OT Divorce

Jeez what a site this is. peoples fathers dying and people getting divorced!

I have had to deal with both of these issues so I have already offered up on the bereavement thread and now this.

Speaking from my own experience, I would tell you this is most important especially having had a friend go through a divorce recently and do exactly the opposite of what I did.

You must be comfortable being alone.

Once you are happy with yourself, you can move on. If not you are only asking for more trouble and heartache.

In the short term though, like someone said earlier in this thread, hit The Sundowner :D

If that doesn't make you happy, forget it!

Things will get worse before they get better but just remember things WILL GET BETTER....

Good luck my friend...Its never easy. There is no magic formula. Make sure you learn why this happened and try not to make the same mistakes in your NEXT relationship.....

you'll get better......things will get better....repeat after me......things will get better....

I got my divorce Decree today and its been a rough one. Im trying to figure myself out anymore. My question to you guys that have been divorced or even those married how did you get through it or suggest to.

306639[/snapback]

One piece of advice....don't turn into a hermit. Go out and meet new people, call friends, do things. When I got divorced I promised myself I would never turn down a chance to go somewhere or do something, I would always take the inititive to meet people and especially women. That part has been fun. There are millions of single women out there....go meet them and have fun! You'll figure out the answers to your questions about the divorce along the way.

Jeez what a site this is. peoples fathers dying and people getting divorced!

I have had to deal with both of these issues so I have already offered up on the bereavement thread and now this.

306691[/snapback]

The rest are busy downloading copyright material off the internet. Speaking of which, where is TracyLee at?

I got my divorce Decree today and its been a rough one. Im trying to figure myself out anymore. My question to you guys that have been divorced or even those married how did you get through it or suggest to.

306639[/snapback]

to make the move on the big D, you should already consider yourself as "moving on". Otherwise, don't do it.

One piece of advice....don't turn into a hermit.  Go out and meet new people, call friends, do things.  When I got divorced I promised myself I would never turn down a chance to go somewhere or do something, I would always take the inititive to meet people and especially women.  That part has been fun.  There are millions of single women out there....go meet them and have fun!  You'll figure out the answers to your questions about the divorce along the way.

306696[/snapback]

That's correct. If the drinkin don't kill ya the thinkin will. Don't get stuck thinking about things. Just keep finding something to DO and it will be a lot easier ... and fun!

306639[/snapback]

I am on #3. We have been together 14years & I really love her, even so,I find myself thinking of my first wife from time to time.