What have the Democrats done in the past Four years

B-Man

5 minutes ago, Joe Miner said:

Remember last week when we hated politicians posing for photo ops?

That was because they accused Trump of culturally appropriating the Bible! 

But a bunch of lilly white dems appropriating Kente cloth isn't appropriation because they're Ghanaian on the inside, dammit! :lol: 

• Thank you (+1) 2

Every once in a while.................they let it slip.

Working-class parents without college degrees aren’t capable of overseeing their own children’s education, according to comments State Sen. Jeanne Dietsch (D-Peterborough) made during a House Education Committee hearing on Tuesday. Dietsch was speaking on behalf of a Senate bill that would repeal a law allowing the state Board of Education to create an alternative program for granting graduation credits, which became Learn Everywhere.

“This idea of parental choice, that’s great if the parent is well-educated. There are some families that’s perfect for. But to make it available to everyone? No. I think you’re asking for a huge amount of trouble,” Dietsch said.

“Is it your belief that only well-educated parents can make proper decisions for what’s in the best interest of their children?” asked a dumbfounded Rep. Glenn Cordelli (R-Tuftonboro).

(Excerpt) Read more at insidesources.com ...

• Thank you (+1) 3

Imposing a 14 day lock down on anyone flying in will do this. Until the Governor lifts that 14 day quarantine (instead of extending it) people are going to be out of work in an area where the jobs are tourism, tourism, tourism!

Hawaii grapples with Great Depression-level unemployment as tourism plummets

<snip>

In an effort to contain the spread of COVID-19 on the islands, Hawaii's government acted fast -- imposing a mandatory 14-day quarantine for all visitors. While the move was lauded by many and proved effective in preventing major outbreaks of the respiratory disease on the islands, the impact to tourism, Hawaii's biggest industry, proved quick and severe.

</snip>

'You go from 30,000 airline passengers per day to a few hundred'

Carl Bonham, the executive director and a professor at the Economic Research Organization at University of Hawaii, told ABC News that the most recent data puts Hawaii's unemployment rate at 22.3% in April, but because these surveys were conducted early that month before many of the job losses, some economists estimate it's 30% or more.

"The range of unemployment estimates will vary dramatically," Bonham said. "The bottom line is it's bad, a lot of the data is problematic right now because of sort of changes in what it means to be in the labor force."

</snip>

...my "way left" Dem relatives are in a prolonged "Trump Tizzy" and I love it.....flooding FB......guess I'm supposed to feel bad for being blacklisted from relatives gatherings...YAWN....so here is today's "daily dose" to humor you.....the wife of a cousin ripped a conservative cousin up big time...said he was a lunatic for his views and was probably an unfit father for raising his children in such a "radical" household.......her and her husband unfriended him immediately....BTW, her husband (my cousin) is a condescending, arrogant "woody"......make a comment and his standard answer is, "let me explain this for you"......I CAN'T MAKE THIS STUFF UP folks.....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...my "way left" Dem relatives are in a prolonged "Trump Tizzy" and I love it.....flooding FB......guess I'm supposed to feel bad for being blacklisted from relatives gatherings...YAWN....so here is today's "daily dose" to humor you.....the wife of a cousin ripped a conservative cousin up big time...said he was a lunatic for his views and was probably an unfit father for raising his children in such a "radical" household.......her and her husband unfriended him immediately....BTW, her husband (my cousin) is a condescending, arrogant "woody"......make a comment and his standard answer is, "let me explain this for you"......I CAN'T MAKE THIS STUFF UP folks.....

You cousin is the Crusader, GregPersons?

2 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

You cousin is the Crusader, GregPersons?

...LMAO!!!.....wouldn't surprise me.......hell they could adopt him as a PERFECT fit.......posted it before, but worth repeating to add to your "Sunday humor"......a late aunt was way left of "WAY left".....continually lamented how Ronald Reagan "ruined her life".....her son, a prominent DC attorney switched parties to GOP.......she never talked to him again before her death......I KID YOU NOT.....

4 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...LMAO!!!.....wouldn't surprise me.......hell they could adopt him as a PERFECT fit.......posted it before, but worth repeating to add to your "Sunday humor"......a late aunt was way left of "WAY left".....continually lamented how Ronald Reagan "ruined her life".....her son, a prominent DC attorney switched parties to GOP.......she never talked to him again before her death......I KID YOU NOT.....

What about after her death?