The Life of an NFL Players' Personal Chef

Hapless Bills Fan

11 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

Great stuff, more power to him. But when the players have a wife.. does she just spend his money as full time "work"?

So here's a (non-celebrity) observation from a group I belonged to years ago.

-When a wife stopped working and stayed home as the primary caregiver to the kids, she was expected (or expected herself) to also shop, cook meals, and clean the house.  This often caused friction as the wife would be totally frazzled at the end of the day.

-When a husband stopped working and stayed home as the primary caregiver to the kids, he would usually insist it was a full-time+ job and he did NOT have time to shop, cook meals, and clean the house.  This often caused friction, especially if there was no money to hire these things out.

If people have lots of money and find an arrangement that works for them, why judge?  Who knows what the player's wife is doing - maybe she has her own career or serious interests that she's passionate about.  Maybe she's "all in" caring for their kids.  Maybe she's addicted to All My Children.  Not my concern.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You guys crack me up.  If it's so unpleasant, predictable and stupid, why not change this dynamic? 

I can think of at least 5 things to try and I haven't had my 2nd cup of coffee yet.  Be a Leader of Men (people)!

I can be a leader of men and children easy. It’s leading women that I haven’t figured out yet. 

8 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Dude has a good frame to hold some muscle. He's not going to fill out on a vegan diet. Disappointing. He needs some strength to high point cause he doesn't have the wheels to create good separation.

You can build a frame on a vegan diet but you need to be very, very good with diet and helps to not have money restrictions.

I worked at North Buffalo Food Cooperative when I was at UB and one of the guys was ripped with muscle and was in his late 30s or early 40s and had been vegan more than 20 years.

Not sure what his regular job was but in the store he'd be lifting multiple 50 bags and 2 buckets at a time with no perceived effort. 

12 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You guys crack me up.  If it's so unpleasant, predictable and stupid, why not change this dynamic? 

I can think of at least 5 things to try and I haven't had my 2nd cup of coffee yet.  Be a Leader of Men (people)!

Would love to hear and wouldn’t be surprised if I’ve attempted at least 3-4 of the 5 to change the dynamic already.

1. ?

2. ?

3. ?

4. ?

5. ?

On 11/28/2020 at 10:42 AM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So here's a (non-celebrity) observation from a group I belonged to years ago.

-When a wife stopped working and stayed home as the primary caregiver to the kids, she was expected (or expected herself) to also shop, cook meals, and clean the house.  This often caused friction as the wife would be totally frazzled at the end of the day.

-When a husband stopped working and stayed home as the primary caregiver to the kids, he would usually insist it was a full-time+ job and he did NOT have time to shop, cook meals, and clean the house.  This often caused friction, especially if there was no money to hire these things out.

If people have lots of money and find an arrangement that works for them, why judge?  Who knows what the player's wife is doing - maybe she has her own career or serious interests that she's passionate about.  Maybe she's "all in" caring for their kids.  Maybe she's addicted to All My Children.  Not my concern.

Not your concern yet you type all these sentences defending these virtuous modern wives? Most men set the bar way too low for these poor Western ladies. Don't worry though, they are set for life. That they stay married or not, they'll get those players' money. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.