The plan to start the 2020 NFL season: (Update - NFL and NFLPA agree on all issues)

I don't remember which ESPN guy it was, but the question -- about a month ago -- was this: "Are we going to have pro sports this summer/fall?" And the answer was this: "Yes, in that they'll start, but they won't finish." And it's becoming less and less likely that we play anything resembling a full NFL season. If you can't keep a baseball team healthy, how can you possibly do it for a pro football team? You've got traveling parties of about 100 people. You've got anywhere from 8 to 11 guys lined up, sweating, panting, a couple inches from each other's faces. I was thrilled when baseball came back -- thank you, MLB -- and I watched a fair amount this weekend. I desperately want these seasons to go for my own entertainment value. But ... it's not gonna happen.

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I don't remember which ESPN guy it was, but the question -- about a month ago -- was this: "Are we going to have pro sports this summer/fall?" And the answer was this: "Yes, in that they'll start, but they won't finish." And it's becoming less and less likely that we play anything resembling a full NFL season. If you can't keep a baseball team healthy, how can you possibly do it for a pro football team? You've got traveling parties of about 100 people. You've got anywhere from 8 to 11 guys lined up, sweating, panting, a couple inches from each other's faces. I was thrilled when baseball came back -- thank you, MLB -- and I watched a fair amount this weekend. I desperately want these seasons to go for my own entertainment value. But ... it's not gonna happen.

To parlay your "I don't remember which guy said it" thought, I had heard on the radio over the weekend that the overall thoughts on the MLB's plan for starting their season was ill-conceived and poorly planned.  Not sure what all that entails, but might account for the recent "outbreak" on the Marlins.