Clements to washington for #9 plus per espn radio?

I didn't actually hear this myself just ran across this on the KFFL message boards. Maybe someone else can elaborate more

ESPN radio is talking about a behind the scenes conversation between Snyder and Donahoe.

They said Clements could be in Washington for the #9 pick and a package of later picks. Sorta makes sense i guess, with the Greg Williams tie. Anyone have any more info on it, i just caught the end of the discussion earlier. Blew my mind a little at first but i guess it's not absurd speculation.

The final word is obviously the key one, but The Bills could have a HUGE impact on the top 10 this year between Henry and now apparently Nate Clements

Its just speculation...the guy who posted it is a HUGE Bills homer (I mean, we all are to an extent, but damn that guy acts like everybody decent in the NFL should sign Bills contracts out of principle).

I dont see this trade ever happening...even in a weak draft, a #9 overall pick for a player who has one year remaining on his contract? Just doesnt make any sense at all.

Still though, this was reported last week to be a rumor behind the scenes so there may be some validity to it. Assume it is. Do we stay at #9 or try and work down for more? I know they would love to have an assortment of second and third rounders, where the value is!!!!

Late

Still though, this was reported last week to be a rumor behind the scenes so there may be some validity to it. Assume it is. Do we stay at #9 or try and work down for more? I know they would love to have an assortment of second and third rounders, where the value is!!!!

Late

307047[/snapback]

No way no how are you getting the #9 pick in the draft for Nate Clements. Unless you give up your 2nd rounder and/or a #1 next year as well.

Crack kills

No way no how are you getting the #9 pick in the draft for Nate Clements.    Unless you give up your 2nd rounder and/or a #1 next year as well.

Crack kills

307049[/snapback]

Yeah no way a team could get a #1 pick for a 24 year old pro bowl cb just entering his prime. How ridiculously asinine for any of us to think so. I mean it's not like clements is only 10x's better at his position than peerless price was/is :angry: Let's just not report on rumors stated by other people anymore

P.S I don't think this trade is going to happen myself, nor do I want it to, as the only person in the top 10 of this draft I'd be remotly interested in is Mike Williams.

Things is Clements is a known quantity, why draft a player and pay him the same money who may not start this year or ever. Year after year teams that draft high are getting left holding the bag with large contract to players who dont live up to expections.

If they are going to pay the money they want it to be for a sure thing, Clements is that.

I'm not in favor of trading Nate, unless we would somehow trade Travis for Rhonde Barber, which I highly doubt. But another factor to think of about resigning him, is, unfortunately, next year there isn't a lot of free agents at CB. Apparently, if you don't count Woodson or Surtain, who will likely have long term deals somewhere before next year's FA starts, the next best CB seems to be Will Allen, who ain't all that good. That fact makes Nate's price go substantially up, although it does improve our chances of a Franchise and trade if we cannot resign him.

From the Pencil Neck Geek:

Next year's free agent cornerback class is going be thin. Nate Clements of the Bills is the only sure bet and tops the class. Charles Woodson of the Raiders is technically a free next year but he is an unsigned franchise player looking for a long-term deal. Patrick Surtain of the Dolphins is free but he is awaiting a trade and a long-term deal. The Giants' Allen is the next name but he is coming off a tough season.

Is it just me, or does anyone else think we should hold on to our best CB?? But whats this look like to you guys....Nate and Travis for a mid 1st round pick (as you can see I'm not sure whos around there that needs Travis)....with that mid 1st we take Carlos Rogers, CB from Auburn. Is that worth it or would Donahoe say "so what did we GAIN from that"??

Of course Thurman's Helmet isnt going to like the deal, then again he seems to just lurk for situations like these to prop up the Pats and put down the Bills, such is life.

If the Bills do this, I am going to start wondering if Billy Beane, the Oakland A's GM, is running this team, lets trade some of our best guys BEFORE they hit their prime and amass young talent so we can compete.

Just sign NC already TD, if they do not, I will really be down on TD and RW, and it will prove once and for all this 'cap' isnt so hard. Im sorry, but I just cannot see how one team can amass talent every year like the $kin$ do and not be in cap hell.

Bills = A's if this goes down.

I didn't actually hear this myself just ran across this on the KFFL message boards. Maybe someone else can elaborate more

ESPN radio is talking about a behind the scenes conversation between Snyder and Donahoe.

They said Clements could be in Washington for the #9 pick and a package of later picks. Sorta makes sense i guess, with the Greg Williams tie. Anyone have any more info on it, i just caught the end of the discussion earlier. Blew my mind a little at first but i guess it's not absurd speculation.

The final word is obviously the key one, but The Bills could have a HUGE impact on the top 10 this year between Henry and now apparently Nate Clements

307037[/snapback]

here we go.

next lets find a way to get matt jones right?

Its just speculation...the guy who posted it is a HUGE Bills homer (I mean, we all are to an extent, but damn that guy acts like everybody decent in the NFL should sign Bills contracts out of principle).

I dont see this trade ever happening...even in a weak draft, a #9 overall pick for a player who has one year remaining on his contract?  Just doesnt make any sense at all.

307040[/snapback]

If Greg is involved the "Just dosen't make any sense at all" may make some sense after all! :angry:

Yeah no way a team could get a #1 pick for a 24 year old pro bowl cb just entering his prime. How ridiculously asinine for any of us to think so.  I mean it's not like clements is only 10x's better at his position than peerless price was/is :angry:  Let's just not report on rumors stated by other people anymore

Yeah, TOTALLY ridiculous! I mean the Redskins never make stupid/outlandish trades, Gregg Williams has no ties with Nate, and you actually need to give a team a 1st rounder AND a Pro Bowl CB to get a trade done these days. :doh:

I'd pass on that deal. Losman and our offensive line are enough question marks for me in our starting lineup. Trade Clements for a draft pick and draft a CB. That almost sounds like making a trade for the sake of making a trade, how about we just pony up the cash and get a new contract or an extension for Clements?

This is not shocking, really. Washington went from the days of Champ Bailey, Darrell Green and Fred Smoot, to now which is Shawn Springs and who the hell knows what else. Bailey netted a franchise runner in Clinton Portis, so they understand the value of a shutdown corner.

If they offer #9 overall and, say, a third rounder, it might be too tempting for TD to pass up. Particularly if he's operating with the idea that he's going to have to move Nate next year anyway.

A year of Vincent and McGee and whichever high pick we tab at corner is not all that farfetched, and the bonus picks we accumulate might allow us to nab a true ballhawking free safety... someone like a Bill Simpson or Jeff Nixon to go with our Leonard Smith of the oughts, Laywer Milloy.