• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Something is brewing..................

Broncos | First-round Pick Traded to Redskins - from www.KFFL.com

Tue, 19 Apr 2005 15:55:07 -0700

The Denver Broncos have traded their 2005 first-round pick, No. 25 overall, to the Washington Redskins in exchange for three draft choices. The Redskins will send the Broncos their third-round draft choice (No. 76 overall) in the 2005 NFL Draft along with their first-round and fourth-round selections in the 2006 NFL Draft.

Washington has to be the dumbest team of all time. I think everyone but themselves knows they're not going to be good next year so why trade next years first?? There is no chance Washington's first next year is going to be higher the 25th pick. Denver makes out great though.

I might consider trading Nate for #9 & #25....

Meh, not enough, so he stays. :rolleyes:

309694[/snapback]

I'm sure they would take the 9 in a heart beat, considering how rich the draft is with db's. I could see td and tm trading it away to acquire more picks in the 2nd and maybe even the 3rd.

I could see td and tm trading it away to acquire more picks in the 2nd and maybe even the 3rd.

309700[/snapback]

Trade an all-pro for a bunch of potential scrubs, oh boy.

Or is that scrubs with potential. :rolleyes:

Trade an all-pro for a bunch of potential scrubs, oh boy.

Or is that scrubs with potential. :rolleyes:

309705[/snapback]

Iment to trade down to the later part of the first round for a couple of picks in the later rounds. The fact is the bills won't be able to pay Clements what he's going to want next year so why not look into the future? Ya know what though, if you think about it there probably won't even be a trade with the Skins and the Bills to begin with. So what will we be stuck with when Nate leaves... Filling another hole.

Are you kidding?  The rollercoaster would be barrelling down the tracks for the next 2 weeks if we'd made a deal like this.  Oh, the humanity!

309706[/snapback]

The days before the draft would be the best. All the draftniks heads' would explode. "Oh, the possibilities" :rolleyes:

Right, and why the hell isn't he playing LT.  :rolleyes:  I just don't get the philosophy behind that whole deal.

309720[/snapback]

IF JMac can get MW to play at the same level of performance that Nate brings to the table, then I can see maybe keeping him instead, even at RT instead of LT. But right now, MW, though improved, can't touch Nate's value to our team, especially when you include the ST play. For his sake, MW better rework that contract if he wants to stay.