Lions ProBowl CB Darius Slay is on the block - Rams in on it

Reed83HOF

14 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

They are going to be the thinnest roster in the league, but they acquire enough talent and stay healthy and their window remains open.

I don't think Goff is a championship caliber QB.  He's too soft.  Honestly at times remind me of Jim Everett.  If the Rams cant play defense, they won't win with Goff IMO.  There is a clear blue print to slow him and the Rams offense down, and come playoff time, I don't want to lean on Goff to carry the team through tough games.  

If I was the Rams I would be trying to trade Gurley as they aren't using him like they are paying him and focusing on how to reload that defense.  And even with the talent they do have, they seem to underperform.  So not a guarantee adding another player like Slay can fix their issues, but if I am the Rams that is still where I am focused...defense.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Yeah I dont know.....last year things started to downturn for them........

They had a down year no doubt, but they have a boatload of talent. Gurley gets healthy and they add Slay to that defensive core and they could win 10 games in that division I think.

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I don't think Goff is a championship caliber QB.  He's too soft.  Honestly at times remind me of Jim Everett.  If the Rams cant play defense, they won't win with Goff IMO.  There is a clear blue print to slow him and the Rams offense down, and come playoff time, I don't want to lean on Goff to carry the team through tough games.  

If I was the Rams I would be trying to trade Gurley as they aren't using him like they are paying him and focusing on how to reload that defense.  And even with the talent they do have, they seem to underperform.  So not a guarantee adding another player like Slay can fix their issues, but if I am the Rams that is still where I am focused...defense.  

Nothing is a guaranteed fix. Goff is a capable QB, McVay is the one who needs to make some adjustments.

It also costs them cap space to move on from Gurley at this point in time.

14 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Nobody is taking Gurley off of their hands unless they retain serious salary.

• Like (+1) 2