Do any of you think its good for JP

I might be reading into this JP thing too much, but do you all think it is good that JP is starting his NFL career against 4 non division teams and 3 of those teams residing in the NFC conference? Now yes, all the games are important, but as evidenced by last year, the Bills AFC record hurt them in tiebreaker scenarios. Maybe it will be good that JP gets his feet wet so he will be better when the Bills get to the meat of their AFC East/AFC Schedule.

Thoughts?

i hadn't thought about it from that perspective, but you make some sense. i also like that 4 of the first 6 are at home. our fans should be smart enough not to get down on JP if things are a little bumpy and provide him with strong support. by the middle of the year when the schedule toughens up, big cat should be on the prowl.

I might be reading into this JP thing too much, but do you all think it is good that JP is starting his NFL career against 4 non division teams and 3 of those teams residing in the NFC conference?  Now yes, all the games are important, but as evidenced by last year, the Bills AFC record hurt them in tiebreaker scenarios.  Maybe it will be good that JP gets his feet wet so he will be better when the Bills get to the meat of their AFC East/AFC Schedule.

Thoughts?

305103[/snapback]

I agree completely. It clearly looks like things get tougher as the schedule plays out. A perfect situation for a new QB. It looks like this schedule was designed for a rookie (albeit 2nd year one) to grow into the position more easily.

I might be reading into this JP thing too much, but do you all think it is good that JP is starting his NFL career against 4 non division teams and 3 of those teams residing in the NFC conference?  Now yes, all the games are important, but as evidenced by last year, the Bills AFC record hurt them in tiebreaker scenarios.  Maybe it will be good that JP gets his feet wet so he will be better when the Bills get to the meat of their AFC East/AFC Schedule.

Thoughts?

305103[/snapback]

Good point, although I would have liked some more road games early on when defenses baffle the bejeezus out of JP, saving the home games for the more important later-season dates.

i hadn't thought about it from that perspective, but you make some sense.  i also like that 4 of the first 6 are at home.  our fans should be smart enough not to get down on JP if things are a little bumpy and provide him with strong support.  by the middle of the year when the schedule toughens up, big cat should be on the prowl.

305111[/snapback]

uhhhhh, speaking of "smart" fans, would you mind threatening to beat the crap out of any fans near you that start the wave WHEN WE ARE ON OFFENSE!!!! :(

When THEY have the ball. O.K. , idiots?!?!?

I like that the schedule APPEARS to be easier early on. It gives JP the chance to get his feet wet and build his confidence up BEFORE the tougher games kick in. It also means that the coaching staff can afford to take his progression slowly, as we focus more on the running attack.

Of course, we are basing our assessment of the strength or ease of the schedule on last year's record, rather than what we expect to see this year.

That was the first thing I thought when I looked that schedule.....

- Our defense should be controlling those games.....

- Willis should be pounding away at those NFC teams

- JPL gets to be in a position where he is "getting better by the week"

By the time we get into the meat of our schedule....JPL will be a star on the rise....

That was the first thing I thought when I looked that schedule.....

- Our defense should be controlling those games.....

- Willis should be pounding away at those NFC teams

- JPL gets to be in a position where he is "getting better by the week"

By the time we get into the meat of our schedule....JPL will be a star on the rise....

305215[/snapback]

I hope you are right.