If the Bills were to trade up......

Sadly, I do have to say that when you put it that way, your logic, well just seems  aw, er, mmm, well, it's logical? I'm giving up the Matt Jones cause. It's too bad, he'd be perfect in Buffalo. I can't wait for this draft to happen, the suspense is killing me.

298320[/snapback]

Not so fast. If the Bills see him on the board with names like Baas, Spencer, Hawthorne and other targets already gone, then he's right back into play.

I don't get the idea of Pittsburgh wanting Jones, which is usually accompanied with the reasoning that they did well with Randel El. That is precisely the reason they wouldn't take Jones IMO. They don't need another Randel El, they need a polished receiver to go with Ward and Randel El.

I haven't been following what the Pit folks have been talking about so perhaps they do like Jones. I'm sure most teams are intrigued by him.

i just don't think there is a boat w/ this guy. 

think Eric Frost - still trying to transition to FS from quarterback.

heres another one for you....white guy..... great athlete.... fast, can jump.

something is not right.  he's either way overrated or will be hurt

plus he is not a proven commodity. why waste a round 1 for that?

theres lots of talent in the draft, proven talent, at positions they have been playing for years

298232[/snapback]

let's see his production after he's off the roids

Here's a scenario that may be feasible. The first thinng that would have to happen is making the TH/LJ Shelton trade and the swapping of the 2nd rd picks. Once that happens then we could package the #44 pick with Ryan Denney and our 3rd rd pick (#86). In return we would recieve the Colts' 1st rd. pick (#29) and their 2nd rd pick (#60).

298215[/snapback]

I know we are just thinking out loud, but what do the Colts get in this scenario. We get their first and second, in essense they go from picking #29 to #44, and then from # 60 to #86 . Oh and we thorw a guy who very well may not see the field very often here and who we all think sucks. Cmon guys who in their right mind would do this deal?

They have players that they want to relocate. How bad is Denney? I don't know, but I do know is that he is always battling for the starting position. Anyways, I gave up the crusade. Mark VI showed that it isn't a very good trade for Buffalo. As far as the Colts, well it might not have been enough compensation but I don't think that's it terribly off either. Maybe a pick from next year's draft could make a difference.

I don't know if the Bills really want to trade up, beyond swapping picks with Arizona and moving up to #44. Moving up to the bottom of the first round would mean giving up our 3rd rounder in addition to our 2nd. For Matt Jones, a man without a position ?

I'm not saying he wouldn't eventually be a good player but this seems like a gamble pick for a team with extra picks on Day 1, not us with a shortage. We have too many needs ( C,CB,RB,DT etc. ) to sacrafice our entire Day 1 on this guy.

298245[/snapback]

maybe he can challenge Coy Wire for a starting position somewhere. :)

It's Draft time, and I know everyone gets excited about Trading Up...But I would rather see TD/TM stay put, or better yet ADD Draft Picks...That being said...

The move up to #44 likely means the Bills get a (as in one) Prospect who may help a bit more at an area of Need... IMHO this Roster is in Need of potential bodies in numbers, but if that's the Deal TD is going to make, no big deal...No net loss of Draft Picks... Trading Up (above and beyond the Henry scenerio) means giving away Picks...Without a 1st Rounder already, why would the Bills give up more Picks to move up further? Anyway...

With the move up to #44 I'm hoping TD/TM have a DT or CB in mind...I just think with the assumed addition of Shelton, filling the Prime Needs on the Defensive Side is more important right now... The names that seem to hover around the #44 area at CB and DT are CB's Bryant McFadden, Marlin Jackson, Eric Green, and Fabian Washington, and DT's Mike Patterson, Atiyyah Ellison, and Anttaj Hawthorne. I've seen Mocks that have Jackson, Washington, Patterson, and Hawthorne go in the Late 1st, but at least one of those 4 will likely still be around at #44. The Mock Draft Muncher has Jackson at #34, Washington at #33, and Hawthorne at #30. As far as Players I've seen, I really liked McFadden, Jackson, and Peterson. As far as what I've read, all have strong upsides, with the possible exception of Ellison...

Because there always seems to be a run at DB in the Late 1st-Early 2nd Area (and because I trust the Muncher), I'm going to assume Wahington, and Jackson are off the Board at #44...I'll also assume that someone takes a shot at Hawthorne from 1-43...In my mind that leaves Green, Patterson and McFadden as possibilities at #44...From there, I'll leave it up to TD/TM... :lol:

I don't get the idea of Pittsburgh wanting Jones, which is usually accompanied with the reasoning that they did well with Randel El. That is precisely the reason they wouldn't take Jones IMO. They don't need another Randel El, they need a polished receiver to go with Ward and Randel El.

I haven't been following what the Pit folks have been talking about so perhaps they do like Jones. I'm sure most teams are intrigued by him.

298345[/snapback]

Plexiglass was a tall, talented, lazy receiver who opened up the midfield for Hines Ward. Jones is taller, more talented, much more faster, motivated receiver that will open up the midfield much more then Plexiglass and enable Hines to have an even better year. Pitt-Plexiglass+Jones=much better offense!