Two huge penalties killed the Bills

Billsfan1972

I want Knox to emerge so badly - he clearly has some unique skills.  I love how he is when he gets the ball. It takes some effort for opponents to get him down.

That mistake yesterday really can't happen. That was THE turning point, imo - that's when the Cards started to come back.  A 1st down there, and we're rolling and very likely add to our lead.

That said, the refs in general were abysmal.  I know every fanbase complains, but man does it seem like they don't want the Bills to win at times. Ticky tack city.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

OK.  But how long do you wait?  I want to see a step up from year to year, like we did with Allen from his first 16 games to now. 

For whatever reason, Knox seems to be stepping back and it's painful to watch.

For whatever reason, the Bills don't suit the NFL narrative, which is puffing up Tua and Murray and still puffing Lamar Jackson.

So we are going to have to beat the refs sometimes.  And in the games where we play well and win, we DO beat the refs and overcome bad plays and bad calls.

Should not be that way, its hard enough to play the game and beat the team in front of you to have the refs come marching in and make bogus calls and go blind for the other team. 

15 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I agree although I didn’t see much of a hold on the second one you can call holding like that every play if you wanted 

I saw holding like that the whole game, If a player has  zero chance to have a impact on a play a small grab like that should never be called. If your going to call a holding call like that then you need to throw flags on it all game. The inconsistency of the penalties being calling is so ***** frustrating and a small reason I am doing drywall repair today. I will be done with the drywall in about 20 more min. I still feel like Jerry Hughes is going to flat out sucker punch an official in his last game of his career. 

1 hour ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I saw holding like that the whole game, If a player has  zero chance to have a impact on a play a small grab like that should never be called. If your going to call a holding call like that then you need to throw flags on it all game. The inconsistency of the penalties being calling is so ***** frustrating and a small reason I am doing drywall repair today. I will be done with the drywall in about 20 more min. I still feel like Jerry Hughes is going to flat out sucker punch an official in his last game of his career. 

And he will be right to do so and I hope he does.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

OK.  But how long do you wait?  I want to see a step up from year to year, like we did with Allen from his first 16 games to now. 

For whatever reason, Knox seems to be stepping back and it's painful to watch.

Don't know any more.

Don't disagree.

This entire year has been like a lost year for him.  Maybe he too sees thing slipping away so he's pressing?  It's almost like they should just shut him down for the year, kick him in the shins and then place him on IR.  But that's risky too as thin as we are at TE

Another similar player who's slipping back some is Singletary though not certain if it's him or the blocking?  I wonder if next game they should sit him and go with Yeldon?  Maybe he too needs a wake up message?