Has anyone pulled a hamstring?

Pete

On 6/15/2020 at 5:59 AM, Pete said:

2B5B0717-0A6A-4C49-9C6B-0156616EEE95.jpeg

On 6/15/2020 at 8:30 AM, Pete said:

Thank you Mark.  I'm sorry to hear about your injury.  Mine was nowhere near as severe.  Still it was very painful.  I can only imagine how painful yours was.  When a sprinter locks up and grabs the back of their leg-that has to be intense pain.  

Brother have you tried myofascial massage for your hamstring?  It works out scar tissue which is root source of many hamstring injuries.

Do you think this might be an ACL?

0F7BCA17-79E4-485F-98FE-24043DE73836.png

44 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

Exactly, May Day. I have always had tight hammies despite stretching before activities. I tore my right hammy in my twenties legging out a triple during a charity softball game for muscular dystrophy. I started for home on an overthrow from the outfield and it gave out on me, then the other one popped about halfway to 2/3 down the line. I crawled across home plate. lol I didn't realize how bad the right one was until I looked back a day or so later and saw that the entire back of my leg was a purplish black and blue from where the blood had pooled. That was a scary surprise. It was at least a month before I was feeling right.

Pete...hope you are feeling better soon but, please, no beefcake shots for @Sherlock Holmes

?

I love your choice of shorts Pete...so high that you could only fit a micropocket on there for me to hold:wub:

• Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Augie said:

Hey, @Pete, any updates? Hope it’s improving and I’m curious to know what the heck that is???

Hey Augie, it’s doing much better, thank you for asking.  I’ve been diligent about scar tissue massage, hamstring strengthening, and stretching.  A couple days ago was the first time I could touch my toes in awhile, I couldn’t even bend at waste for about 5 days.  I’m not ready to move on to boring sports yet, so I plan on rehabbing hard and start running again in August.  My father is 74 and skis black diamonds all over the world.  So I must rehab and recover, I have a lot of living to do.  Cheers my friend

• Like (+1) 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/19/2020 at 8:03 AM, Pete said:

Hey Augie, it’s doing much better, thank you for asking.  I’ve been diligent about scar tissue massage, hamstring strengthening, and stretching.  A couple days ago was the first time I could touch my toes in awhile, I couldn’t even bend at waste for about 5 days.  I’m not ready to move on to boring sports yet, so I plan on rehabbing hard and start running again in August.  My father is 74 and skis black diamonds all over the world.  So I must rehab and recover, I have a lot of living to do.  Cheers my friend

I hope you’re healed and better than ever (or close to it)! About 20 years since my one and only hammy injury, and here we go again. Hope it’s no big deal, but I head to a park almost daily where I used to play tennis for a couple hours. For several reasons (it’s just hitting ground strokes or playing doubles, hard courts not clay, etc.) I started walking/jogging this year. It’s a nice half mile loop thru woods, over a creek several times, by the tennis courts (where I walk to take it in wishing I was playing “real” tennis), past the pool, etc. I never do more than 3 miles because, well, I’m an old fart. 

Today, as I’m jogging up an incline...I feel “it”.  Tweaked the hammy! NOTHING like yours, but I know how they can linger, which concerns me. Hobbling about now, hoping this is a quick healer. Sometimes a quickie is a very good thing!