Top 10 QBs for NFL 100

On 12/29/2019 at 1:16 PM, Kirby Jackson said:

The point with Brees over Marino is that it’s either stats or Super Bowls. Brees has both on Marino. He racked up stats like Marino did but also has a Super Bowl MVP and should have been in the bowl again last year. He may go again this year. He is going to have every box checked in a comparison.

Get where you're coming from.  Stats, like I said, based on this era,  is not a factor for me.  Eli Manning has two rings.  Should he be in the top 10?  Brees has a better overall team.  But if you take him over Marino more power to you.  If there were a hypothetical draft of these two players, talent for talent, I'd bet 9 out of 10 teams take Marino; and I say that as a football fan who likes Drew Brees.

Edited by purple haze

1 hour ago, purple haze said:

Get where you're coming from.  Stats, like I said, based on this era,  is not a factor for me.  Eli Manning has two rings.  Should he be in the top 10?  Brees has a better overall team.  But if you take him over Marino more power to you.  If there were a hypothetical draft of these two players, talent for talent, I'd bet 9 out of 10 teams take Marino; and I say that as a football fan who likes Drew Brees.

I guess my point is that you base it on one thing or another. Montana is largely on the list from his winning. Marino is largely on their from his record passing numbers. Brees holds pretty much every relevant passing record and will do so by a WIDE margin when he’s done. That’s where the era factors in. He’s going to finish miles ahead of everyone but Brady and I would guess that margin is pretty wide when things are done. We can say he played in this “passing era” but his numbers will dwarf Peyton, Rodgers and others that were considered great at the same time.

You can’t ding him for not winning like you can Marino. He has a Super Bowl MVP and the worst call in history may have prevented his 2nd. He may still get another one or 2. 

Brees belongs above Marino, Favre and Elway in terms of modern players. Brady, Manning and Montana I have no issue with. The older guys I didn’t see so it’s tough for me to comment. It seems like a lot of older fans take major issue with Staubach. 

20 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I guess my point is that you base it on one thing or another. Montana is largely on the list from his winning. Marino is largely on their from his record passing numbers. Brees holds pretty much every relevant passing record and will do so by a WIDE margin when he’s done. That’s where the era factors in. He’s going to finish miles ahead of everyone but Brady and I would guess that margin is pretty wide when things are done. We can say he played in this “passing era” but his numbers will dwarf Peyton, Rodgers and others that were considered great at the same time.

You can’t ding him for not winning like you can Marino. He has a Super Bowl MVP and the worst call in history may have prevented his 2nd. He may still get another one or 2. 

Brees belongs above Marino, Favre and Elway in terms of modern players. Brady, Manning and Montana I have no issue with. The older guys I didn’t see so it’s tough for me to comment. It seems like a lot of older fans take major issue with Staubach. 

not a ***** hope Brees is getting that much love

he just doesn’t have it