Draft Thread

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Problem is, whether you say it is no big deal or not, the first time  he gets counseling, the second a 4 game suspension, the 3rd a year long bench sitting.  Do you really want a guy who doesn't know enough not to smoke right before a "known" drug test.  He won't last 4 years in the league.

316265[/snapback]

You have a good point. I just felt it was unfair for you to judge me, and felt like I had to justifty my point.

That being said, we didnt draft Hawthorne, and we wont have to worry about him, and Ron Edwards is our starting DT.

Preston summary from PFW:

"Should get drafted late and could develop into a fine backup at the next level."

I know, I know...McNally's judgement has to be trusted.  But I just don't see this kid as being better than Justin Brown.

316266[/snapback]

My only question would be would this kid have been available in round 5 or 6?

I'll take McNally's word over "the draft guy who gave him a 31."

JMO....

316268[/snapback]

I'm pretty sure that I've read that the Bills brought him in for a visit a couple of weeks ago, so they probably know what they're doing with this pick. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

316274[/snapback]

That's the one thing that bugs me about the pick. Then again, maybe the Bills felt that he was a good enough prospect that they didn't want to take a chance that he might sneak through another round or two?

Any chance we are spotting the rest of the NFL draft because we are so good?

Not a bad pick in Preston but i would have gone with a different center if i were a GM, which i am not.

For those of you who watched the entire draft yesterday... as pick 55 approached and you saw names that had been targeted on this board get picked, did you believe there was anyone the bills would draft this year that would be in the starting lineup come opening day? I didn't, so i can't say i am that disappointed.

Yeah, it wasn't much, but he just said that it was such a shame to put so much time into talking about the trade and then to not actually pull it off.

He also said that they were looking at player for player only no matter what Buffalo was saying (although, i thought that's exactly what we were saying all along?)

Assumes LJ will be cut huh? Or doesn't like him at all. I'd bet on the 6/1 cut.

316324[/snapback]

Yeah, real stupid move by TD. Trade even up a player TD has no intention of cutting vs one Denny hates and probably will cut. Very stupid move (according to Denny).

Yeah, real stupid move by TD.  Trade even up a player TD has no intention of cutting vs one Denny hates and probably will cut.  Very stupid move (according to Denny).

316340[/snapback]

I believe Travis will be cut if he isn't moved before camp. Therefore if you look at it that way, it was one cut posibility for another.

316274[/snapback]

ne picked macklin? i htink at og yesterday w/ the 31st pick. Baas whom most of the people around here wanted was still on the board. sometimes our ratings are different the kipers. and here's the kicker.... sometimes we're right

BAckoff

Finally a decent pick! I'm tired of us neglecting our offensive line, and even a 4th rounder like Preston is a LOT better than ignoring the line! I'm sure McNally had a lot to say about this pick, so I'll trust his judgement. Now we need a LT, but what kind of LT can we get with a 5th - 7th round pick?