word I would use. 

Definition of lucky

1: having good luck
2: happening by chance 

1 hour ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

I'll change my mind if the defense plays that well the rest of the year, but for now, "lucky" is definitely the word I would use. 

Definition of lucky

1: having good luck
2: happening by chance 

LOL!  OK.