The Sporting News looks back at 2018 QB class

46 minutes ago, Chaos said:

You r missing the point. The other poster said "support is most important" meaning it is more important than talent.   Which of course is absurd. 

I understand the point.  I think you’re being petty.  I think it goes without saying you need talent and that using Nate Peterman example is being dramatic.

Would Pat Mahomes have gaudy numbers with Adam Gase as HC and having the Jets WR core?  Do Andy Reid, Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce not matter much?

On 10/3/2020 at 9:37 AM, CorkScrewHill said:

With time clarity of who made the right decision (e.g., right Josh :) ), Lamar stolen, ... The Sporting News discussed where the players are but more interestingly who was focused on which QB, such as the Cardinals really wanted Josh Allen, the Jets wanted Baker or Darnold and Rosen would have been their consolation prize, the Fins liked Allen ... I know there have been previous article but this had some insights I personally had not seen before .. so sharing.

https://www.sportingnews.com/ca/nfl/news/sam-darnold-nfl-draft-2018-jets-josh-allen-lamar-jackson/1702wp9s9p41e10seq8ywgq5b9

The article makes one mistake that I have seen others make - it says the Bills saw Allen as a composite of 2 MVPs (Mahomes and Newton) and one near MVP (Wentz). But Mahomes had just started one meaningless game for the Chiefs when the Bills took Allen. He was MVP only in Allen’s rookie season. So the Bills or any other team did not know of Mahomes’ success when picking the 2018 QB in the draft.