RIP John Andretti-Another Cancer Victim

OldTimeAFLGuy

....sad news........

NASCAR driver John Andretti dead at 56 after cancer battle

By Michael Marot | Associated Press 4:45 PM

INDIANAPOLIS – John Andretti, a member of one of auto racing's most famous families and the first driver to attempt the Indianapolis 500 and NASCAR's 600-mile race in North Carolina on the same day, has died. He was 56 and had spent the last three years battling colon cancer.

Andretti Autosports, which is owned by Andretti's cousin, Michael, announced the death Thursday.

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/nascar-driver-john-andretti-dead-cancer

2 hours ago, Gray Beard said:

That’s awfully young.  What a shame.  Many people don’t get a colonoscopy until 55, which would have been too late.  Might not have been fatal if he had caught it earlier.  Dang.  

Most people don't get a colonoscopy because their doctors rip them off and attempt to put them in the poor house.  I had mine at 50... Ain't going back to those crooks... The doctor wants me back in 2 more years... Both my employer and I pay insurance almost $20k a year... The anesthesiologist wanted 2 extra grand from outta my pocket... No way Jose!  No wonder they want you back every 2-3 years.

In 2 years... I am putting my foot down with my primary care doctor... If you want me to go back, I better not get scammed again.  I want estimate up front.  Just like a car repair bill.  LoL...  Sorry... Two expensive, see you if I get cancer. 

Yeah... This is a bad attitude... But the crooked doctors will kill you one way or another. I gotta ton of life insurance, at least my family will get that rather than all of us being up to our gills in debt.

R.I.P...

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Most people don't get a colonoscopy because their doctors rip them off and attempt to put them in the poor house.  I had mine at 50... Ain't going back to those crooks... The doctor wants me back in 2 more years... Both my employer and I pay insurance almost $20k a year... The anesthesiologist wanted 2 extra grand from outta my pocket... No way Jose!  No wonder they want you back every 2-3 years.

In 2 years... I am putting my foot down with my primary care doctor... If you want me to go back, I better not get scammed again.  I want estimate up front.  Just like a car repair bill.  LoL...  Sorry... Two expensive, see you if I get cancer. 

Yeah... This is a bad attitude... But the crooked doctors will kill you one way or another. I gotta ton of life insurance, at least my family will get that rather than all of us being up to our gills in debt.

R.I.P...

Your insurance company saw you coming.  I’ve had two and very little if anything out of pocket. 

And they should only want you back in 2 years if they saw something or you have a family history.  If they want you back in 2 years for either of those reasons you do it.  ***** the cost. 

Edited by Chef Jim
  • Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Your insurance company saw you coming.  I’ve had two and very little if anything out of pocket. 

And they should only want you back in 2 years if they saw something or you have a family history.  If they want you back in 2 years for either of those reasons you do it.  ***** the cost. 

3 years.  1 has passed.  There was a pollyup.

Nothing to do with insurance company... They paid... Rip off anesthesiologist want more.  They never got it.  ***** them... If they would have been up front, like a car repair... I would have told them to get lost.

I do have BC & BS...  Oh... I will get another one... Except I will make sure what's paid.

I had one 25 years ago.  Nothing.  Shot of Demerol... I thought the same with the last one.  Now, they put you under.  Crazy.

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

3 years.  1 has passed.  There was a pollyup.

Nothing to do with insurance company... They paid... Rip off anesthesiologist want more.  They never got it.  ***** them... If they would have been up front, like a car repair... I would have told them to get lost.

I do have BC & BS...  Oh... I will get another one... Except I will make sure what's paid.

I had one 25 years ago.  Nothing.  Shot of Demerol... I thought the same with the last one.  Now, they put you under.  Crazy.

Tell them not to put you under. They never put me under. I watched on the monitor. I had a throat issue so the second one the did colonoscopy and endoscopy at the same time. Again just a shot. I asked if they were going do pound in a golden spike in the middle. ?

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Tell them not to put you under. They never put me under. I watched on the monitor. I had a throat issue so the second one the did colonoscopy and endoscopy at the same time. Again just a shot. I asked if they were going do pound in a golden spike in the middle. ?

LoL...

Now I know!  They were wheeling people in one after another.  Next time I will say no to going under.  I wanna be up... That way if they perf me... I can see.  My sister is a nurse, you'd be shocked how many they mess up.

Had endoscopy 25 years ago too.  The doc used a Dremel like tool to clean lungs... LoL... Sounded like a dentistry drill.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Yeah...Hopefully... It helps people to get checked and hopefully not played by insurance/doctors.  Again, I got a bad attitude, bad experience, lots has to change.  Given he was relatively wealthy, shouldn't been a problem. The ones they can snow are the unsuspecting one's like me.

Sad that he passed away so young...