Get kids back to school

SectionC3

3 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Career Government Scientists?  

Those that can't do teach.

Those that can't teach consult

Those that can't consult go into government.

The scientists "haven't gotten out of their sweatpants except for meetings at coffee shops"

Losers. All of them. Could've been doing real estate deals instead of putting men on the moon, or doing pivotal work on sequencing the human genome, or helping to make HIV a manageable disease rather than a death sentence. Or literally inventing the internet without which such wisdom as that quoted above could never be shared with at least half a dozen like-minded people.

I don't see it, what's in it for them?

Edited by The Frankish Reich
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I love how he's taking a mental health leave of absence for espousing many of THE EXACT SAME Qish THINGS ALL OVER THIS BOARD.

He'll be quacking on 930 AM in no time

2 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Losers. All of them. Could've been doing real estate deals instead of putting men on the moon, or doing pivotal work on sequencing the human genome, or helping to make HIV a manageable disease rather than a death sentence. Or literally inventing the internet without which such wisdom as that quoted above could never be shared with at least half a dozen like-minded people.

I don't see it, what's in it for them?

Time to stop taking lunch monitor Jim seriously

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

The government did not put man on the moon. 

I read that first sentence and thought I was going to get the "man on the moon hoax" theory. 

(On a related point, I actually enjoyed this fine OJ performance as a kid)

So I'm weirdly relieved.

4 minutes ago, Gary M said:

great movie

I've thought about watching it again to see how it's held up. But then I thought, nah, I'm sure it hasn't held up well. So I left my memory undisturbed.

It was a fine government conspiracy plot but I'll have to look up exactly why they were supposed to have been doing it.

EDIT: NASA realizes the mission is doomed to failure but political realities don't allow for abandoning the mission, so they secret the astronauts away to the desert and let an empty rocket launch toward Mars. It doesn't work out the way they expected it to ...

I enjoyed this quip from the director:

Hyams later joked, "O.J. Simpson was in it, and Robert Blake was in (Hyams' first feature) Busting. I’ve said many times: Some people have AFI Lifetime Achievement awards, some people have multiple Oscars, my bit of trivia is that I’ve made films with two leading men who were subsequently tried for the first degree murder of their wives."

Tried and acquitted, that is.