Looks like Jerry Sullivan is at it again...

ganesh

I don't get it.  Shouldn't he be trying to get the fans excited about the season opener?  Instead he's trying to bring everybody down.  Honestly, I'm so sick of his stevestojan that I don't even bother reading him anymore, ever since he wrot eback to me and basically that's the way I see it - no further insight, just - that's the way I see it.

23422[/snapback]

No. He is trying to sell papers and articles like this get people to read the News. Whether it is complete crap you still read the article. Sullivan did his job. He is a complete fool but stirring the pot sells papers.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this guy always the turd in the punchbowl?

We have a name for the guy who does this in Boston: Shaughnessy.

It's opening *#%$^ weekend. It's time for optimism. Tell this guy to stuff it...

Besides, he's working my side of the PrimaDonahoe fence. :lol:

Honestly, Im not crazy about the Bills' chances and this is definitely time for Donohoe to get it right or get out. But that article was a hatchet job. Blasting the Magahee pick NOW is just plain stupid.

That article and its tone would be just fine if God forbid its three months from now and the team is under .500. But writing something like that NOW? Way out of place.

Donahoe is more myth than mastermind

Link from TBD main page....Looks like he has really nothing positive

to right about the bills....The guy has to write something controversial

to just get it out...

He forgets to mention that TD was solely responsible for improving the

season ticket base and have more sellouts after acquiring such a salary

capped crap roster...

TD does not  play the game on the field....the players do...

23283[/snapback]

For the love of... I was just going to start a thread like this myself =) Jerry really has no freaking credibility with me. He, like a lot of his cohorts in mainstream media, are looking to fire up a hornets nest. No one wants to speak the truth anymore, everyone wants to break the big story and ignite the fire.

Bah. How do those in Buffalo rate Sullivan?

Another piece of crap from Sullivan.  Somebody should call the cops on this guy for the way he steals money.  The fact that the Buffalo News employs this guy is proof that many of us have gotten into the wrong business.

And somebody should tell this imbecile that Adams, Spikes, Milloy, Fletcher, Williams, McGahee, Reed, and Posey aren't "finesse" players.

What a freakin' moron.

23359[/snapback]

I'd leave Posey off that list.

Guest Guest_Toledo Bill_*
Point out where he "hit the nail on the head," and I'll debunk it.  I can refute just about every point he made, but don't have time to do so.

23412[/snapback]

"Dazzled on draft day"... I have always felt that he continues to try to garner attention for his creative moves... more so than filling holes

"Starting 4th year, time to judge on merit"... I can appreciate a couple of rebuilding years, but not to go backwards in the 3rd year

"Keen judge of coaching talent. yet hired Gregg Williams"... his biggest error

"Run orientated GM has allowed OL to fall into dispepair"...tough to argue with after last year. I love the line coach hire, but even he can't fix the mess due to a lack of talent

His comments on McGahee instead of a lineman... right now, I would prefer a stud center or guard

His Gregg Williams lame duck comment... that helped kill last year

Last paragraph... not having the personnel... I agree, again soley due to the lack of building an offensive line

I would appreciate your input, because I truly agree with Sullivan and would like to see why my judgement is flawed.. To other posters, just because a writer produces a negative article... it does not mean he is wrong. I am a devout fan but am willing to hear all opinions.

Ummmm....the worst thing we can do is start a thread like this. Of course, Sullivan's article was a hatchet job & completely out of place. But look at how many of us have posted on it. If we all ignored it, and him, he would fade away.

He's a pompous ass who really doesn't carre about the Bills nor Buffalo. We should simply ignore him, not encourage him via threads like this (I'm sure he reads TBD) and emails debating points with him.

I'm sure he reads TBD

Oh, you think? In that case...

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

He's entitled to his opinion. It seems he has regurgitated this exact same article every 2 months for the last year. I guess if you repeat it enough, many of the brain dead lemmings will decide it is fact, rather than thinking for themselves.

With the NFL Ticket, even the out of town fans who never come with a thousand miles of Orchard Park can watch the Bills and see for themselves what our team is all about. Many of the locals, like myself, get see them even more in practices and scrimmages.

In short, we watch the Bills far more often than Sullivan and that gives us a solid foundation to form our own, objective outlook of this team.

I'm well aware hiring GW was a mistake. The 17-31 record. Blah,blah,blah... Repeating it ad nauseum doesn't display any great wisdom. TD is under pressure. Really ? No kidding. ..."TD is not a genius".. Who said he was ?... Some callers on WGR or a couple letter writers in the Sunday paper ? So what ? They're fans, full of biased opinions, much like Sullivan himself.

The whole article stinks of an agenda with revenge in mind. No balance whatsoever.

I wish to read something better than this drivel. It resembles something spoken by a bitter obnoxious drunk at the local saloon.

You have eyes. Think for youself.

I knew Sullivan would get jumped on. I think he hits the nail on the head. What is wrong with him pointing out the obvious?

23337[/snapback]

The problem is that what Sullivan points out as "obvious" is only obvious to idiots like yourself. Sullivan is about equal with Chuck Dickerson when it comes to being an idiot, but at least Dickerson knew a bit about football.

Sullivan makes broad, sweeping statements and editorializes based on half-truths and piss-poor "statistics" that only a buttmunch would take as truth.

I'm not even going to read it. His whole angle is to draw attention to himself by being negative. I find it sad.

23571[/snapback]

I agree. He really comes off as pathetic.

I wonder what would happen if the Bills made the playoffs. Do you think he'll 'fess up to being wrong?

You cheerleaders need to get a clue. The article is 100% accurate. You don't win in this league with optimism, you win with good football players and solid coaching. How can anybody be satisfied with TD's work to date? I have a feeling a good dose of reality is about to hit this site in the very near future! The majority of the people on this site are a bunch of fundamentalist!

You cheerleaders need to get a clue. The article is 100% accurate. You don't win in this league with optimism, you win with good football players and solid coaching. How can anybody be satisfied with TD's work to date? I have a feeling a good dose of reality is about to hit this site in the very near future! The majority of the people on this site are a bunch of fundamentalist!

23592[/snapback]

Sorry, I can't hear you through your anonymous posting.

(We know it's you Jerry, so you can just stop now :lol: )

Sorry, I can't hear you through your anonymous posting.

(We know it's you Jerry, so you can just stop now  :devil: )

23595[/snapback]

No it is SoCal Bill, a guy that broke this same story a month ago and was promptly kicked off the website for documenting the truth. I think Jerry and Larry Felser owe me some credit for the story on TD!!!! :lol:

So why is everyone's shorts in a knot? Whay Sully printed is a fairly accurate portrayal of Donahoe's "watch" as Bills GM in terms of his "on field" success.

I got news for you... Donahoe's mission was never to make this franchise a winner. Ralph clearly sees the WNY economic implosionand Donahoe's marching orders from Ralph were to... first "prepare this team for market" and then try to win games. He's done that job very well. He's sold the fans on the Bledsoe myth, hired cheap coaches so the new owner will look at it as a plus that he doesn't lose a ton of $$$ in firing the coaches, and kept the salary cap very manageable.

I'm sorry, Ralph, in his twighlight years, is more concerened at "righting" things financially than winning football games... he looks at it that he had his chance in the early 90's and things didn't work out, but it was a great ride... and now he must prepare this house for sale. I must say, the Bills are an attractive commodity for someone looking to buy in to the NFL... and the lease deal has enough wiggle room for a new owner in a good spot able to leverage relocation vs. a new lease deal. Remember... franchises that are on a winning run tend not to sell as well as those that are winning... The winning ones have a higher price tag and higher overhead.

Sorry to burst everyone's bubble going into a new season. I apologize if I offended anyone. I suppose you can call me "SullyII"

So why is everyone's shorts in a knot?  Whay Sully printed is a fairly accurate portrayal of Donahoe's "watch" as Bills GM in terms of his "on field" success.

I got news for you... Donahoe's mission was never to make this franchise a winner.  Ralph clearly sees the WNY economic  implosionand Donahoe's marching orders from Ralph were to...  first "prepare this team for market" and then try to win games.  He's done that job very well.  He's sold the fans on the Bledsoe myth, hired cheap coaches so the new owner will look at it as a plus that he doesn't lose a ton of $$$ in firing the coaches, and kept the salary cap very manageable.

I'm sorry,  Ralph, in his twighlight years, is more concerened at "righting" things financially than winning football games... he looks at it that he had his chance in the early 90's and things didn't work out, but it was a great ride... and now he must prepare this house for sale.  I must say, the Bills are an attractive commodity for someone looking to buy in to the NFL... and the lease deal has enough wiggle room for a new owner in a good spot able to leverage relocation vs. a new lease deal.  Remember... franchises that are on a winning run tend not to sell as well as those that are winning... The winning ones have a higher price tag and higher overhead. 

Sorry to burst everyone's bubble going into a new season.  I apologize if I offended anyone.  I suppose you can call me "SullyII"

23612[/snapback]

Good observation! There might be some truth behind your theory. He has definitely not taken a Mark Cuban approach to things.