Why 17 games is a bad idea

stuvian

On 2/22/2020 at 1:30 PM, stuvian said:

What makes the NFL great is that fewer games make each one meaningful. Watering down the product will make it indistinguishable from upstarts like the XFL. 

Simple formula.  More regular season games means more ticket and concession revenue.  And the big one, a larger TV contract.

Wear and tear on players, you don't really think they give a crap about that do you? Just adds drama.  $$$$$$$$ pure and simple $$$$$$$$

Edited by CodeMonkey
  • Like (+1) 1

I guess like many I'm simply a fan of symmetry ha ha. And 12 out of 32 teams going to the playoffs meant it was HARD. Just ask... us Bills fans ha ha.

But it's changed, so, moot point. Hopefully they don't go the 16 teams in the playoff route. I recall when the NHL had 16 out of 21 team doing so. The regular season meant (and still does mean) nothing. What makes the NFL great is the intensity. The season is short yet feels so long as the energy is cranked to 11 for months.

I always liked more games. I'd be good if they eventually go to 18. 

The ONLY thing I don't like is I kinda wish the playoffs would be starting right around new years weekend.  Minor issue though, but I can't think of a problem with 17 or 18 games.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.