The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

1 minute ago, meazza said:

Thanks for the reality check.  The masks are again, to reduce the chance of a covid carrier who may not know it transmit it to someone else.  Obviously washing your hands and covering your mouth are fantastic ways of doing this.  

Not sure what the problem is. 

What’s the slippery slope? Mandating people to wear a mask when walking into my business is to protect myself and other customers.  

I think you should wear a burka. What’s the problem with that? It protects me from whatever germs you are carrying.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I think you should wear a burka. What’s the problem with that? It protects me from whatever germs you are carrying.

Is there scientific evidence that me wearing a burka prevents me from transmitting my germs to you?

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Same evidence that a Frito Bandito mask does.

Incorrect.  A mask blocks you from possibly transmitting the virus when speaking with someone.  Does it protect you? Probably not.

Just now, Reality Check said:

If Trudeau orders it, you will do it. I think that is great. 

Trudeau has not gotten involved in the management of this virus, it has been at the provincial level and it is recommended but not mandated.

Why the sarcasm? You hide just as the lefties with multiple profiles and troll when I haven’t been disrespectful or trolled. I am not billsstime or Gary or tibs.

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

The video doesn't. 

Spooks inside the USIC are though. A lot of them.

Then why is breaking 911 saying it based on a clip that doesn’t say it?

13 minutes ago, meazza said:

Incorrect.  A mask blocks you from possibly transmitting the virus when speaking with someone.  Does it protect you? Probably not.

Only if it's a proper mask, worn properly. Most aren't. 

Just now, meazza said:

Then why is breaking 911 saying it based on a clip that doesn’t say it?

We might be talking past one another -- the clip is only for Pompeo, who has loudly been saying that it came from a lab (now with evidence to back it up apparently). I added the second part because it's coming from people I talk to in that line of work.

• Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Only if it's a proper mask, worn properly. Most aren't. 

If you’re breathing into a mask or a scarf, how do you transmit the virus assuming you don’t touch your mask and touch an object?

1 minute ago, meazza said:

Trudeau has not gotten involved in the management of this virus, it has been at the provincial level and it is recommended but not mandated.

Why the sarcasm? You hide just as the lefties with multiple profiles and troll when I haven’t been disrespectful or trolled. I am not billsstime or Gary or tibs.

No sarcasm here. I was trying to be supportive. Your rejection of my supporting your obedience to authority is a bit odd. What is it exactly that you don't want to do? 

Just now, meazza said:

If you’re breathing into a mask or a scarf, how do you transmit the virus assuming you don’t touch your mask and touch an object?

Not every mask or scarf blocks the particulates. Hence the silliness of it. Some weaves are looser, some masks are poorly made, and even more people don't know how to properly use them even when they have the proper ones. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

No sarcasm here. I was trying to be supportive. Your rejection of my supporting your obedience to authority is a bit odd. What is it exactly that you don't want to do? 

I don’t buy that you’re not being sarcastic.  

Edited by meazza

8 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Not every mask or scarf blocks the particulates. Hence the silliness of it. Some weaves are looser, some masks are poorly made, and even more people don't know how to properly use them even when they have the proper ones. 

So if I understand correctly, Americans are responsible enough to make the right decisions with regards to their health and safety and covid 19 but these same Americans can’t figure out how to properly wear a mask?

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I'd rather no lockdown and wearing masks than lockdown and masks.

I agree.  I’m against the lockdown now that we’ve had enough time to build supplies and prepare hospitals.

We as a city will be opening up slowly on the 19th.

3 minutes ago, meazza said:

So if I understand correctly, Americans are responsible enough to make the right decisions with regards to their health and safety and covid 19 but these same Americans can’t figure out how to properly wear a mask?

Human error is not an American only thing, it's a human thing. I have no problem with people wearing masks if they wish. I'm just not going to pretend it's doing much of anything most of the time due to not only human error, but the ineffectiveness of most homemade masks. Unless everyone is rocking the N95s, worn properly, you're not doing much of anything when it comes to stopping particulates from spreading. 

I'm not anti-mask. As an immunocompromised person, I'm sticking to the more stringent side of the guidelines out of precaution. But I have no qualms with people who don't want to wear them. Especially when most of the ones out there aren't doing the job.

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Human error is not an American only thing, it's a human thing. I have no problem with people wearing masks if they wish. I'm just not going to pretend it's doing much of anything most of the time due to not only human error, but the ineffectiveness of most homemade masks. Unless everyone is rocking the N95s, worn properly, you're not doing much of anything when it comes to stopping particulates from spreading. 

I'm not anti-mask. As an immunocompromised person, I'm sticking to the more stringent side of the guidelines out of precaution. But I have no qualms with people who don't want to wear them. Especially when most of the ones out there aren't doing the job.

I guess we’ve seen different studies.  Face coverings prevent particles when speaking or coughing though it may not be 100%, it is more effective than doing nothing at all.  

Same thing with washing hands and sanitizing objects such as our phones.  

This is what they do in Asia and they have been more successful but obviously, they have more experience.

Stay safe!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1