[Name Only Title] Bryan Hoyer

Stallions

45 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Hoyer is 1-10 in his last 3 years.  I'll take my chances with Matt.

1). Are people using really using won- loss record for qbs?  Dear lord.  

2) even with his 1-10, his winning % is 43% to 28% that Barkley has.

37 minutes ago, The Dean said:

I can understand someone thinking Hoyer is better than Barkley (though at this point in their careers, and for the 2019 Bills, I don't agree). But you clearly don't want to use their salaries as any sort of proof, do you? Are you prepared to argue every player making X is better than every player making less than X?  This didn't help your case at all.

My bigger point is on the open market, who gets paid more?  And it’s clearly, Hoyer because he is a better qb.

and this is silly I agree.  We weren’t signing Hoyer.  But it’s a bigger point.  Personally, I want the best team possible.  I’d take CK as a backup because he is better than Barkley.  I would take Hoyer because he is better than Barkley.  I also question some people’s Ability to be objective.  I bet at one point I was the biggest Barkley fan on this board.  But he isn’t good and he’s not as good as Hoyer.  

The fact that every statistic says Hoyer is better and the fact that the Colts just Gave him a contract double Barkley’s (which means other teams wanted him) and people are still arguing Barkley is better is looney toons.  But hey, being a fan means being totally biased to some.  Happy Labor Day!

Edited by C.Biscuit97

5 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

1). Are people using really using won- loss record for qbs?  Dear lord.  

2) even with his 1-10, his winning % is 43% to 28% that Barkley has.

Yes I did, and I used his last 3 years.  Hoyer is 34 and there is no way the Bills sign him for a 12 million contract at that age when they

got a guy they want for much cheaper.

The Dolts are in crisis mode and it makes sense THEY gamble the money on him because he will probably be the starter sometime this year for them.

I don't "hate" on Hoyer at all.  He just doesn't fit what the Bills want so they are not going to pursue him.

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

Yes I did, and I used his last 3 years.  Hoyer is 34 and there is no way the Bills sign him for a 12 million contract at that age when they

got a guy they want for much cheaper.

The Dolts are in crisis mode and it makes sense THEY gamble the money on him because he will probably be the starter sometime this year for them.

I don't "hate" on Hoyer at all.  He just doesn't fit what the Bills want so they are not going to pursue him.

That’s fair.  My whole point is if it’s last offseason and both Hoyer and Barkley are available, Hoyer is more in demand because he’s the better qb.  It’s that simple.  

12 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

That’s fair.  My whole point is if it’s last offseason and both Hoyer and Barkley are available, Hoyer is more in demand because he’s the better qb.  It’s that simple.  

In your "if" scenario I probably agree.  To start 2019 the way it is I don't think Barkley as a backup is a bad situation.

I really believe Barkley has found a home in Buffalo being a backup and has a very good chance in succeeding in that role.

Hoyer will probably be a starter by default again until the team moves on from him, again.

On 8/31/2019 at 7:36 PM, Stallions said:

The 33 year old vet is available after the Pats released him today.  Maybe a great source of information and a good back-up if either Allen or Barkley get nicked?  His salary was $915,00 in '18 but was to jump to $2mil this season.   

Hoyer is better than Brissett. In fact, he's better than Mariotta. Colts probably won't win the AFCS as it seems the Jags will.