Joe Biden’s 9/2 Speech

SectionC3

30 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...Bolton of all people, the epitome of anti-Trump even refuted it.......

Was Bolton supposed to have been there when he said it? Not as far as I know. So that one amounts to Bolton saying, "He never said these things in my presence."

Look, it's clearly secondhand (or third hand) information. What we know:

- The reporters (Goldberg and others) didn't just make it up. Multiple reporters have confirmed that so-called "senior officials" (or a senior official) told them Trump said these things.

- That doesn't mean he really said them, or all of them, or that the Senior Official didn't misinterpret what he said

But is it "fake news?" No, it's news. And maybe not reliable news. Trump is now suggesting that maybe these things were made up by disgruntled former employees (presumably a fired Senior Official or Officials). But that is ... REAL news. News that may be rebutted by Trump and others, but not made up/fake news.

7 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Was Bolton supposed to have been there when he said it?

He was there when he DIDN'T say it, yes. In fact, he specifically calls out that moment in his book because of the weather diversion, and confirmed yesterday that if anything like that was said at the time, he'd have written an entire chapter on it.

Edited by IDBillzFan
  • Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

He was there when he DIDN'T say it, yes. In fact, he specifically calls out that moment in his book because of the weather diversion, and confirmed yesterday that if anything like that was said at the time, he'd have written an entire chapter on it.

Thanks. That is relevant as to whether he said it.

I don't know whether the Senior Officials claim that there were other conversations Bolton wasn't privy to. I suspect we'll find out. I just saw that Fox reporter Jennifer Griffin says that she's confirmed (again) with her sources, but there's no mention about whether Bolton was in this particular Room (Car?) Where it Happened.

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I don't know whether the Senior Officials claim that there were other conversations Bolton wasn't privy to. I suspect we'll find out. I just saw that Fox reporter Jennifer Griffin says that she's confirmed (again) with her sources, but there's no mention about whether Bolton was in this particular Room (Car?) Where it Happened.

Again, you can't 'confirm' anonymous sources with anonymous sources. It simply has never worked that way in the world of professional journalism for years.

If the standard we have to determine stories are true is simply four anonymous sources, with confirmation coming from another journalist talking to another anonymous source, we are all screwed in a very, very bad way.

Anything is then possible to be raised or destroyed in the press.

4 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

There are videos of biden threatening to pull money away from Ukraine if they don't fire the DA investigating the company his son is on the board of.   You don't believe that, but you believe anonymous sources saying Trump said those words??????

TDS is strong with you.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

The point was this: Deranged Rhino said that when he referred to "anonymous sources," he really meant "no source at all; Jeffrey Goldberg (the Atlantic) just made it up."

And obviously that's not true.

It is true. More anonymous sources confirming anonymous sources does not magically make it true. Again, these are lessons you should have learned from three years of "RUSSIA!" and "HERE COMES MUELLER!". Remember the whole Cohen went to Prague story? That was "confirmed" by several anonymous sources and yet the SCO said they did not exist. Goldberg was also the same guy who in the early 2000s said AQ was linked to Saddam.

He's a highly paid asset of the MiC, his job is to lie to your face. Gotta be smarter, Frank. 

https://www.breitbart.com/2020-election/2020/09/04/jennifer-griffin-of-fox-news-did-not-confirm-most-salacious-part-of-atlantic-story/

Read the article, not the headline. It appears that several reporters confirm that "senior officials" confirmed most everything; the only question is whether Trump called WW1 vets "suckers" as opposed to other vets.

Name them then. 

Oh, you can't. Because they're not real. 

Yet over 10 officials who were there in France went on the record to deny the story. Why do you prioritize anonymous sources over those who give their names? Could it be because you want it to be true? 

Gotta be smarter, Frank. 

And somehow his beloved "Q" doesn't count as "anonymous" because, well, I can't figure that one out.

I have tried, here and in another thread, to understand this reasoning; I can't because it simply defies all logic.

You haven't figured it out because you still haven't taken the time to understand Q. Q doesn't post something and say, "trust me this is true". If they did, then yes that would be relying on an anonymous source. Instead, what Q does is post information/evidence which can be vetted and verified (or debunked) on its own. That's not being an anonymous source -- the source is the information shared openly. 

That you can't discern that difference shows you have much work left to do on your own. You're still sound asleep.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It is true. More anonymous sources confirming anonymous sources does not magically make it true. Again, these are lessons you should have learned from three years of "RUSSIA!" and "HERE COMES MUELLER!". Remember the whole Cohen went to Prague story? That was "confirmed" by several anonymous sources and yet the SCO said they did not exist. Goldberg was also the same guy who in the early 2000s said AQ was linked to Saddam.

He's a highly paid asset of the MiC, his job is to lie to your face. Gotta be smarter, Frank. 

Name them then. 

Oh, you can't. Because they're not real. 

Yet over 10 officials who were there in France went on the record to deny the story. Why do you prioritize anonymous sources over those who give their names? Could it be because you want it to be true? 

Gotta be smarter, Frank. 

You haven't figured it out because you still haven't taken the time to understand Q. Q doesn't post something and say, "trust me this is true". If they did, then yes that would be relying on an anonymous source. Instead, what Q does is post information/evidence which can be vetted and verified (or debunked) on its own. That's not being an anonymous source -- the source is the information shared openly. 

That you can't discern that difference shows you have much work left to do on your own. You're still sound asleep.

And that's what I've learned. All of this Q worship is a different form of wokeness. I don't like either flavor. I prefer to live in a reality based world.

In the end, we won't know (unless there's audio/video) what Trump said and what he didn't say on that particular European trip. He would help himself immensely with popular opinion if he didn't deny the things he clearly has said, like calling McCain a loser. (Honestly, do your Q people know why he feels compelled to lie about such things?) Personally, I believe it's likely he's made such comments about Vietnam vets. Why? Because that fits with other things he's said over the years! He even joked that surviving Studio 54 without getting an STD was his personal Vietnam. It is in character.

I kind of doubt that he called those Americans killed in WW1 "losers." That would be out of character. The people who say they heard it may not have heard it correctly, or in the proper context.

But again: it's NEWS. 4 senior officials reported it. Anonymous sources can be good sources. Corroboration counts; here it was corroborated. This is not the word of one disgruntled former official. It wouldn't stand up in a court of law, nor should it.

The same standards apply to all the Q business, except there's a bigger problem there: because these supposed inside messages are so cryptic, so subject to interpretation, the entire project is basically unfalsifiable. Q's "crumbs" or whatever you call it are thought to have meant X will happen; X doesn't happen; the conclusion you draw isn't "oh, so maybe this Q isn't so well connected after all," it's "oh, we thought it meant X, but it really meant Y; just you wait and see." That brings it into the category of Nostradamus readers, or apocalyptic Book of Revelation interpreters, or (bringing it down to earth) Marxist theorists.

The Trump Disparaging Vets story can be proven or disproved. I assume if you'd asked him "have you ever said you can just go up and grab women by the [nether regions] in 2015?" he'd have replied "no." Likewise if the sources behind this story don't check out, this will be disproved (or as I suspect, disproved in part). The Q crap can never be. Trump wins, it's a glorious restoration. He indicts all kinds of prominent people on child sex trafficking charges, ditto. He wins and no indictment comes? The time isn't right yet. (Why hasn't it happened yet? He's the President and the Attorney General has proven his intense loyalty.) Or maybe he wasn't Messiah Q identified, he was only the John the Baptist in this story, paving the way for the real Messiah (Don Jr.?) He loses? The conspiracy worked and ended his mission. You get it. Unfalsifiable. That's why it's garbage. I said it before, DR: you seem like an intelligent person, but you gotta be smarter than to fall for this.

EDIT: what is the MiC? Military-Industrial Complex? Or some other QRubbish?

Edited by The Frankish Reich

26 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

And that's what I've learned. All of this Q worship is a different form of wokeness.

No one is worshiping Q. Discussing a topic, an important topic, does not equate to worship. In fact, the entire ethos of Q is not to blindly follow but to read and inform yourself in order to make your own decisions. 

27 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I prefer to live in a reality based world.

Then I'd suggest unplugging from the Legacy Media who have proven time and time again to be pushing a false reality for various reasons. Especially stories that rely on only anonymous sources to make their points. That's not living in a reality based world. That's living in a curated world. 

28 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

In the end, we won't know (unless there's audio/video) what Trump said and what he didn't say on that particular European trip. He would help himself immensely with popular opinion if he didn't deny the things he clearly has said, like calling McCain a loser. (Honestly, do your Q people know why he feels compelled to lie about such things?)

McCain was a loser, a traitor, and a bad person. He's rotting in hell right now which is where he belongs along with his legacy. Thinking that Trump acknowledging this truth will be a turn off for Trump voters is just... fantasy. 

Also, no one here is a "Q" person. See above. You're still falling for propaganda rather than reading what I'm saying. 

29 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I kind of doubt that he called those Americans killed in WW1 "losers." That would be out of character. The people who say they heard it may not have heard it correctly, or in the proper context.

Or, more likely, as the 10 people who've gone on record has said: it never happened and is a complete piece of fiction created and coordinated with a very partisan media outlet and the Biden campaign (how else would he have ads spun up less than 24 hours after the story breaks?). 

You say you want to live in reality, but you keep overlooking the people who are manipulating that reality... gotta be smarter, Frank. 

31 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

But again: it's NEWS. 4 senior officials reported it. Anonymous sources can be good sources. Corroboration counts; here it was corroborated. This is not the word of one disgruntled former official. It wouldn't stand up in a court of law, nor should it.

It's not news, it's fake news. 

Anonymous sources CANNOT be good sources on their own. Not without evidence that can be independently vetted. And no, corroboration does not count if it's MORE anonymous sources confirming the first set. You don't even know if it's different officials or just the same disinformation loop. 

Gotta be smarter than that. 

32 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

The same standards apply to all the Q business, except there's a bigger problem there: because these supposed inside messages are so cryptic, so subject to interpretation, the entire project is basically unfalsifiable.

You're VERY obsessed with Q. You would think that if you're so obsessed or threatened by Q, you would have taken the time to investigate it for yourself to either confirm or deny your fears. 

33 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

The Trump Disparaging Vets story can be proven or disproved.

It's been disproven already by 10 on the record witnesses to the trip. Yet, you're saying it's been confirmed. 

Again, for someone who claims he prefers to live in reality, you sure do retreat back into the safety of the false reality curated by the Legacy Media. 

34 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

EDIT: what is the MiC? Military-Industrial Complex?

Yes.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

No one is worshiping Q. Discussing a topic, an important topic, does not equate to worship. In fact, the entire ethos of Q is not to blindly follow but to read and inform yourself in order to make your own decisions. 

Then I'd suggest unplugging from the Legacy Media who have proven time and time again to be pushing a false reality for various reasons. Especially stories that rely on only anonymous sources to make their points. That's not living in a reality based world. That's living in a curated world. 

McCain was a loser, a traitor, and a bad person. He's rotting in hell right now which is where he belongs along with his legacy. Thinking that Trump acknowledging this truth will be a turn off for Trump voters is just... fantasy. 

Also, no one here is a "Q" person. See above. You're still falling for propaganda rather than reading what I'm saying. 

Or, more likely, as the 10 people who've gone on record has said: it never happened and is a complete piece of fiction created and coordinated with a very partisan media outlet and the Biden campaign (how else would he have ads spun up less than 24 hours after the story breaks?). 

You say you want to live in reality, but you keep overlooking the people who are manipulating that reality... gotta be smarter, Frank. 

It's not news, it's fake news. 

Anonymous sources CANNOT be good sources on their own. Not without evidence that can be independently vetted. And no, corroboration does not count if it's MORE anonymous sources confirming the first set. You don't even know if it's different officials or just the same disinformation loop. 

Gotta be smarter than that. 

You're VERY obsessed with Q. You would think that if you're so obsessed or threatened by Q, you would have taken the time to investigate it for yourself to either confirm or deny your fears. 

It's been disproven already by 10 on the record witnesses to the trip. Yet, you're saying it's been confirmed. 

Again, for someone who claims he prefers to live in reality, you sure do retreat back into the safety of the false reality curated by the Legacy Media. 

Yes.

...good show DR...sad to see names of Bills' greats besmirched here as in Kemp or Frank......easy troll tag..................

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

One would think I started the 147 PAGE THREAD that include 2,000 word dissertations analyzing the Wisdom of Q.

I have taken the time -- at first with some very open inquiries -- to try to understand all of this. I have concluded that there is no there there.

6 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

McCain was a loser, a traitor, and a bad person. He's rotting in hell right now which is where he belongs along with his legacy.

What? He lost an election. Why was he a traitor? A bad person? The guy lived his life suffering from the torture inflicted upon him by his North Vietnamese captors and came back to try his best to serve his country in a different way. I honestly don't understand this venom thrown his way. The only thing that explains it: he didn't curtsy to Trump.

I'm a lawyer. I've spent way too many hours of my life trying to figure out who's lying and how to prove it. If I'm Biden, Trump has just thrown me a hanging curve right down the middle by idiotically denying that he called McCain a loser. It's right there on Twitter! I get someone to flat-out demonstrably lie about a little thing, his credibility is destroyed about a big thing. And Trump walked right into it. Stable Genius? Yeah, right.

6 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

One would think I started the 147 PAGE THREAD that include 2,000 word dissertations analyzing the Wisdom of Q.

I have taken the time -- at first with some very open inquiries -- to try to understand all of this. I have concluded that there is no there there.

And yet, you mention it in nearly every post regardless of context. 

10 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

What? He lost an election. Why was he a traitor? A bad person? The guy lived his life suffering from the torture inflicted upon him by his North Vietnamese captors and came back to try his best to serve his country in a different way. I honestly don't understand this venom thrown his way. The only thing that explains it: he didn't curtsy to Trump.

I'm a lawyer. I've spent way too many hours of my life trying to figure out who's lying and how to prove it. If I'm Biden, Trump has just thrown me a hanging curve right down the middle by idiotically denying that he called McCain a loser. It's right there on Twitter! I get someone to flat-out demonstrably lie about a little thing, his credibility is destroyed about a big thing. And Trump walked right into it. Stable Genius? Yeah, right.

....the quote is incorrectly attributed to me....I believe it was a DR post..............

9 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Old Time AFL Guy, you’ve got company. I go back all the way to the old Rockpile days, you know, the stadium formerly known as Losers Memorial Stadium. 😊

You may go back a long way but your memory must be failing because that "Losers Memorial Stadium" is the only stadium in WNY to be the home of Champions.  I never heard it referred to as Losers Memorial.

Wait...did I just post about football.  I think I may have the 'Vid.......

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

You may go back a long way but your memory must be failing because that "Losers Memorial Stadium" is the only stadium in WNY to be the home of Champions.  I never heard it referred to as Losers Memorial.

Wait...did I just post about football.  I think I may have the 'Vid.......

No, I made that up ... just a little joke about calling servicemen who lost their lives "losers"

16 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

What? He lost an election. Why was he a traitor? A bad person? The guy lived his life suffering from the torture inflicted upon him by his North Vietnamese captors and came back to try his best to serve his country in a different way. I honestly don't understand this venom thrown his way.

Because you're sound asleep.