Two things from ESPN.com

JoeF

From ESPN Insider and Scouts, Inc.

Travis Henry

Bills Cardinals Apr. 7 - Scouts Inc. is hearing that the long-rumored Travis Henry-for-L.J. Shelton trade will be consummated within the next few days.

The deal has been delayed over the Bills' insistence that draft picks are included. Buffalo has been asking the Cardinals to switch spots in the second round, which Arizona now appears willing to do. If the trade goes through, Buffalo will move up from pick No. 55 to No. 44.

The only thing that could hold up the deal now is the status of Henry's contract. He has one year left on his deal, and the Cardinals would want to sign him to a long-term contract before making a trade.

L.J. Shelton

Cardinals Bills Apr. 7 - Left tackle L.J. Shelton appears to be on his way to Buffalo in exchange for running back Travis Henry. Scouts Inc. is hearing that the long-rumored trade will be consummated within the next few days.

Shelton, who fell out of favor with Cardinals coach Dennis Green last season, was granted permission to seek a trade in February. He has already undergone a physical by the Bills.

John Clayton has corrected the Bills cap figure from $62 Million available (Spend like drunken sailors in Thailand) to $6.2 Million (spend like drunken sailors in Norfolk)...This is as of April 1--so its probably more like $5 million after Anderson's hit is assessed--meaning that the assumption of Shelton's contract and the trade of Henry will leave us about $3.25 Million...enough to draft and sign one vet at the minimum....

From ESPN Insider and Scouts, Inc.

The only thing that could hold up the deal now is the status of Henry's contract. He has one year left on his deal, and the Cardinals would want to sign him to a long-term contract before making a trade.

299288[/snapback]

interesting...you never can believe anything though. i remember reading a while back that one of the things holding up the trade was that henry wnated a long term deal but arizona wanted him to play out his last year. who knows......well i hope the deal goes through.

299288[/snapback]

I believe I heard DG say that they weren't interested in giving TH a long term deal and would let him play out the year.

Personally, I think that's bunk but since DG is kind of a screwed up head case, it could be true. :lol:

I'm still confused about the $6.2M.  Weren't we at ~$2M a month ago, and didn't we have a net gain of people?

299480[/snapback]

i'm confused as well..........did MW restructure? or was this the type of thing that TD was referring to in his Q & A a few weeks back in regards to the media not knowing jack about the cap?

I'm still confused about the $6.2M.  Weren't we at ~$2M a month ago, and didn't we have a net gain of people?

299480[/snapback]

The only thing to account for such an increase would be if TD reworked a few deals and didnt make them public. Not a big surprise to me, he apparently reworked Schobel's deal at the end of the season and didnt make it public until March.

I'm still nervous about the Shelton deal though...I understand why Arizona would want to keep it under-wraps so nobody jumps up ahead of them and takes Pac-Man or Rolle (whoever they have targetted) but I just wish we knew for certain what was going on.

299480[/snapback]

Life is too short to try and figure out how much money someone else has to spend. Clumpy is gonna die a long and painful death very soon! :lol:

If Insider is correct, then it is TRAVIS who screwed himself (again) by being stupid. How can he now hold up the process by demanding mucho dinaro for a contract extension? AFTER whining about how he MUST BE TRADED and that THE BILLS were holding up the deal?

I expect - if the final sticking point is his contract extension - that he will sign for a low bonus with tons of backloaded money. Something like 4 years, $16 mill with a $1.5 mil bonus, base dollars of 625K, $ 2mil, $5 mil, $6.875 mil . He'll see years 3 and 4 ...yeh, right. :lol:

Guessing TD's move at #44 is sure to be wrong but a Center or CB makes a lot of sense unless a really good TE falls there.

I believe I heard DG say that they weren't interested in giving TH a long term deal and would let him play out the year.

299477[/snapback]

You did hear him say that. He said that he wanted TH to show his worth to make sure he didn't get short-changed on a new deal (great spin by DG).

I guess the braintrust at espn missed that interview...

You did hear him say that.  He said that he wanted TH to show his worth to make sure he didn't get short-changed on a new deal (great spin by DG).

I guess the braintrust at espn missed that interview...

299568[/snapback]

I could easily see the Cards saying that all you have to do Travis is be the player we know you are and we know you are and we will sign you to a long term extension in November. If he stinks, what do they care how Travis feels about them, he blew it and will be an UFA in 2006. If he plays well, they sign him up long term.

Of course, that could backfire because if he does well he may think he can get a ton on the open market and not sign. But if he's doing well and likes it they can probably get him on a fair contract to both sides.