Disappointed in Reed & Aiken

I maybe the only one who thinks this, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Reed extended for 2 years prior to the start of the season.  It will be cap friendly and will seal him up for a couple of more years if he does finally break out an will be cuttable if he doesn't. 

I expect Reed to actually do well this year, and wouldn't be surprised to see 800 yards, 60 catches and 6 TD's.

307799[/snapback]

do you also see JP breaking marinos passing yards record this year?

do you also see JP breaking marinos passing yards record this year?

307858[/snapback]

No.

I see Moulds getting 80 or so catches and around 11-1200 yards. Evans will get about 65 and close to 1000. Actually I wouldn't be surprised to see less numbers from one or the other due to injuries.

I don;t see much from the TE's to be honest, and Mcgahee and other backs should get 30 or so ctaches for 300 yards.

That is roughly 3200 yards and 240 completions.

No. 

I see Moulds getting 80 or so catches and around 11-1200 yards.  Evans will get about 65 and close to 1000.  Actually I wouldn't be surprised to see less numbers from one or the other due to injuries.

I don;t see much from the TE's to be honest, and Mcgahee and other backs should get 30 or so ctaches for 300 yards. 

That is roughly 3200 yards and 240 completions.

307863[/snapback]

Injuries aside, how many wins?

Injuries aside, how many wins?

307872[/snapback]

Tough to tell until we figure out who the LT is and whether Losman can do it in crunch time.

I think with Mcgahee in that Losman will have more time, as Drew did last year, just because he keeps teams honest and is a better blocker.

That said, I think our defense will suffer some if Mcgee is still a starting corner as teams will be able to review film from last year and take advantage of him.

I expect Reed to actually do well this year, and wouldn't be surprised to see 800 yards, 60 catches and 6 TD's.

307799[/snapback]

Isn't that a lot of catchs going to our 3WR on the team.....If you expect

Moulds and Evans to have close to 80 to 90 catches each, then you are

talking about lot of throwing from Losman. I doub't Losman gets to

throw so much. Even Big Ben was given a conservative play calling

and was asked to throw 15 to 20 times a game.

Isn't that a lot of catchs going to our 3WR on the team.....If you expect

Moulds and Evans to have close to 80 to 90 catches each, then you are

talking about lot of throwing from Losman.  I doub't Losman gets to

throw so much.  Even Big Ben was given a conservative play calling

and was asked to throw 15 to 20 times a game.

307915[/snapback]

Ben had 275 -passes in 13 starts. Which is 21 passes per game.

I expect with only Willis as a true threat on the team Losman will have to throw closer to 25-30 times per game to keep a 50-50 split on runs to passes.

If he completes 65% or so that is about 17 completions per game.

Moulds average 5 gets him 80 catches

Evans averages 4 gets him 64 catches

Running backs average 2 per gets them 32

TE average 2.5 per game gets them 40

That leaves about 3.5 catches average for everyone else. If Reed averages 3 per game that gets him 56 catches.

As far as yards go, expecting Losman to average 200 is not asking a lot. Ben had 2600 yards in 13 starts and that was throwing less.

Ben had 275 -passes in 13 starts.  Which is 21 passes per game. 

I expect with only Willis as a true threat on the team Losman will have to throw closer to 25-30 times per game to keep a 50-50 split on runs to passes.

If he completes 65% or so that is about 17 completions per game. 

Moulds average 5 gets him 80 catches

Evans averages 4 gets him 64 catches

Running backs average 2 per gets them 32

TE average 2.5 per game gets them 40

That leaves about 3.5 catches average for everyone else.  If Reed averages 3 per game that gets him 56 catches.

As far as yards go, expecting Losman to average 200 is not asking a lot.  Ben had 2600 yards in 13 starts and that was throwing less.

307925[/snapback]

That seems pretty reasonable. Where I would differ is that I expect the running backs to get a lot more receptions. Especially if Losman knows how to throw a screen pass and swing pass and dump pass and flat pass the way Drew couldn't. Plus the Bills were pleasantly surprised by Shelton's hands. Not to mention the fact that since he scrambles a lot, there could be a lot of dump offs to the RBs. I expect more like 3-4 per game from the backs.

Also, Losman's "rawness" isn't the same thing as a lot of rookie and first year quarterbacks who struggle because they don't have the skills and the goods. He has the experience and the legs and the smarts and the talent. His problems to me are going to be the bad reads and the mistakes, throwing the ball where he shouldn't, rather than not being able to get the ball downfield. Big Ben is a cautious quarterback, at least that is the way he played for the Steelers. I don't really see The Bills doing that even though we will run Willis a lot. Losman could very well put up high passing yard numbers, but with a bunch of interceptions, although he wasn't known for that in college.

He's not a rookie.

308063[/snapback]

He is not rookie technically, but he is a rookie from the perspective of

starting football games in this league. My comment was not bring JP

down in any way, but the fact that to ask the rookie to do so much

with a team that still has its OL unsettled is asking a bit too much.

Plus, I really can't see the 1st WR catching 5 catches, the 2nd catching

4 and the 3rd catching 3.....When the team is in rhythm, the offense is

going to go to the 2 main wideouts...

If we can get an additional 2nd, like the eagles 2nd, I would be extremely happy to get Vincent Jackson, GREAT size 6'5" 240-sub 4.5 speed, can spread the field and block.

but I wouldn't use the only 2nd we have.

I am hoping that he falls to the 3rd round, but it's unlikely

I'm not disappointed in Aiken, yet. Yet as in if he doesnt step it up this year like his N.C. companion Ronald Curry did last year then yeah i"ll be disappointed. Reed, well he's had time and opportunity to step up his game and he hasnt. He could be replaced with ease, by a 3rd rounder, say Mathis from Hampton, I think its Hampton...or Howard cant remember right now.

Roddy White

Official Bio College: U.A.B. Height: 6-11/4

Position: Wide Receiver Weight: 207

Class: Senior 40-Yard: 4.45

SCOUTING REPORT

Strengths: Has excellent speed and quickness...Has a decent size and frame...Very athletic and adjusts to the ball well...Physical player...Has good hands and uses them well...A threat to score at anytime...Does a nice job getting open...A big play threat and a playmaker.

Weaknesses: Has been mostly just a deep threat in college and may be a bit....Needs to work on his route running...Isn't a great blocker...Doesn't really create after the catch...Probably not as big as his school lists him.

Notes: A bit of a sleeper whose stock is on the rise...Has some impressive physical tools and his big play ability is exciting...Not a finished product but has been very productive and teams will love his playmaking ability.

Scott Wright

Chris Henry

Official Bio College: West Virginia Height: 6-4

Position: Wide Receiver Weight: 197

Class: Junior 40-Yard: 4.42

SCOUTING REPORT

Strengths: Has been very productive the last two years...Is a big play waiting to happen...Has great size...Speed is good...Is an excellent natural athlete...Has great leaping ability and ball skills...Can run after the catch...Still has a ton of upside...A playmaker.

Weaknesses: Very raw and has a long ways to go in terms of technique and route running...Character is a major question mark...Very immature...Doesn't have a lot of experience...A project who will need a lot of development.

Notes: Has as much potential as any wideout available...Junior season was very turbulent and included team suspensions, temper tantrums and even a game ejection...Any team drafting him will be making a gamble on greatness with both a high risk as well as a high reward factor.

- Scott Wright

Courtney Roby

Official Bio College: Indiana Height: 6-01/8

Position: Wide Receiver Weight: 189

Class: Senior 40-Yard: 4.33

SCOUTING REPORT

Strengths: Has excellent speed...Very quick...Good hands...Always a threat to run after the catch...Dangerous playmaker who defenses have to account for deep...Fearless and will give up his body to make the catch...Strong character and hard worker.

Weaknesses: Only average size...Has a slight frame and needs to bulk up and get stronger...Upside could be limited and he may top out as a #2 or slot receiver.

Notes: Also a top sprinter in college...Former NFL All-Pro punter Reggie Roby is Courtney’s cousin...Had a great senior campaign and really helped himself in terms of the draft.

- Scott Wright

Mark Bradley

Official Bio College: Oklahoma Height: 6-13/8

Position: Wide Receiver Weight: 201

Class: Senior 40-Yard: 4.40

SCOUTING REPORT

Strengths: A threat to score everytime he touches the ball...Explosive...Good size...Very good speed...Emerged as a major big play threat in his final season with the Sooners.

Weaknesses: Pretty much a one year wonder after transferring from Arkansas-Pine Bluff...Had the luxury of playing with Mark Clayton, who received the majority of attention from defenses.

Notes: Came through with a monster senior campain and really improved his pro stock...A bit of a sleeper who could see his stock rise with good workouts.

- Scott Wright

Matt Jones

Official Bio College: Arkansas Height: 6-61/4

Position: Wide Receiver Weight: 242

Class: Senior 40-Yard: 4.39

SCOUTING REPORT

Strengths: Is an amazing natural athlete...Has very good size and knows how to use it...Speed is extremely deceptive...Has a lot of potential and showed he has the ability to make the move to wideout in Mobile at the Senior Bowl...Very tough...Appeared to have good hands...Fiery player with a great competitive spirit...Team leader.

Weaknesses: Very raw and has never played a position other than quarterback...Will need a lot of work and development...May be too laid back and lackadaisical for some people...Is he truly dedicated to the game of football or was basketball his true love?...A project who will be a gamble for whoever selects him.

Notes: Was also a top high school basketball player and saw some time on the court with the Razorbacks...Could also project to quarterback or tight end in the pros...Interesting prospect who really doesn't have a clear position...May be the best overall athlete available.

- Scott Wright

Vincent Jackson

Official Bio College: Northern Colorado Height: 6-43/4

Position: Wide Receiver Weight: 241

Class: Senior 40-Yard: 4.4

SCOUTING REPORT

Strengths: Excellent size and height...Good speed...Very good athletic ability...Strong...Has good hands...Will jump over defensive backs to make the grab...Also a good punt returner...A playmaker who has a knack for making the big play and scoring touchdowns.

Weaknesses: Did not play against a top level of competition...May be too big to play wideout in the pros and could grow into a tight end...Isn't a great route runner and doesn't look smooth...Inconsistent and needs to show more effort...Isn't much of a threat to run after the catch.

Notes: Prospect with a lot of upside and potential...Also played basketball in college...One of the top sleeper prospects in the draft and a player on the rise.

- Scott Wright

Craphonso Thorpe

Official Bio College: Florida St. Height: 6-07/8

Position: Wide Receiver Weight: 188

Class: Senior 40-Yard: 4.47

SCOUTING REPORT

Strengths: Playmaker...Has great speed...Good height...Is a very good athlete...Has great leaping ability and can outjump cornerbacks...Knows how to go up and get the ball...Tough player who is willing to block...Hasn't yet reached his potential.

Weaknesses: Frame a little slight and could stand to add some weight...Needs to work on technique...Durability may be a question after he suffered a broken leg at the end of the 2003 season...Struggles to beat the bump....Not a great route runner.

Notes: Did not have the big senior year most were expecting...Also a track star for the Seminoles...Still getting better and still has some upside...Has the type of size, speed and athleticism that is sure to make scouts drool in workouts.

- Scott Wright

Roydell Williams

Official Bio College: Tulane Height: 6-03/4

Position: Wide Receiver Weight: 188

Class: Senior 40-Yard: 4.48

SCOUTING REPORT

Strengths: Good natural athlete...Tough and very strong...Not afraid to go over the middle for a catch...Has very solid hands...Good height...Does all the little things.

Weaknesses: Doesn't have the top speed you look for...Is too thin and needs to add bulk...Won't be a deep threat in the pros...Upside is limited and will never be a star...May have some durability concerns.

Notes: Was actually drafted to play pro baseball by the Cincinnati Reds out of high school...The type of guy who doesn't do anything great but everything well...Could make it as a backup or possession receiver at the pro level.

- Scott Wright

Chase Lyman

Official Bio College: California Height: 6-25/8

Position: Wide Receiver Weight: 217

Class: Senior 40-Yard: 4.49

SCOUTING REPORT

Strengths: Has excellent size and a solid build...Has excellent speed and is a good athlete...A physical receiver...Very productive when healthy...Smart player...Has good hands...Was having an excellent senior season before getting injured...Still has a high upside.

Weaknesses: Coming back from yet another injury and durability will be a major concern...Can't stay on the field...Most recent knee injury will have to check out...Still raw and hasn't played a lot...A boom or bust player who will be a major risk.

Notes: Father Brad played for UCLA and late the Houston Oilers in the NFL...Physical tools are very intriguing and he could end up being a steal if he can ever stay healthy.

- Scott Wright

Isaac West

Official Bio College: Furman Height: 5-113/4

Position: Wide Receiver Weight: 187

Class: Senior 40-Yard: 4.37

SCOUTING REPORT

Strengths: Very fast and quick...Elusive and an excellent runner after the catch...Tremendous natural athlete with a 38-inch vertical jump...Very strong and physical...Productive at his level.

Weaknesses: Raw and will need to be developed...Didn't play against a lot of top competition which is a concern, although he excelled against Pittsburgh in 2004...Height is only average.

Notes: Also participates in Furman’s track and field program...Had a nice senior campaign...Could be one of the top sleepers in the Draft.

- Scott Wright

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/rankings/wr.html