Brown/Beasley/Singletary and the Passing Game

billsbackto81

I found this pretty amazing and eye opening as to how bad the Receiving Corp was last season and how  negatively it reflected on Josh's ability as a QB. 

As up and down as his game was yesterday he still went 24/37 for 254. I know it's early but that's on pace for 4k on the season.

Last season the Bills didn't reach 254 yards passing til Week 8 (287), a blowout loss to the Pats 25-6. Damn!

To start the season it went 70, 209, 164, 87, 79, 129, 168 then 287. That's historically bad.

Really looking forward to his maturation and chemistry with his new group. He may not be as polished as some before him but he has more heart and grit than them combined and it showed yesterday. Mayfield and Darnold crumbled. Josh said, " I got this"! Go Bills!

Thanks for those numbers. Crazy how bad the passing attack has been. Also interesting to watch real NFL wide receivers catch the ball. Zay has to step it up. I been a big fan of his. 

I’d love to see Allen get over 4,000 yards and get to a 2 to 1 TD to Int ratio. He will do it just not sure it will happen this season yet. 

1 hour ago, billsbackto81 said:

I found this pretty amazing and eye opening as to how bad the Receiving Corp was last season and how  negatively it reflected on Josh's ability as a QB. 

As up and down as his game was yesterday he still went 24/37 for 254. I know it's early but that's on pace for 4k on the season.

Last season the Bills didn't reach 254 yards passing til Week 8 (287), a blowout loss to the Pats 25-6. Damn!

To start the season it went 70, 209, 164, 87, 79, 129, 168 then 287. That's historically bad.

Really looking forward to his maturation and chemistry with his new group. He may not be as polished as some before him but he has more heart and grit than them combined and it showed yesterday. Mayfield and Darnold crumbled. Josh said, " I got this"! Go Bills!

Some of those bad numbers were PeterPick though. 

It was his 12th game as a pro and he didn't exactly come from a college program who played top notch talent every week.   So that's encouraging.

As far as I'm concerned, two deflected passes aren't INT's, it's the bad throws that were should-be-picks that should be the focus of this week's film study for Josh and Dorsey.

That designed run on 4th down where Josh went left and untouched out of bounds to move the chains was a thing of beauty.  Daboll gets an A for designing, coaching and calling that play at the perfect time.  Jets were clueless.  Those are crowd killers too, not that NY had much crowd impact anyway.

Was nice to see Josh outplay Darnold and Ed outplay QW.