Clements for a #9? Take it TD!!!!!!!!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The biggest factor determining whether we resign Nate is likely more to do with Nate than TD or Ralph Wilson. Somehow Nate Clements doesn't appear to be the guy to give a hometown discount, or to say I really want to stay in Buffalo my whole career because I'm a blue-collar guy and these are blue collar fans. Nate wants to be told Nate is great and that means cash and exposure.

I still think he may resign, but it will only be if the Bills offer him equal to or close to what other teams are offering him. He does NOT under any circumstances seem like he will resign early and avoid FA, especially because there aren't a lot of CBs coming out next year. He would be dumb to do it unless he's offered 15 million now and he's not going to be. He's got a great thing going and he is going after (and is going to hit) the jackpot, and prime time TV exposure.

307815[/snapback]

I agree with this entire post, except I would not rule out the possibility of a team offering him a 15 million dollar bonus now. I only say this because of Winfield and Smoot. NC is clearly superior to both, and they got huge bonuses

For instance, imagine what a difference NC could make to the Chiefs, who are looking for a corner, and trying to rebuild their defense.

NC would be wise to sign now with the Bills to secure his future against injury as did Schobel, but like you, I dont sense that he sees it that way.

Amen!

But Rico...Bro...Please refrain from any common sense Posts for the next week or so...There's "We Draft Picks" blood in the water, and TSW is full of sharks... :lol: 

What's next? Trade JP for a shot at Alex Smith?  :)

BTW...I think we can keep Big Mike and Nate...At least I hope we do...  :lol:

307654[/snapback]

"I don't watch any college football games, so I've never seen him play,

but everything I've read about this player on the Internet and in my draft guides tells me he can't miss. :lol:

Let's trade up for him" :doh::lol:

Also, Wash is dying to get rid of Rod Gardner, who would look fine as a #3 in a stretch offense with a mobile QB.

307295[/snapback]

Forget about Gardner. He is looking for a new contract with big upfront money

to play the 1st or 2nd WR position in the team...He is not coming to Buffalo.

If Clements wants more than what Winfield got, he will be gone next year unless he takes his game up a level this year.  He is not as good as Spikes, thus I don't see him getting more than TKO's deal.

307826[/snapback]

The supply of good CBs versus good LBs is also relevant here. The best linebackers do not command the salary the best cornerbacks do, so Spikes' salary really doesn't have anything to do with Clements.

The best player on your defense should be the highest paid.  If you pay Clements more than Spikes, I would think Spikes wouldn't be too happy about it and rightfully so.  Didn't Spikes have almost as many picks as Clements this year?

307941[/snapback]

i think spikes would be thrilled if the bills signed clements long-term -- that would make spikes a better player and more importantly give the bills a better chance of winning, which is what he came here for.......

on the other hand, if he gets away i think spikes along with a lot of the other vets on the defense (and team) will be very disappointed and be seriously questioning the priorities of management (and rightfully so)........

The best player on your defense should be the highest paid.  If you pay Clements more than Spikes, I would think Spikes wouldn't be too happy about it and rightfully so.  Didn't Spikes have almost as many picks as Clements this year?

307941[/snapback]

The best player on your team should be the highest paid...

Nate's level of performance is a lot closer to TKO's than MW's is, and

I'd sooner pay Nate $9M than MW...

PAY NATE & FIX MW'S CONTRACT , TD!!! :D

on the other hand, if he gets away i think spikes along with a lot of the other vets on the defense (and team) will be very disappointed and be seriously questioning the priorities of management (and rightfully so)........

307950[/snapback]

Not that I'm arguing this point, and not that I think that what TKO thinks matters a whit to what management does, but does anyone know how popular Nate is with his teammates?

Not that I'm arguing this point, and not that I think that what TKO thinks matters a whit to what management does, but does anyone know how popular Nate is with his teammates?

307958[/snapback]

Two summers ago i was at a pick up basketball game with a few friends where a lot of the Bills were playing. Fletcher, Moulds, Clements, and several others were there (a lot of players that were borderline Bills, Brady McDonald, etc.) He certainly seemed part of the clique back then, although he seemed to be the guy that everyone made fun of but was still friendly with. Nate is my favorite Bill, but he surprised me at how much of a wuss he was on the court. He would call every touch foul to the point where the guys that were waiting for the next game were rolling on the floor laughing (Moulds included). Not sure if that answers your question or not, but it was a fun Bills experience to share anyway.

BTW my team consisted of McDonald, Kevin Thomas, myself and two friends from my high school team, we got ran 11-2 off of the court. There was no stopping fletcher once he got the ball at the top of the key.