Denver & Washington swap picks

KRT88

Rethink that criticism for a second.  How different is this from the very same deal we made last year?  They want that QB from Auburn who they rate as high as Smith just like we rated Losman up there with Big Ben.  They didn't lose a first round pick, they just moved next year's pick up a year, just like we did.  All they really lost was a 3rd and 4th rounder and we gave up a 2nd rounder which in terms of value is at least on a par with a 3rd and 4th combined.  The only problem for them is that they pulled it off now instead of just before Denver's pick when they could be absolutely sure that Campbell was still on the board.  However, they are probably correct in assuming that no one above 25 is going to take him.

I don't understand why it was brilliant when we did it and complete idiocy when Washington did the same freaking thing.  If you think a 2nd is worth more than a 3rd and 4th, they actually made out better.

310108[/snapback]

Fair enough - for the record, I have always defended Gibbs against people claiming he's "lost it" after 1 freaking year; and I also never said our deal with Dallas was "brilliant", although I do like Losman. I personally think Campbell has bust written all over him, but if they like him they like him.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair enough - for the record, I have always defended Gibbs against people claiming he's "lost it" after 1 freaking year; and I also never said our deal with Dallas was "brilliant", although I do like Losman.  I personally think Campbell has bust written all over him, but if they like him they like him.

310117[/snapback]

I'll like Losman a lot better when he starts playing and winning. For now, all I have is lots of hope with not much to base it on. Not exactly foreign territory for a Bills fan is it? :devil: