Check out the Redskins fans!

http://hailredskins.com/vbforum/showthread...8280#post448280

"I would welcome Clements but not straight up for #9 and we need a 1st round pick. The Bills have nothing to offer. Maybe their second this year Clements and their first next year but not sure I would do that either."

:(  :doh:  :blink:  :angry:  :angry:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

301537[/snapback]

They are all still stuck in 1992. No Mark Rypien isnt available

At first look, this statement seems kind of silly, until you take it in the context of Williams' role with the team. Whereever he goes, a solid D follows...no question.

301570[/snapback]

True.

When he was fired, I said numerous times on this board that I could envision him having a Shanahan/Belichick-like comeback as a head coach if, like they did, he got with a good coach and learned from that coach the things needed to succeed in his next opportunity running a team. Sound crazy? I'm sure it sounded crazy to Raiders fans, who thought Shanahan was a joke. It probably sounded even more crazy to Browns fans, who were more than happy to see Belichick ran out of town. With Williams learning under Joe Gibbs, don't be surprised if he gets another head coaching opportunity down the line AND succeeds in it.

True. 

When he was fired, I said numerous times on this board that I could envision him having a Shanahan/Belichick-like comeback as a head coach if, like they did, he got with a good coach and learned from that coach the things needed to succeed in his next opportunity running a team.  Sound crazy?  I'm sure it sounded crazy to Raiders fans, who thought Shanahan was a joke.  It probably sounded even more crazy to Browns fans, who were more than happy to see Belichick ran out of town.  With Williams learning under Joe Gibbs, don't be surprised if he gets another head coaching opportunity down the line AND succeeds in it.

Hopefully for him he learned that hiring your buds as assistant coaches is NOT a smart thing to do. Belichick and Shanahan succeed/succeeded largely because of their assistant coaches.

Hopefully for him he learned that hiring your buds as assistant coaches is NOT a smart thing to do.  Belichick and Shanahan succeed/succeeded largely because of their assistant coaches.

301591[/snapback]

You mean hiring the best man at your wedding as your special teams coach isn't a good idea? :(

True. 

When he was fired, I said numerous times on this board that I could envision him having a Shanahan/Belichick-like comeback as a head coach if, like they did, he got with a good coach and learned from that coach the things needed to succeed in his next opportunity running a team.  Sound crazy?  I'm sure it sounded crazy to Raiders fans, who thought Shanahan was a joke.  It probably sounded even more crazy to Browns fans, who were more than happy to see Belichick ran out of town.  With Williams learning under Joe Gibbs, don't be surprised if he gets another head coaching opportunity down the line AND succeeds in it.

301587[/snapback]

Just so long as it's not as coach of the Bills!

True. 

301587[/snapback]

Yeah, for every overnight success there is a "Clueless Joe" Torre who honed his craft by getting his asss kicked in on other jobs. Firing Williams was absolutely the right thing to do, you just can't have a bad gameday coach, and that's what Williams was. But if he irons out his on-field decision making problems he has a chance at a career revival.

Yeah, for every overnight success there is a "Clueless Joe" Torre who honed his craft by getting his asss kicked in on other jobs. Firing Williams was absolutely the right thing to do, you just can't have a bad gameday coach, and that's what Williams was. But if he irons out his on-field decision making problems he has a chance at a career revival.

GW will get another chance at being a head coach. If he learns his lesson and finds someone capable of running an offense, he may succeed. I give him a 50/50 shot next time.

Yeah, for every overnight success there is a "Clueless Joe" Torre who honed his craft by getting his asss kicked in on other jobs.  Firing Williams was absolutely the right thing to do, you just can't have a bad gameday coach, and that's what Williams was.  But if he irons out his on-field decision making problems he has a chance at a career revival.

302077[/snapback]

Agreed, firing Gregg was the correct thing to do. It may work to the advantage of both him and the Bills.

http://hailredskins.com/vbforum/showthread...8280#post448280

"I would welcome Clements but not straight up for #9 and we need a 1st round pick. The Bills have nothing to offer. Maybe their second this year Clements and their first next year but not sure I would do that either."

:P  :o  :P  :w00t:  :doh:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

301537[/snapback]

that is the most absurd thing I have ever seen.....I wouldn't do that trade on Madden '05 with a case and a half of BLUE in me! ;)

What's funny is once you get past that one crazy guy and his proposal, the rest of the posts are actually very logical and thoughtful. I would not agree with all of them, but the posters are all respectful of each other and, shockingly, true football conversation exists.