Will the Flutopians be replaced by

I haven't gotten that far yet. I'm still upset Gale Gilbert never got a shot.

"You did it before in college, there's no reason we can't do it now." - Gale Gilbert to Frank Reich, Jan 3, 1993. Reich had just had a pass intercepted and returned for a TD by Bubba McDowell to make it Oilers 35, Bills 3 with 28 minutes to go in the AFC Championship game.

Someone here coined the term "Flutopians" for those that doggedly insist that Dougie was the best thing ever.

Will there be a persistent cadre of "Bledites" following in those footsteps, reminding one and all from time to time of the folly of his dismissal? :D

302858[/snapback]

Bledites or So-So's??? Where's Billy Joe Hobert when we need him???? :D

I'm old enough to be a Lamonican. :D

302918[/snapback]

I too am Lamonican.

I fought Kempism and its ritual of the forty yard sack. The championships were won in spite of him. When he threw his hat into the political ring I knew it was bound to be ultimately intercepted.

Hail the Mad Bomber.

I hope to be a Losmaniac:

"You talkin to me... Big Cat? Well, I'm the only one here."

" Slide? I don't need to stinkin slide!"

i'm a flutopian, because doug's big chance to get to the SB was just taken from his without reason or rhyme.

302892[/snapback]

Flutie's QB rating for 1999--the year his SB chance "was just taken from [him] without reason or rhyme"--was 75.1. Drew's QB rating for the 2004 season was 76.6. As passers, both players were about equally inept. Flutie could run well, but let's face it. When he was under center, it was the defense winning the games, with Flutie giving himself credit for playing "well enough to win."

Get your head out of your a$$. Flutie did not play like crap... he may not have been a Super Bowl worthy QB, but he did get the Billls to the playoffs for two straight years, something Drew couldn't match. He also came up big in big games... including the Miami playoff loss, in which he did his part.

To the contrary, Bledsoe came up limp in any game of significance. If you don't like Flutie, that's fine. But to say that he played like crap is just plain assenine and I don't care that there are 300 homers on this board blindly agree with what you say.

CYA

Umm Doug's "big chance" to get to the Super Bowl came in 1986 when Jim McMahon went down and Flutie took the reins of the defending world champion Bears. All he had to do was play smart while one of the greatest defenses to ever take the field did their thing.

He lost the very first playoff game.

His second "big chance" came in Buffalo when he had another great defense working for him and all he had to do was play smart to continue the Bills postseason dominance of the phish.

He spent all day spitting up turnovers and again lost the very first playoff game.

His last "big chance" was the one you referred to where he had an even better defense and all he had to do was play bad football against inferior opponents to earn a home playoff game and a bye.

He spent all season playing horrible football and as a result never even earned the opportunity to lose the first game.

Your boy is all mouth and no ass, and he always has been.

303002[/snapback]

Get your head out of your a$$.

If you don't like Flutie, that's fine.

But to say that he played like crap is just plain assenine and I don't care that there are 300 homers on this board blindly agree with what you say.

CYA

307220[/snapback]

301 actually :angry: The bottom line, THEY sucked.

I can't see that. Lots of people liked Fwootie because he was cute and cuddly, and would sometimes pull off a sandlot play. Drew isn't cute and cuddly, and he is kinda boring as a QB.

302862[/snapback]

I didnt give a roody toot if fwootie was cuddly or cute.