Allen's assault on the career NFL passing yards list(ongoing thread) UPDATED 10/27 - 113th place

Big Turk

5 hours ago, mrags said:

I think the bigger thing will be Josh finishes at least top 3 in total touchdowns. 

Hopefully, but how long will he be able to continue running the ball like he does now? He can probably get 200-300 per year even as he gets older, but definitely not being as physical as he is now.

Most QBs don't play until they're 45 like Brady, and even less manage to still be starters at that point. People are talking about how crazy it is Flacco is back as a starter, but he's "only" 38. Rodgers is now 40, but no other starter is even close.

I think Stafford is the oldest at 35, so Josh probably has a few more years of running like a mad man before having to transition into more of a pocket QB to prolong his career.

3 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Hopefully, but how long will he be able to continue running the ball like he does now? He can probably get 200-300 per year even as he gets older, but definitely not being as physical as he is now.

Most QBs don't play until they're 45 like Brady, and even less manage to still be starters at that point. People are talking about how crazy it is Flacco is back as a starter, but he's "only" 38. Rodgers is now 40, but no other starter is even close.

I think Stafford is the oldest at 35, so Josh probably has a few more years of running like a mad man before having to transition into more of a pocket QB to prolong his career.

He’ll have the rushing TD record within 3 years I’d imagine. He’ll always have that short yardage push from inside the 2 for TDs in his game. So you can’t discount that. 

3 hours ago, BigDingus said:

He’s got far less rushing yards this year but is demolishing his career rushing TD high. He might seriously put up 13+ rushing tds this year which is kind of insane. He could probably put up 400-8td for years.

Josh is going to own a lot of weird stats by the time he’s done. Unicorn. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.