What Do You Shoot? How Long Have You Played?

PTS

I hope most of the lurkers reading this thread know that likely 90% of these scores are exagerations to downright lies. I don't know how many times I've been out with a '80-90' golfer only to find it's really 100 if he counts properly.

I started last May and consistently golfed about a 60-65 till late July when I broke into the lower 50's for the rest of the year :huh:

Been out 3 times this year first time on a course in Suffolk Virginia--hit a 124

Got back to my regular course and hit a 95 (48 front--47 back) for my best score ever.

2 days later I hit a 91 on the same course (47 front--43 back) paring 5 holes and 1 birdie for my new best score ever! :huh:

I hope most of the lurkers reading this thread know that likely 90% of these scores are exagerations to downright lies.  I don't know how many times I've been out with a '80-90' golfer only to find it's really 100 if he counts properly.

311730[/snapback]

No kidding. You have a better chance of seeing people be honest about the size of their whangers than about what they shoot on the golf course. :huh:

I hope most of the lurkers reading this thread know that likely 90% of these scores are exagerations to downright lies.  I don't know how many times I've been out with a '80-90' golfer only to find it's really 100 if he counts properly.

311730[/snapback]

i believe i read a stat somewhere along the way that only around 10% of "active" golfers actually break 100 when playing by the rules of golf.

apparently all of TSW fall within that 10%. :huh:

i believe i read a stat somewhere along the way that only around 10% of "active" golfers actually break 100 when playing by the rules of golf.

apparently all of TSW fall within that 10%.  :huh:

311854[/snapback]

I didn't used to. But one of the guys I play with is a real prick and a stickler for the rules, even if we aren't betting. Very anal retentive. He was pissed a little while back when I noticed he had 15 clubs and I mentioned it on the 3rd hole. :huh: 4 stroke penalty baby.

I was much better in high school when I shot consistently in the 80s. Now I struggle to break 100.

I have, however, recoreded a hole-in-one: 147 yd Par 3 #6 @ St. Bonaventure CC. That was 16 years ago when I was a freshman in college (sigh).

I am consistently in the mid 80's, although I finished last summer with four staight rounds in the 70's. My best rd last year was a 74. Shot a 34 on the front and a 40 on the back, 6 birdies on the day. I made almost every putt. And if you want to play the "strictly by the rules game", I still had 4 rounds in the 70's.... :rolleyes:

I dont do mulligans, or winter rules. Hit the fairways and greens, and this game is easy...

I just laid out some cash and bought myself the new S59's from Ping with a new G2 stiff shaft Prolaunch 10 degree driver, and a steel shaft G2 3 metal... Now I just need to wait for desert to hit 100 degrees so the rates drop, and then I am back in business

I played a best ball tourny yesterday and our team came in with a 65. Good enough for 4th out of 30 teams.

I myself usually shoot mid to low 80's. Depending on the course. I started about 15 years ago and don't play as regularly as I used to. My biggest problem is my "baseball swing" when I drive. Causes a slice but I've adapted my aim to compensate. I bought the Titleist 983 driver yesterday so I'm pumped to get back out. 0:)

I've been playing regularly for about 10 years and usually shoot high 80s to low 90s.

The only rule I knowingly break is I putt with a clean ball. Who wants to walk back to their bag to clean it or carry around moist rag in their pocket?

I started playing last year after my hockey career ended, I picked it up pretty well.

I shot at 90 (give or take 2 or 3) everytime, which I'm told is good for never playing the game. My goal is to get to 83 by the end of this season.

I played on a Par 3-9 hole earlier this week and shot a 32.

311474[/snapback]

I have been playing for 6 years, handicap is 15.8. 27 years old, I am a pretty long hitter, my short game deserts me from time and I tend to have a hard time keeping it in play off of the tee which costs me some strokes.