Do defenses take advantage of no noise in stadiums.

YattaOkasan

The Jets are catching a break with a rookie LT playing his first game, a road game, with no fans.   Bills fans are very loud and have been known to draw penalties, time outs, and mistakes.   The 12th Man name is there for a reason.  

The league is letting teams pump in crowd noise but how much, how is it measured, where is it measured, and will the league monitor it real time?  

If I’m Buffalo I’m pumping in mega noise until told otherwise.  

With the piped in noise some stadiums might be louder than they would be with just regular fans.

I'm just dreading Bills homes games if they overdo the damn tran horm even more than usual (if that's possible)

1 hour ago, Bob in STL said:

The Jets are catching a break with a rookie LT playing his first game, a road game, with no fans.   Bills fans are very loud and have been known to draw penalties, time outs, and mistakes.   The 12th Man name is there for a reason.  

The league is letting teams pump in crowd noise but how much, how is it measured, where is it measured, and will the league monitor it real time?  

If I’m Buffalo I’m pumping in mega noise until told otherwise.  

The lack of crowd noise will likely be the one thing that makes this season play significantly different than any other barring any outbreaks. 

• Like (+1) 1

In theory, home field noise benefits the home team defense as the crowd turns it up when the enemy team has the ball.  In the new COVID era, noise will be limited to 70-75 decibels.  I presume that means total noise including both piped in noise and any crowd generated noise in stadiums where crowds are allowed.  70 decibels is pretty loud, but noise generated by a sell out crowd is a lot higher.  I don't think anybody will find the noise to be disruptive.  

I don't really understand how a lack of noise can benefit any defense.